Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Overfilled bags should cure ok, but the buds will get all mushed together and flat on some sides. If you care about that sort of thing.

I consider them as a more convenient mason jar, not a curing miracle. The marketing is really aggressive.

6 Likes

I would agree. I don’t see much, if any, difference between my stuff that I cured in jars and the bags. I also agree that it’s a convenience and not a necessity, It works for me for several reasons, the main being my terrible memory. For reasons I won’t go into, I have trouble in that respect. The bags remove that problem. I use them for the cure only. Then I package as I stated up thread a bit.

5 Likes

Yeah same, but I’m not a pro so who knows. It’s also nice to stuff all of the buds from a whole plant in one big bag instead of messing around with a bunch of jars. Evens out the moisture across the whole lot of it too.

4 Likes

They are stoner proof for sure. No more forgetting to put the lid back on the jar. I’m taking your lead @MoBilly and going from there into 1oz vacuum packs for long term storage.

2 Likes

Compressed buds don’t bother me a bit. lol

3 Likes

Ha, yup, I know what you mean. I’m the same, and sometimes there’s not even any rabbits :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep. I have times that it seems… SQUIRREL!!!

4 Likes

Some @SpideyPonics pink raspberry that’s been in a bag for a couple months now .

19 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior .
They look delicious.
:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Actually we were giving them a try to see how they worked for us, and were sharing our results. It’s easy to come crap on them with no actual data, but they seem to be working well for a decent number of users, so maybe take a min, toke a bowl and read a bit. If they still aren’t for you, move on. No need for the smack talk. Just my 2 cents. :seedling: :green_heart:

15 Likes

I know this guy isn’t actually looking for any explanation of how they’re different than an impermeable Mylar bag, but if anyone else is interested, there’s a good explanation from about 10-12 minutes into this podcast with Jack Grover:

10 Likes

They’re vacuum sealed so they make you sweat.

6 Likes

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijps/2012/302029/

2 Likes

Wow. Just, wow. The negativity that some people have just oozes out every time I read one of their posts. kinda like pus. I’ve read this dudes posts before. I don’t even think he likes himself, much less anyone else. Thanks guys.
It would be different had I been actually promoting these bags. I hadn’t even bought them until after I started the thread.
I’ve seen more than enough from this guy anyway. In all the time I’ve been on here I’ve only “ignored” one person. Now it’s two.
He picked the right screen name for sure.

12 Likes

Some people have to be like flies and crap wherever they land.

3 Likes

The good thing about this particular community here at OG, is that folks like that usually get “gone” pretty quick.

I like that about OG! Healthy discourse is very welcome and appreciated, even if it is opposing views, but Troll bullshit usually gets called out, and repeat offenders get gone.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I like a good debate with a person that may have a different perspective than I do. As long as that person can explain how he came to his/her conclusions. Actually I don’t like that word “conclusions”. It means the end of consideration, “it’s over” in other words. I never want to think I know it all. lol
What’s the fun in that?

3 Likes

Grove bags are high barrier film products. Super common and nothing special in other industries.

What we need is a high barrier film mason jar top. Still glass… no burping… reusable.

I’ll take 10% royalty ok?

18 Likes

I have a 1/4 lb bag that has a bad spot (crack) from the factory. They replaced it.
I might just have to do an experiment and cut that thing up a little. lol

4 Likes

Now you have my attention! :wink:

3 Likes