HaRdRoC's BrEeDiNg TeNt

Burn some scented candles

3 Likes

If it just neutralizes and not adds any smell, then I would leave it in with the top off :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Youā€™d almost think we were still living under prohibition up hereā€¦

3 Likes

I am lol, not allowed to grow where Iā€™m atā€¦

4 Likes

The struggle.

Ya know, I used to joke in the OG Discord how some day I was going to get rich and buy an island and all the OG fam could live there and grow weed happily ever after.in a weed utopia.

Then when I found out about the Scotian contingent, I was like ā€œWell shit the dream is still alive, Nova Scotia is almost an island and we legal now!ā€

But then I read your post, and my heart bled a little to think someone here is still dealing with the BS and canā€™t enjoy the same freedom as I do.

Maybe weā€™ll buy Oak Island once they inevitably destroy itā€¦

8 Likes

Lol thanks man,
Yea let them destroy it, the weā€™ll find the treasure, digging holes for the plants :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Can you turn the fan down or slightly block outward airflow so you run less air through the carbon filter, maybe there isnā€™t enough contact time to scrub the odour effectively.

6 Likes

Somethings happening my can filter is older than dirt and no smells even with the stinkiest plants ! Check that your filter hasnā€™t compacted the charcoal you could roll it and tap it on the floor ,see if that helps.

5 Likes

Maybe the ducting has a small tear etc from the last time you changed the filter or ducting getting old , wear and tear : )

1 Like

Sadly no, if I do that the temps will rise and get even stronger smells. Honestly if I knew how loud this strain was, I wouldnā€™t have grown her lol.
I am very blessed that there is only 2 and the other 5 were males, or Iā€™d for surely have to cut them down.

3 Likes

It shouldnā€™t be compacted, my RH is lucky to reach 35, but it donā€™t hurt to try, thanks man

1 Like

Itā€™s all brand hammer new stuff, but I will inspect for leaks

2 Likes

I reckon either you need a larger carbon filter or the one you have is faulty (has a gap that non-scrubbed air is going through).

1 Like

I believe I found the culprit, this 90 that I have hooked to it, has segments that swivel so itā€™s not air tight, so I put some masking tape on the segments and I could hear a difference in the fan, so I hope to hell this helps

16 Likes

I might in fact just get rid of the 90 altogether as I donā€™t really need it, but just had it on hand so I used it.

4 Likes

that should fix it :slight_smile: if the fan sounds like its working a tad harder then all the air should be going through the filter.

5 Likes

You should always have a roll of the foil sticky tape , the stuff for fixing around the insulation on heating pipes ( found at plumbers merchants ) as it works the best in warmer situations and will not gradually fail like other tapes will , good for sealing duct connections and fixing rips or tears in ducting , and all general grow room applications

7 Likes

I just ended up taking the 90 off and just using the ducting hose.
Canā€™t really tell if itā€™s working better or not, my whole place smells like garlic at the moment, as I got the crockpot fired up lol

12 Likes

I make Kimchee, so I have no idea if my scrubbers are ever working.

9 Likes

Bacon, it tastes great and covers the smell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, if that 90 was between the filter and the fan, it definitely isnā€™t helping.

5 Likes