Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Well let’s hope he doesn’t bother to get on here again. Life is too short for this nonsense.

5 Likes

Kind of snarky. You may well trash me too, but here goes…

I have meticulously datalogged 4 cures using the bags and 1 cure using jars/burping.

I used this sensor for datalogging:

What I found was with jars you had burp to keep the humidity from getting too high, as the rH would climb as the moisture migrated from the stems into the buds… With the bags the humidity stays dead nuts on target. On e caveat to using them is that you need to get the humidity in the 58-65% range before putting it in the bag. If you start with >65% humidity you will need to burp the bags until you get to <=65% rh.

The rH was too high on these 2 when I loaded them, I had to burp it 4 times, over 2 days, before I could just let it sit and cure. But look at the stability after that last burp…

I also did a taste test where I compared a single plant, jar vs bag, and after a 60 day cure both were very comparable in taste, high, and ash. The bags were just a lot less hassle. You just seal at 65% and forget it. The jars required consistent monitoring and a bunch of burps.

Now I havent tried anything other than jars or Grove bags. Paper bags, cobs, and other methods may well work as good or better. I do like the simplicity and particularly the repeatbility of the Grove bags.

28 Likes

Excellent report

6 Likes

What @ShiskaberrySavior said.
Great report. Unfortunately I think he’s an intentionality argumentative person who wouldn’t believe you even if he was there for the testing @MrWizard .

3 Likes

Thank you, actual science…you think the Grove Bag’s are 27 times better than a jar… :sunglasses:

When did we start letting 12 year olds on here???

8 Likes

LMAO…thanks, needed a good laugh, was tough day at work today…

4 Likes

Here you go my friend, just do me a favor and wait till I leave the room before you use it :wink:

download.jpeg-22

17 Likes

Dang bro @DougDawson ! If only you could make a digital version of that spray! You would be richer than Midas! lol

9 Likes

Your a good dude.
I want to say something but gone is good enough.

4 Likes

Has anyone here tried overfilling one of these, to see if it messes with the cure at all? Just wondering how much wiggle room there should be, since the bags are usually about half full.

5 Likes

Never tried it myself.

I do know that anecdotal beliefs are that the more air space the better.
Never seen a study to validate it though.

3 Likes

Funny you ask that. I had put 5 oz in the 1/4 pound bag with a rh meter in it cause I was wondering. It worked the same as the others except smooshed.

6 Likes

I packed a 1 oz bag over full never noticed any difference . Not too scientific but left it a month or more like that before smoking it.

6 Likes

good to know. thanks all. :seedling: :green_heart:

1 Like

I overloaded a 1/4 lb bag for about two weeks before I split it up by vacuum packing half. I saw no problem but that was only two weeks ~.

3 Likes

I ordered some of these since my curing needs to be improved a bit lol. I cut in mason jars but I’m also doing notsodogs cure tech too. Trying out different methods this run than what I’m used to. Will report back on these bags.

2 Likes

I’m still on the fence about these bags, but more airspace seems counter-productive. I try to fill jars, seems it makes for less, and slower oxidation. Is the more “air space” part of the way these bags work? Just curious.

4 Likes

@HorseBadorites
Grove Bags website says to allow 20% empty space for “proper” curing. I go by that since the manufacturer suggested it. True, though, they might just want to sell more bags. That would sell them 20% more bags. lol

9 Likes

Ha, I hadn’t even thought of that! Nah, I was wondering if it somehow helped with the cure, and how… well other than not smashing your buds in an overfilled bag!

2 Likes

OH yeah @HorseBadorites .
I knew what you were wondering. It’s just that sometimes my brain is like a young Beagle hound with a good nose in a field full of rabbits. You never know what direction it’ll take off in.
:rofl:

3 Likes