Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

I like the grove bag for the simplicity of being able to open and close with out a heat seal .
They definitely keep your weed in the sweet spot compared to the zipzag freezer bags which over a months time has your weed too dry.

Yes I store in vacuum bags gave up jars years ago , I do use vacuum lid containers in my daily smoke but for long term storage sealed and stored in a cool dark spot is my preference.

6 Likes

I just ordered 7x 27 gallon totes to cut up and use as mason tops instead of the metal disc…So cheap compared to the shipping LOL!

I’ll keep you all updated.

7 Likes

Do that. :slight_smile:
Thanks. @LD50

Neat idea! I had considered doing the same with the wicket bags, or even trying to attach them over the top of larger glass containers with some produce rubber bands, to use a large crock or pickle jar for curing. I ended up just getting a bunch of the 1lb bags but I’m curious to see how your experiment goes!

2 Likes

Thanks!! I’ll try heat sealing them in different areas to see if they used the melt film everywhere or just in that “seal” zone… unless you guys know already?

And good call on the wicket bags. I meant to say I bought the 27 gal wicket (not tote) bags.

3 Likes

Before trying to rig new gaskets for mason jars you should consider the flipups with the rubber grommet.

I use the 2L ones and sometimes vacuum bags but the glass is the way for me. I can see why some might find the bags appealing. I don’t.

9 Likes

Some people should take note. This is how to say something isn’t for you without being an ass about it. :slight_smile:
:+1:t5:

11 Likes

Hey thanks man.

In my defence I’m an ass in other ways.

It’s just the boron guy trying to ruffle feathers again. I wish he were a little more subtle. “If you don’t gargle with boron daily you’re a cookie gobbler non legit poseur.”

10 Likes

I have no doubt! I’ve been around here for a while now. lol
:rofl:
But you’ll do to ride the river with. :wink:

6 Likes

My test on the Grove bag says they work. Still holding exactly @60% humidity. Looking forward to no burping

6 Likes

Today is day 14

10 Likes

69 percent?

1 Like

59%
I thought the same for a second.
:slight_smile:

Ah so
Cool
I really like them hope they continue to hold for the long term I hate the jars

1 Like

The longest I have kept anything in is one bag of GDP that I kept out just to see. It’s held solid for about six months.

3 Likes

Ya, but do they have V neck? image

1 Like

Confirmed 59. Damned reflection

3 Likes

Now I’m wondering if maybe the bags do make more of a difference over jars more than I thought. Put a few nugs from the bags into ziplocks today, it completely stunk out the car through the ziplocks and backpack. Was it the bags, or the genetics ?

Next harvest is going half jars half bags, we’ll see.

5 Likes

@smokenhike
I think the smoke I have done in bags has a stronger profile than the smoke I did with jars.

Please let us know how that goes.
:pray:t3:

6 Likes

I have had Bud in the bags for a week or so now. Holding dead steady at 59-60% absolutely no smell from the bags. They are easier to store and deal with, take way less room , and i actually like using them.

They are certainly a “one way” bag, only let excess moisture out, not bring any in. So putting bud in that is stable at 58-62% is essential. I but one bag at 58, one at 60. Week or more later, bag 1 is staying 58-59, bag 2 is staying 59-60 .

Have a real nice harvest in a week, going to put all of it in these bags after the hang dry. Feel confident i can control them better than the jars, and to me, they are much easier to deal with.

I really like the small “mailer” bag. Works perfect for me as my go to bag. Easy to conceal, no smell, quick to get into and put away. I take my Ebike and my GSD’s out near every day for a run, and the bag makes it much easier and convienent to bring with me.

Not tried the larger bags, just the mailers and the 1 ounce ones so far. Think the bigger ones will work exactly the same. Really like them!

13 Likes