Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Dont forget extra Pmags and all the 223/556 you can as well and dont forget to put a rock or some kind of marker on top just when buried so you dont forget the location.

2 Likes

I switched to GroveBags 7 months ago.
I absolutely love them.
No Jar Zone
:grin:

5 Likes

Just made first order of them. Tired of jar zone myself. @JimIsAlwaysHigh55 have you reused them?

2 Likes

I have not reused them… They are pretty inexpensive here.
I have heard of folks cleaning them with alcohol and using them again… I have not tried that yet .

2 Likes

@boozer.
Do what I did.
Put same strain in a jar while you burp. Then put some in a GB.
You will see a noticeable difference…
I did, and chucked the jars

3 Likes

I’ve read through some reviews A while back. That’s what pushed me to try. 13$ a bag that will add up! But if I get two or three runs outta them its def. with it. Ill play with this order. Thanks jim

2 Likes

You are very welcome @Boozer.
Please message me when you have tried them for yourself.
Also; not sure where you bought them, but the GB website has package deals… You can even make your own packages… VERY VERY reasonable.

Have a growing day! :v:

3 Likes

Mine dried out quick even before winter got here. I didn’t heat seal them. Next run I’m probably going to heat seal and keep them in a humidity controlled space and see if it stays fresher longer. I don’t want to use Boveda packs.

5 Likes

Thanks @JimIsAlwaysHigh55 I hit up that website. Now I see. Making another order…lol

4 Likes

@Boozer
The “build your own” offer is the way most of us found to be more convenient and cost efficient.
I use mine just for the cure now. I have plenty of storage room for jars so I cure in Groves so there’s no burping involved and then, after they level off at 63%, I’ll either jar them or vacuum pack them.

I don’t plan to ever seal them. I did purchase some small bags for on hand smoking so I don’t have to open any jars or big bags so often. I think the zip seal on the bags will last much longer that way and I can use the same bags for many cures.

Oh, and @Jasper , I didn’t forget. :wink:

3 Likes

for those of you in the UK - try HYDROBROS I found them there a few months back, quick and easy and not crazy shipping like when you buy from the States.

Oh, and my two pence worth, I think they are grand.
I have heat sealed a few and opened a back that was sealed December - when I opened the bag, the smell was truly amazing, the smoothness of the smoke was better and the RH was spot on for me. The real winner is the taste and smell.

3 Likes

I can not agree more. :v:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’m interested in trying out these bags at the end of this run.

I’ve read through most the thread and it seems there are a few ways to do it…

I usually do a dry trim, and then jar up with Integra boost packs (they are like Boveda), and burp once a day for about a month…

Do I need to measure the RH inside the grove bag until it hits between 58-62?

Like will I basically have to leave the bag open until humidity is about right before I seal it up?

One thing I like about the packs is that I don’t need to monitor RH because they correct it in either direction. I’ve had good experience with Integra packs, but I’m tired of all the mason jars and I would like the option to heat seal for long term storage.

3 Likes

I get it close by feel and then bag with an RH monitor. I have gone too low and had to put in a few green cut leaves or a Bovida pack but, yes, after it’s leveled off It’s just sit and wait for the smoothness and terps to shine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is anyone using a moisture meter instead of humidity meter?

I saw people over on AFN using something like this:

Basically you stick the meter into the drying bud, and if it’s between 9-11% then you are good to put the bud into grove bags, no need to check RH.

This is what I’m going to try at the end of my next harvest.

5 Likes

I have one after @MoBilly suggested it. I test the stems to be about 20% and it seems like a good spot. Haven’t tested the buds themselves with it.

3 Likes

I use these once I dry by touch to somewhere in the high 60s RH, then buck off the stems into the bags, burp the big Grove bags to finish the dry. Once the bud is holding at 60-62% I let the bags take care of the rest of cure.

6 Likes

Nice technique. Always love hearing different techniques on stuff.

3 Likes

These work great and are way cheaper ProPremium 25 Mylar Bags 1 Gallon - Extra Thick 7.4 Mil - 10"x14" Airtight Vacuum Sealing Sealable Mylar Bags for Long Term Food Storage - Odor Free Heat Resistant - Light and Moisture Proof Fresh Saver Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JHJ4XZL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CN89EYNA3R2CA0AZZEGS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

In case you missed it you could get 6 for that price, shipped.

5 Likes