Grow room diary,take #2

Much appreciated brother!I’ll be heading out later,I’ll check it out,I don’t have the data out here to handle any videos at the moment hehe

2 Likes

As far as different shapes & styles… there’s a couple considerations:

maximizing canopy area to fill growing space?
and/or
maximizing individual plant total yield?
etc. :blush:

It seems most of the indoor examples of pruning/training here(& elsewhere) are about the first idea but I’ve had good luck using the “super-crop” topping & “soma knuckles” bending/kinking/training to bring out a relatively bigger yield. I can’t say it with certainty though because it wasn’t done side-by-side to a clone allowed to be “natural” shape.

What I liked about the topping to 4 or 6 lower branches was the uniform bud size & flatter canopy. I think it will help me to do it this year since I had budrot last year, mostly on the biggest nicest colas(no airflow in the buds/colas), and the tallest plants.

The soma-bending or kinking makes a branch more horizontal, slows stretch, and gets light to the “lower” buds because they are no longer lower :slight_smile:… so it seems like less larf down low.

And as far as defoliating… I agree about leaving them be as much as possible…BUT I gotta hear this new info. (thanks @ReikoX). I saw some growers on youtube… :palm_tree: “The Jungle Boyz” in LA, and the guy said he removes everything except the top 3 buds and any inward-facing fan leaf, at week 2 of flower. :scissors: But that’s for commercial efficiency, not desparate homegrowers! :smile:

I’m stoned. I’m outta here. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

This is not that drastic at all, more like lollypopping…

5 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much for all the info,I’ll have to figure out how to watch or listen to the podcast,not sure when,I started it up and seen it was over an hour,so I only had the time that I was in line at the store, sorry man ,as soon as I can tho, peace

3 Likes

All good my brother! I do have 3 untrained rooted cuttings flowering right now since Dec 20 th, and I know now unless I have 40 to 50 I probably wouldn’t get much without some form of training
They are messed up,I have them in tall one gallon square pots,I believe I gave them to much of a nutrient rich solution ,and lost almost all leaves,so now I have been giving straight phd tap water, they are just an experiment at this point, not sure if they will make it,I’ll get a pic in a bit,
Peace
I will be building an area for flowering males, very soon could be using it right now,I took my male gg4xzkittlez back out of the flower room,I am not ready to deal with that , with so much else going on, staying positive, upbeat,and trying to make sensible choices

3 Likes

Up potted the Blue Dream beauties today

Still veggin,hope they would throw some sign (m/f) to make it easier on me,but not a chance,these were done only as a germ test gone phenomenal!,I’m planning to take cuts then throw into flower room ,I’m pretty sure I will have a male or two out of 6 BD starts

9 Likes

Thank you for your time! You are so amazing! appreciate your help, there’s a few of you today thank you as well

3 Likes

Male on the left female in middle and on right… I’ll throw money on it… I’m good lol

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m thinking,I wasn’t going to even up pot the ‘tall drink of water’ hehe(tall one),but I thought if I don’t…hehe peace and love all!

4 Likes

Decided today is her day!
Really need to get the cure going ! Yeah!
Serious and intense lemon pledge chemical smell!
As soon as I started pulling fan leaves

I really need to get some beans going,still have clones of original male , unbelievable terps,I’m more anxious than ever to see how she burns, planning for a month after she dries and gets put into a glass jar! Peace hope you enjoy

PS
I know it may seem pretty small, but it’s an amazing feeling to be on the road to providing for myself, already looking far better than the stuff I can buy! I am so grateful to be part of this community,so grateful for your patience and understanding

13 Likes

Next up for the medicine cabinet,I chopped her sis a few days ago and thought I was a little early so I think this one can wait , cloudy with only a hint of amber,ha, I forgot to get a dry weight on her sister, the two phenos were almost identical,smell , morphology vigor! Smell that is insanely addictive,
All three of the seeds of this cultivar that I have ran have this intense juicy fruit gum odor,have beans of the first one, with my sweet Jack bb Papa
Peace

9 Likes

wahoo! :smile:

…reminds me of what I said way back when…you’re doing a lot with a little. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i know that smell. hmm… :thinking:

:v:

4 Likes

Yes my brother! I did spring for a brand new bulb (400 wt) halide hehe, probably the best $50 I’ve spent so far,haha I am so very grateful! And refused to give up !!! Not willing to let fear or common sense hold me back! Hehe good morning all!

6 Likes

She’s a girl!

Definitely a girl, this is the first one in, and the first one to show,she gg4xzkittlez #3

6 Likes

Gg4xzkittlez#4

I put one clone of this one,about two days ago,so be a little while on this one, praying for a female, hehe,I do have 2 confirmed females,so I’m so happy with what I have so far

7 Likes

It’s a Boy gg4xzkittlez#5,(GZ5)

Not totally sure,but the clone is seriously looking like a male , absolute beauty,gotta use for breeding and his brother (GZ1)is a stunner as well,
peace

7 Likes

Did I miss something? Did you buy those clones? Why are they mystery sex? I thought if you cloned a female then they are female etc…

5 Likes

Unless you clone a herm prone strain in which case the wind blowing wrong in a cutting will cause it to go stupid

5 Likes

Yes,from seed,I got 2 previous from the the first 5pack and 3 that I’m sexing at this point,but awesome on the heads up, @toastyjakes ,! These beans make me nervous,but the potential rewards, well I’m hoping will sooth that hehe, peace and love yeah!
Started two separate 5 packs gg4xzkittlez world’s strongest strains, regular beans

4 Likes

Because that’s all the rage these days! :laughing: :joy:

5 Likes