Growing Trees with Meesh 2021

For the epsom salt u just get the regular unscented kind right? Think I might need to add some they are doing better since transplant just going real slow rn got some bat quano the other day too

That flower is mesmerizing just beautiful, I’m sure ull get it sending positive vibes ur way

3 Likes

@SamwellBB Right?! They are tropical shade plants. I don’t have a lot of luck with bare root plantings. Fingers crossed this one takes!

@Budafly yep. Regular epsoms. Cheaper at the drugstore than the same exact ones they package for plants at the garden center then mark up 4 times. lol I’ve thrown a few handfuls at my roses but usually foliar as needed

3 Likes

Sunshine Daydream can’t tell if she’s super stinky or it’s just the Orange Goji sitting near her. Lol. Anyway, she’s hitting the first layer of trellis now. If I recall it’s 30 inches and the second layer is 4 ft.

The bushy Kashmir

And some Poblano Peppers. Stoked!

I used Down to earth all purpose on the peppers. 4-3-2 I believe. It seems to really like it. So far I’ve had really nice results with everyone of their products so far. I epsom foliared this plant too, just for the hell of it.

15 Likes

Abbalooby! Brilliant and well said. I knew you were smarter than the average bear.

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

4 Likes

Got it thanks you per usual :blush:, had to stop by my local grow store earlier to grab some other stuff we needed so just got it there, we finally found one that is helpful we love going there lol always leave with more then we wanted

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see the orange goji in full bloom better break out the chain saw sharpen the blade your gonna need it !

5 Likes

I just checked back on last years grow log. The last of the plants went in the ground around now, but quite a few showed really early and I had more fems. The spectral Tangerine that I container grew was the last to show, somewhere in July. Looks like most of the plants last year were bigger already at this time. I am getting a slight light reduction due to the net, but .seem to pretty much be on track. When I looked forward into July, they all seemed to catch up to each other though. Except the Cheese, that plant was a monster from the get go.

This year my monster seems to be the Garlic. I’m guessing she will end up the biggest. With the PWC giving her a run for her money.

10 Likes

Crap! Just went to get something out of the fridge and remembered the lady bugs. Forgot all about them last night. Would it matter if I just set the container in there now and just let them fly? It’s not like they can fly away. I think the night release is really for that reason as they don’t fly at night, so they will stick around and feed.

I’m going out with the Man tonight, so I doubt I’ll remember when I return.

9 Likes

Yeah, I think you’re right about the reason for nighttime release. They should be fine

6 Likes

Yeah just let em loose they will be fine, is it just bugs or larvae too?

4 Likes

All of it. I opened the whole container and let them just do. What they wanted. Some walked around in the grass, some went straight into the plants and some flew straight to the ceiling of the net. Curious to see them tmw.

5 Likes

Went to a party tonight. I’m not a party goer, but had a blast. 3 drinks, boy is that crazy rare. Luckily the man was driving. Not sure he was thrilled with party Meesh as he has been alcohol sober for many years but, whatever. I had a good time. lol

13 Likes

So all the plants are growing a good 2 inches a day now. The SSDD was touching the first trellis layer yesterday, this morning she is about 2 inches through it.

11 Likes

Growth sounds NICE !

1 Like

PWC just looking extra spectacular today. She’s through the first trellis layer. I feel like I couldn’t even capture her like I see her right now in this pic

The bushy Iced Cube girl still in her pot. Still waiting for the other to show

Some lily trees

Trumpet lilies, really resemble the lily trees. Wonder if the lily trees are hybrids of the trumpets? Maybe how they get them so big.

Maybe the rest will show their sex by the time I return from vacation

20 Likes

Hey, it’s my Overgrow anniversary. Not sure if it’s the 3rd or 4th year.

12 Likes

Happy anniversary and beautiful lilys.
PWC and IC doing great!

Noticed your tumbling composter in the background. you have a thermometer in there ever?
I imagine you can hit some pretty serious temps in the summer down there.

5 Likes

No thermostat and my dumb ass always forgets to turn the damn things. I’m in a constant state of half compost. It gets high 80s in the dead of summer and early fall here. Anything higher than that is rare and short lived

4 Likes

I’m guilty of forgetting to tumble mine as often as I should too.mine has insulation inside so even if I don’t keep up it seems to stay pretty active all spring/summer/fall.
Ive only successfully kept it active the first winter I had it 9+ years ago. Darn hard in -30C

3 Likes

The container plants desperately need to be pruned. I’m super aggressive though and didn’t want to chop anything off that may want to show me their sexy bits. The PWC is getting pretty dense inside as well. I’ll get in there and give her a good pruning when I return. Need to make sure that air really flows through them.

I tell ya, it’s starting, once I start pruning them now, they are gonna explode. Especially at this grow rate. I swear that cheese last year would double every week after I pruned her.

8 Likes