HaRdRoC's BrEeDiNg TeNt

Yes it was hooked right to the filter and connected to the fan outside of the tent.
Hmmmm baconnnnnn…

2 Likes

Kimchee rules, but I could imagine the smell wouldn’t be very pleasant while fermenting lol

@HaRdRoC, Ona works pretty well. I would take some out of the jar into a bowl or something with more surface area and put it just past your outtake air. It’ll dry out pretty quickly. You can recharge the crystals (or any silica crystals I believe) by buying the Ona liquid and soaking them in it. Keep in mind it does reek with sort of a ‘just cleaned industrial bathroom’ sort of smell.

5 Likes

Yes I have one Ona jug just under the inline blowing out, and have another 1 by the door of the room.
I spray the one by the inline with water now and again. A little trick I learned from using it years ago.

4 Likes

Wish I had known that trick years ago. I used to use alot of it, and TONS of incense haha

2 Likes

I’m thinking taking the elbow out, just might have done the trick, temps went down 2 degrees since I swapped it out. The true test will be after a few hours the crockpot is done.
Fingers AND toes are crossed lol

8 Likes

Yes, if you don’t keep it moist it dries out and disintegrates pretty quickly, and is not cheap

Oh, and thanks a bunch for the help guys, I was REALLY dreading having to cut them down.
That would have broke my little heart lol.

For real thanks a million

5 Likes

Just for records sake, and I like looking back and comparing.
Oct. 5th, 1st day of 12n12 from rooted clone.

Nov 12 day 39

10 Likes

When you live in it, you don’t smell it. Definitely during the ambient temp phase of ferment, the smell can be intense.

Once it goes in the fridge, I don’t notice the smell until I have the jar out and I’m dropping kimchee on EVERYTHING.

It’s so easy to make and not exactly cheap to buy (unless you have an awesome asian market nearby).

4 Likes

Well I’m more than happy to say that yanking out that 90, did in fact fix the OG odor problem.

Hard to believe that little bit of air leaking from it, made such a difference.

I was really starting to get worried that if 2 are that strong smelling, I can forget about growing here anymore…

Soooooo glad it worked, cause I just ordered 2 deluxe packs of blumats, and I would have been out $400 and not even be able to use them…and that would really suck ass, as well as all the killer genetics I wouldn’t be able to run

13 Likes

sweet mate, it feels good when things go right.
happy growing

4 Likes

Thanks man, I would have been so bummed out, I LOVE growing so much, and just getting it back from not doing it for so long, and have it ripped away so quick… aw man, I can’t even tell ya the disappointment I would feel.

4 Likes

Glad to hear the smell problem is over. You almost had to whip out those hippie Incense sticks from back in the 90’s :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I am so old I was thinking back in the 60’s :wink:

6 Likes

Dude incence would not cover this smell…
I had to fill the crockpot with a pot roast with waaaaay more garlic than I like, but that did work till we figured it out

6 Likes

For record sake, 20 days since pollinated

5 Likes

It’s always nice when a problem like that is solved so easily. I would have tried literally everything else first, then finally figured it out lol

2 Likes

With my pollination and flip dates etc. I bookmark the posts for easy look-up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m just REALLY glad it was a quick and easy fix

2 Likes

you will save a bundle not buying Ona too

4 Likes

Yip, that’s for sure… I already put the cover back on 1 and put it away, gonna keep one out and going though, for when I open the tent to water, as it’s everyday now

3 Likes