Good evening all. I re-potted my Durban females 2 days ago. I had left them in the 6" pots for the first 9 days of Flowering hold back the size until they started to actually flower. In the short span, 74, the shorter indica structure plant, has grown 2 inches while 75, the tall sativa structured plant has grown 3.25 inches.
Here are some pictures of the day I re-potted them.
This is number 74 before changing pots.
She has a very healthy root structure.
And here is #75
Along with her root structure
Now it has been only 2 days and look how happy they are.
Don't they look like different families? Hard to imagine they are the same genes. They look very different than my 2 original plants. 74 still grows very wide leaves at the top of the plant, 75's leaves on top are thin, more sativa looking.
Reminds me of a litter of kittens my cat had when I was in my late 20s. Five kittens and every one looked like it had a different father.
As promised, here is photographic proof my autos survived re-potting:
I read that other thread and let myself get panicked. The re-potting went the way all my transplants go since using HydroGuard. They were a little more difficult to handle than a normal transplant, because the root structure was still very small, extending to the bottom good, but not reaching the sides of the little pots yet. Their coco cascaded around my hand as I was putting them in the larger pots. But, I never touch the roots on any plant with my bare hands, I hold the stalk between the thumb and forefinger just about the surface, so no damage happened during the move.
I will not be so leery of re-potting autos in the future, however, starting them in their ending pot is no big thing either. These are very cute little plants! I have the male in the foreground in this picture. It is impossible to miss it being male now. It is twice as tall as its next tallest sibling.
I am putting 4 weeks between each grow of seeds and I just started my purchased Sweet Tooth #4. I will be starting the Headband seeds in 3 weeks. @Jellypowered gave me more than a dozen of Headband seeds he had gotten from @Scissor-Hanz. I asked @Scissor-Hanz, for characteristics of growing and smoking to put the info in my database. He told me they were stored at room temps with no desiccant and they will be very difficult to germinate. So much so, that he sent me a lot more of them. I didn't count, but I'll bet is was about a million. Or at least, about 100 or so. I should have no problem getting a few plants from all those. I am looking forward to finding out why these are his favorite. It sounds from his description that it will surely be one of mine as well.
I ordered a bunch of small containers and a pound of color changing blue silica gel beads that arrived yesterday. I promptly moved my seeds into little air tight paint pots with at least 1 bead for every 2 seeds. And closer to 1:1 with the Headband seeds to avoid losing anymore of their viability.
The other small containers I received are in anticipation of sharing seeds in the near future. They will survive mailing quite well.