Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

And how long in that pan/rack before going into jars? Or do you do your whole dry/cure in jars?

2 Likes

Hah I just made a filter box myself, what are the chancesā€¦ also threw a dehu inside it:

Also, package received, thanks:

14 Likes

Morning everyone! Guess I got a bit confused. Do you hang them or clip them on clotheslines? Thanks.

1 Like

Nice work!!

2 Likes

Guess i used a specific term which probably isnā€™t in most peoples vocabulary that being to ā€œBuckā€ typically used in NorthAmerica or at least up here to denote that your delimbing a felled tree whether by axe or chainsaw.

So just was saying i was breaking off the smaller buds from a big one by clipping out the sections, as for drying i dry on those racks typically till their ready to go in jars which is at that dry but still slightly flexible range then boveida packs and air exchanging the jars brings them into long term cure range.

14 Likes

Never heard that, I have Bucked many a tree here :green_heart: :seedling:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

They even have a special saw for that called a bucksaw.

5 Likes

Should of also added it also implys cutting up the log aswell into firewood size lengths, may just be i grew up in a forestry town so common vernacular for me.

6 Likes

I had not heard the term until reading here. Just wanted to show off my OG cannabis vocabulary! I did not know that it was originally a forestry term, even more opportunities to use it now!
You sir are an bottomless well of knowledge!

2 Likes

it was that ā€œbuckā€ word which triggered me to ask you a bit more lol! Did get the gist though, thanks!!!

Morning! Afternoon everyone!

Ponderingā€¦ would not be missing out on subtle elements when one knows he/she will be smoking? Heard or read about leaving buds in stems all the way throughā€¦ Thanks!! Curiosity is one of thousands (of my) names lol!

2 Likes

Anyways saturday update.

A whole lot of not much, Trizzler has been spread out and is working at ripening and finishing seeds.

Some more sunflowers though no idea on the type and backups as we had an incident with the smaller of the other two sunflowers when transporting over to the inlaws gardenā€¦ it fell off the roof of my car breaking just the apex shoot off, still growing and will do side flowers now, though we planted a couple sunflowers from a sprouting mix just encase.

Also been pre planning a third cab build/upgrade and im kinda just bouncing ideas at the moment where i havenā€™t settled on what im doing.

Original thought was just a third exactly as the other two with air being pulled from the bottom two going into the top third utilizing the same filter and fan at the top in another filter box and the whole reason for the upgrade was to have a better filter for the third space.

Though thought about going taller one for added height and to have the filter within that chamber, issue is the filter takes up the height i would of added, and i dont want to go taller with an added filter box on top of it, also considered wider as well and was going that route though it just will look odd and cuts out general closet storage space.

Anyways kinda leads me back to the original idea, and as a side point my T6 fan is over kill for me and always has been which ive been kicking myself for way over building in that regard, a T4 would of been better though not much difference in size and smaller cheaper filters, now if i could some how reduce the overall length of my filter and fan combo it would open up a few options, so been thinking whether i could get away with say a AC infinity Axial fan with the 3 speed controller for ventilation duties, or a couple of stacked Noctura pc fans running on a PWM controller for fan speed control, as both those style fans dont have much static pressure comparably.

Like totally doable its just im trying to factor in very low noise aswellā€¦ anyways have a 140mm noctura fan i had kicking around currently doing ventilation duties for my cabs as a test todayā€¦ Likely iā€™ll still use my t6 in the end

18 Likes

And as for Seed Saturdays, again more Cinderevils up for offer.

Though im gonna change up a few requirements to what i use to ask for previous to these weekly seed give a ways.

All i ask for is that for anyone who is interested in a roll off for these seeds and future seeds unless otherwise noted, is One you must have a profile Avatar which is damn easy to do and just shows your willing to throw a tiny 10 sec effort into your own profile, and Two must have a grow log whether ongoing or past now i understand some donā€™t post due to security reason which is fair , a grow log just shows your willing to be apart of this community and willing to share what your doing with the other awesome members around here.

So saying that Comment below your interested if you want to be put in a roll off for some Cinderevils seeds even if you already have some feel free to drop a comment below as normally i would disclude people who just got some in a week or two before in any rolls, though not today :wink:

19 Likes

Hey man, Iā€™m sure you already thought about this, but just in case you havenā€™t, if you pull air from the other two cabs into the third one, it could be a lil hotter than what you are maybe used to. This might be annoying or maybe it could be a good thing if you find some strain that likes it hotter?

Anyway, not trying to enter as I just got some seeds from you and have a tad too many to run at the moment. Been meaning to put an Avatar on forever now, I even have one ready to go lol

1 Like

Good day Mr Sparkle - please throw my evil hat in the ring.

Please and thank you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not in this time but thought I better get compliant for later giveaways .

5 Likes

Cinderdevil ftw. Enter me gently.

Iā€™m doing all fems this fall.

3 Likes

Ummmm, does an outdoor grow count? Lol, I never did get a first journal badge for mine :thinking: maybe I posted it in the wrong category? :joy:

1 Like

yup, thought was i can just shift things around depending on temps and what stage there at growth wise.

@ShiskaberrySavior wooo

@Oldtimerunderground indeed outdoor journals count

3 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

Iā€™d like a shot at these, thanks!

6" fan with an adapter at low speed is quieter, more flexible and may last longer than smaller fans(s) imo, if you have the space.

2 Likes