Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

It seems a little silly to update any time the thing moves a degree but since I did it already I figured I’d mention that I checked before bed last night and it had gone back down to 60%. I assume that means it “burped” itself which if so is awesome.

4 Likes

I had occasion to open the bag for the first time today cause a friend wanted an early sample. Really happy with it so far. Bud smelled great as soon as I opened it and when breaking it up even more so. My buddy said a few hits were a little dry but on some he caught some nice flavor. It’s still usually at 60% and goes up to 61% for a little while here and there.

5 Likes

That goes right along with my findings. When I open the bag I’m hit with a very nice odor. The RH is holding steadily within 2% fluctuations. I’m calling it a good purchase for my part. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Now what we got to do is try some beside a standard stash bag like the dispensaries give out as this seems like the same thing. My Cheese is good but I bagged it all so nothing to compare it to. My next batch I will bag and jar some of a strain and perhaps try a standard black bag they dole out weed in. That will be the true test for me.

5 Likes

You are quite correct @DougDawson . That would be the tell.

3 Likes

Just wanted to post something up that I noticed last night. Had a buddy come by and I gave him some nug out of the Grove bag. It was open for maybe 5 minutes or so but I saw the hygrometer shoot up to 66% from 60%. When I sealed the bag it stayed at 66% and made a point to circle back in about an hour to check it - 60% again. So far nothing but good to say about these.

8 Likes

I noticed this as well. If they’re not open long they go right back to what the buds are settled at. I bought several oz bags to keep handy and they have been keeping the buds just right.

4 Likes

They get an F for customer service in my book.

I’ll stick with my turkey bags, totes, and food grade buckets with air tight gamma lids. If it’s not broke don’t fix it

7 Likes

Can you tell just a little more @WeTokeChronic?

I’ve never heard a thing from them after 2 sample requests, an email, and a message on Instagram…haven’t heard a peep so it makes me want to say fuck em! They should have better customer service for a growing company especially when it’s just a damn bag they’re selling at a high price :joy:

6 Likes

I also heard nothing back from my IG messages requesting samples. It was read immediately but they never responded.

I’m seeing 2 of them work though so I can’t complain.

4 Likes

I am letting my bags go for a 6 month cure. The first one I will crack open on Christmas Eve. I will report back shortly after that about how the final product is, but I just checked my RH meters in the windows and they are holding steady at 61-62%

4 Likes

Yeah I haven’t had a response to email or IG

2 Likes

They have a sample request on their website so if you have that you have to live up to it or you’re going to fail!

I’d LOVE to see somebody do a side by side test instead of just saying it works. Use a Grove bag and use a turkey bag or/and food grade buckets with gamma lids

5 Likes

I didn’t realize that. In that case yeah you don’t get to ignore requests through your official site if you offered them in the first place.

I think @DougDawson is doing a side by side or has one planned.

4 Likes

I will try that on my next bud run. I ended up using them but the whole Cheese auto ended up in 2 grove bags so no way to compare it and I don’t know the strain.

4 Likes

I thought you had said you were doing it but I may have been mistaken.

I’m digging the bags so far enough that I’m comfortable just going with them for what it’s worth @WeTokeChronic . Still a true side by side would be the true measure and cool to see.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve had a few people I really trust tell me that they like them so they’re probably good to go…but so are turkey bags and food grade buckets with gamma lids :man_shrugging:t3: That’s the only reason I prefer at least a one bag sample. I’d be happy with an oz sample bag but prefer 1-2 lb
A lot more growers swear my turkey bags rather then grove bags but turkey bags have been around a lot longer

4 Likes

after a proper dry 16 days at 60f and 60% rh, been curing for like 3 months in some 1/2 pound bags, the weed smells awesome, it visually looks cured (buds have tightened & goldened up), it does feel a tiny little bit more dry and crumbly compared to 62% bovedas in mason jars. I’m using the all black, no window bags and they work for me so far

3 Likes

Thanks for the input @supershitfuck !