Guava Hashplant x C99

Yeah me too… I wonder-- @paintedfire420 did you ever check the RH during lights-out, right before lights-on, when it’s probably highest?

Humidity was my first thought too. Wait, no – HASH PLANT was my first thought! :joy: :thumbsup: raining trichomes

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

doc is the one i have in the 16oz cup challenge. i have 4 of them. they seem to be doing pretty good for the time being. there is a lot of stretch. i’ll keep an eye out for bud rot though. thanks!

4 Likes

yeah my rh meter has a min/max reading and the highest it got was 46% so idk. But it’s really old I’m starting to wonder if I should get a new one.

6 Likes

Ah man I hate when that happens. I’ve seen my share of that recently. Been growing the Afghani quite a bit and the density of the flowers is too much.

I’ve found that if you need to clip a fan leaf, you gotta go all the way down to the main stem, or it molds. Then when I dry, I have to cut everything off the main colas so it doesn’t hold water for too long. My suspicion is that it also might also be related to too much light intensity in late flower.

I live in an arid climate too. Still happens relatively often with really dense buds.

11 Likes

Yeah I was saying the same thing on Painted fires other thread. I think with big buds you have to find a happy medium between low and high humidity.

To low a humidity makes the plants expirate more, causing a moisture trap around the leaf in the bud, but high humidy causes moisture problems closure to the outside of the bud where moisture can collect.

Dropping temps and a balanced RH should reduce expiration and the humidities ability to affect the outside of the bud.

You need a VPN chart to see what RH is good for your minimum temps to dial it all in before the buds get to big and can be affected.

5 Likes

I’m visualizing them “sweating” maximally right before lights out & then the room cools but the plants are still warm for a while.

Last year I got some budrot in bigger denser buds outdoor & chalked it up to that same humidity/night transition.

(as opposed to blaming myself & spraying too much) :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Alrighty, I’ve got 8 for 8 seeds sprouted and growing on the GHPxC99#1. Which one is the keeper, @paintedfire420? :wink:

11 Likes

Far left!!

The clones I took of my 7 have been in flower for a few days now so I should know what’s what very soon. Then I’ll kill the clones off and bud out the mature moms that are female. Really excited to let these loose!

8 Likes

All of them …

4 Likes

5 look identical I’d say the 2 most different out of the works !

3 Likes

BINGO. I always top in veg, so I just save all the tops for early sexing. Might just hold onto them longer this round.

The 3 small ones in the back barely had a taproot coming out the shell, and I just slammed them in hot FFOF soil because of laziness. Be assured, there is no lack of strength in these little sprouts!

4 Likes

Damn @paintedfire420, that stuff looks fire!
Id be interested in trying something out for next years outdoor if u have anything kicking around then fitting the category?
Im on a farm in Ontario and have lots of nice access outdoors. Everything here looking good so far this year. Im running some of LeftHands gear and 50states gear as well.
I would need something short flowering. Around the 8 week mark if possible.
Ill look for ya in the winter and see whats up.

3 Likes

Very interesting cross right here, I grew c99 for years and the buds in your pics look so familiar. C99 was my all time favorite strain when quality and quantity were two desirable traits neither was compromised

3 Likes

Haha hmmmmmmmm. I’ll have to check my crystal ball.

I’m seeing something. Hmmmmmm… Middle right…

Oh wait… I’m seeing something more. It… it’s… a male! Looks like you’re going to have to make seeds with it :smiley: :laughing:

11 Likes

I don’t have anything that is quite that fast sorry dude. You could maybe take these guava hashplant x c99 at 8 weeks but I feel like 9 weeks would be better.

Cheers yo hit me up anytime. I only have like maybe 60-80 left so get it while it’s hot!

3 Likes

I will take 40 please…

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Only jacking with ya, I’m covered up in seeds about now.

1 Like

:laughing: I know bro but also if you had intention of popping 40 right away I would totally send em.

4 Likes

Awesone cross. Looks delicious

1 Like

Cool…I would but full up right now. Some are not making the cut so soon I will do a big run of yours. REALLY liking the BNK outside…

1 Like