HaRdRoC's BrEeDiNg TeNt

I know you are heading towards automatic watering but i bet you will still open the tent once a day :wink:

4 Likes

Hahaha, actually I got a window that can look through, so with (hopefully) 20 plants I will only poke around once a week to do a thorough check on them

3 Likes

Got my Blumats today, can’t wait for next round to use them!!

15 Likes

Also in the mail today… @ReikoX YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you ever so muchly

18 Likes

Nice, I was hoping theh would make it this week!

7 Likes

57 days from sprout, 35 of flower.

Number 2

Number 4

SLH

18 Likes

Well today I decided to open up the Blumats and check them out, glad I did… they sent me 2 of the regular boxes instead of the deluxe ones.
There’s no pipette, shut off valve, extra rez connector and shorted me on hose length and fittings. Lol

So thankfully they have a Facebook page and I hopped on there and let them know they made a mistake.
Buddy answered promptly, even though they aren’t open yet. That to me is a good sign.

Well, he already confirmed that they made a mistake and hooking me up with some extra fittings, and shipping out today.

11 Likes

If you need more fittings like res taps or extra tubing and drippers the grow op shop sells them cheaper than Amazon or eBay.

6 Likes

Yes, but they were supposed to come with the “deluxe” package

4 Likes

Yeah I know, but if you want to extend the amount of drippers per pot or set up more reservoirs you can get bits there.

I only used mine for a month, every time I bumped or moved a pot I had to re sett the carrots, or they will empty the whole res through one pot, which happened twice. Not got with a fresh 50 liter res of water all over the floor.

3 Likes

I can barely fit 1 in a 1 gal pot lol.
I don’t plan on moving the pots, and I will have 2 5 gal rez’s one for each string of 10 carrots

2 Likes

I forgot you have only have the tiny pots, I think you may have some fun and games trying to set them up in that small amount of soil per pot. Just make sure you get all the air out of the tops.

3 Likes

Lol yea, I did measure it out, I should be alright if I put them diagonally

If not, I’ll have to get 2 gal square pots, which aren’t much bigger and can still put almost 20 in there.

I’ll figure something out when the time comes

3 Likes

I’ve been using them in 2 gallon bags.

I’m downsizing to ~1 gallon for the next run. Results TBD.

Try to make sure the drip end isn’t too close to the edge of a pot, so the opposite side doesn’t dry out.

3 Likes

Day 64 from sprouting, day 42 of flower.

Number 2 seems like it will be the best yielding, but not much for trich production.

Number 4
A bit less of a yeild but trich production is AMAZING.

And last but not least, the SLH knocked up by 50 States Orange Goji.

Looks like I’ll get around a 100 seeds off this little girl. Most of the seed cases are split, but still green.

16 Likes

@Shadey @HaRdRoC

Where are you guys getting your Blumats?

I’ve been trying for months to source them in Canada at a price that’s not outrageous. Sustainable Village would be like $100 just for the 5 pack to ship to me.

2 Likes

6-pack on amazon.ca for $60 CAD.

2 Likes

The Grow off shop on Akerly, Burnside, sells the kits I paid $110 for a deluxe 12 set . Would you like to buy mine? Extra drippers and tubing, I will throw in the 40 liter res as well.

I am going to New Glasgow hospital on December the 13th for a MRI on my neck and shoulder @ 2pm, I could come visit you :flushed:

4 Likes

Sounds like you aren’t happy with it (?)

I’d love to hear what you think of it.

2 Likes

@cogitech Those are the classic (juniors) they dont have the dripper piece like the Tropf do. That kit you linked would be like $20 or less in the US. The Amazon prices for the Tropf kits are stupid expensive.

@Shadey maybe hit you up after Christmas as money is tight right now! Glad it’s just an MRI you’re having done here as I dont trust them with much else.

3 Likes