Habitt's little 2x2 grow 2023 Mephisto Double Grape

Day 35

11 Likes

Good luck with the double grape @Habitt
I’ve heard only good things abt Mephisto genetics…

2 Likes

I’m definitely following this… I’ve never grown an auto and also never seen the “Double Grape” but it sure sounds good. Good luck on your grow.

2 Likes

Personally I’ve never run autos but I always like to see what people can do with them.

Good luck and I’ll pop in from time to time as well.

Happy growing! @Habitt

2 Likes

Day 42
The last week and a half has been rough. The tent has been getting into the 90’s temp wise and its starting to show. I have been keeping the tent open with a fan blowing directly into the tent and that seems to keep the temps in the mid 80’s but its still a bit too hot. She’s definitely stunted to heck and back.

I switched to pre-bloom feedings at 550ppm

8 Likes

Day 49
Temps are still in the upper 80’s lower 90’s and its taking its toll. Well this was an experiment to see if the closet was suitable to growing and it is not. I’ll need to find another spot to move the tent too.
Feeding 650PPM 6.0 Ph 45-50% RH

Starting to smell floral with a fruity undertone.

3 Likes

So ive been reading about ways to mitigate the temps and ive learned about vpd and using higher humidity to keep the plant happy. So I’ve raised my rh to 60% to cover the high Temps. Hopefully there won’t be any mold problems. I have both fans on full speed so it’s as good as it gets.

3 Likes

Day 56

I’ve been upping the floramicro for the past few weeks to deal with what looks like an N deficiency and it looks like its finally starting to bounce back. I’ve been keeping the rh at a certain level to make sure the VPD is between 1.2 and 1.6 k/Pa and she’s not drooping like she was. Just wish I knew about VPD a little earlier as this seems to be working. Feeding at 800PPM at week 8 and shes seems happy enough. Just wish she would put on more bud mass.

7 Likes

Day 63

I have been using the General Hydroponics nute schedule since the beginning and have been getting results but not the ones I was hoping for. I have therefore switched to @ifish ratio that they have used successfully, but using GH base 3.

I have mixed up a 1-3-5 ratio mix and hope she will ripen better than she has.

I plan to take her to 84 or more days.

9 Likes

I see temps are an issue. Perhaps you can open the front flaps of the tent during the day.

Fight the humidity spike with a dehumidifier in the lung room, when you close the tent at night. If it is dark enough in the lung I just leave the tent open all night and the Dehuey close to the tent.

2 Likes

One of the goals of this test grow was to see if it could be done in stealth. So if you were to go near it you wouldn’t know it was there. Keeping the flap open kind of messes that up. I’ve started keeping up with VPD to keep her happy even with the high temps and that seems to be working. When this grow is done I’ll be moving the tent to a more environmentally friendly area.

3 Likes

To help you push harder
To raise k and lower n and p further if added to your base feed

1 Like

Its pretty cheap so I might as well give it a try, looks pretty straight forward to work into the ratio at 0-0-50.

1 Like

Plus some added sulphur is nice
: )

1 Like

I actually have some sulfur but I don’t know how well it will work with an octopuppy. It looks like small chips of sulfur, not quite a powder.

1 Like

There’s sulphur in the sop : )
So no need to add chips

1 Like

Did the defol stunt your auto ?

I’ve never done auto was just curious

Are you eu ?

1 Like

It was a combination of things; heat, ventilation, humidity, defol. Had to do a heavy defoliation due to the higher than normal humidity to avoid any mold problems. Im in the states.

2 Likes

She’s getting frosty.

12 Likes

Day 70

What do you think? I think she’s telling me she’s just about done. Im going to cut off nutes and start her on distilled water for a week or two. I’ll keep an eye on the color of the trichomes. Were in the home stretch!

12 Likes