HaRdRoC's BrEeDiNg TeNt

These were the hottest on the market when they first came out. Everyone was still learning about PAR and LEDs were misunderstood regarding their actual power output.

Amazon website
The P450 effectively replaces a conventional 600w HPS grow light while only consuming 255 watts of actual power, while giving your plants 100% USABLE light that is perfectly tuned to create maximum photosynthetic response.
The secret to the PlatinumLED success is combining an optimal blend of 12 different bands of complete light spectrum all the way from the depths of UV to the upper IR - giving your plants EXACTLY the finely tuned spectrum that they need. Further intensified by integrated 90 degree secondary focusing lenses that penetrate deep within the canopy, our higher-output, cooler running, more efficient 3W LEDs simply blow away the competition.

So itā€™s really a 255w led with 12 bandsā€¦ check out the Maxsisun and Viparspecta LEDs. They have some comparable numbers/features for under $100. Donā€™t misunderstandā€¦ these are great lights! If I won the lotto Iā€™d buy some, but until thenā€¦ Iā€™ll have to make-do with my cheap Maxsisun LEDs and my old HID lamps.

6 Likes

Click the green P450, and it showes you everything silly

1 Like

I also have the 900 at my other setup

2 Likes

I wish I had extra money for nice lightsā€¦ :cry:

1 Like

Ya ok, right
No goā€¦

2 Likes

Gonna give my Jackā€™s to my partner, and I think Iā€™m gonna try Botanicareā€™s KIND base, grow and bloom.

Anyone use this stuff?

3 Likes

@Ifish so the base and the grow make 3 1 2 which is what you want correct?
With the bloom and the base, I can add just a little base or none at all for flower.

1 Like

@HaRdRoC the plants need a little bit of n,p and k for general internal maintainence etc
50/50 and low ppm base and grow , 3/1/2 is fine for veg as it is slightly pushing n which is good , when in stretch mode I would slightly increase the base maybe so as slightly more n is available but I would be reading the colour of the plant more and take it from there ie how green ( if too much , like dark dark green , then lay of the base abit and if Burt tips or clawing is showing etc reduce overal ppm ,

when budding starts say day 14 of 12/12 Start on 50/50 base and bloom and increase bloom throughout flower keeping the original amount of base used slightly going down through out unless fading too early or a calcium def shows then raise base slightly , then week 8/9 say start taper of ppm and slightly reduce % of base in mix even more nearer the end too , to induce fade

But this is just a quick shoot the breeze type chat as I have not read into those products etc
I would do this as a general guide , but you still have to read the plants etc

Sounds like you get the idea : )
After each grow you will get a feel for it , ie what ppm and how much to mix of base and bloom to get the desired ratio wanted so you can push harder the ratios and when to do it etc and stay in safe limits without def etc ie fading too early
The most common and only defs likely to see or look out for will be p in veg and n in mid flower

Does this make sense , itā€™s late hear , I hope I worded that ok ?
: )

3 Likes

If you are in veg a long time ie 5 plus weeks you may want to give the plants a one hit of bloom incase they are running low on p maybe as a precaution as that grow and base mix is low on p : )
The only thing I would worry about is playing with the base nute in veg and flower you are increasing and then decreasing the n but this is also affecting calcium too , something to look out for throughout the grow : )
I have 6 different products I use from different manufacturers , I have them as I like the ratios , it does not matter that they are not from the same manufacturer
Ratio types
2/1/1
1/2/2
0/1/1 ( pk 13/14 )
1/2/6
And for mums 1/1/1
And a 1/5/1 to feed mums a week before taking cuts so cuts are preloaded with p to aid faster rooting

Hope this helps : )

7 Likes

Iā€™m doing 12 n 12 from seed as well.
Thanks for all the great info, appreciate it.

2 Likes

Whew, came home from work today, and my place was HUMMING, good god!!! Thereā€™s only 2 small plants and a baby solo cup, and the smell is overpowering my carbon filter AND 2, 1 gallon jugs of ONAā€¦ not goodā€¦ they are only 4 weeksā€¦

4 Likes

Little lady just came in the door and said it was the 1st thing she could smell, getting off the elevatorā€¦
Weā€™re in the corner unit an the elevator is exactly halfway down the hallā€¦ this IS NOT good peepsā€¦
I really hope I donā€™t have to tear it downā€¦

4 Likes

Damn dude. If i was you I would immediately start cooking something very stinky to help out with the smell while you get it under control. Fish is a good idea. Any seafood, really. But also things with lots of cabbage would be good. Got a sauerkraut recipe?

7 Likes

I just put a few bounce sheets over the exhaust fan blowing out and itā€™s helping a bit, but those wonā€™t last longā€¦ gonna have to figure something out quick

4 Likes

I cant believe your air scrubber is not doing better its not that old. Tweaking the heat down a bit would help my plants get stinkier as they get hotter.

5 Likes

I know, right?
The temp is at 80, turned the heat down and opened some windows

3 Likes

Would it hurt the plants if I put a Ona jug right in the tent?

3 Likes

Anything Italian, you might need to keep your Crock-Pot cooking.
Thatā€™d be rough to handle, the Italian food. Lol

3 Likes

Whatā€™s an ONA jug?..

3 Likes

4 Likes