Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

Yup you are right. My bad, my comments have lead things a bit off topic! More oldschool Blueberry seeds are getting into the hands of growers and that’s all that matters really.

Congrats on the poppage. I’m very intrigued by fast-photo breeding and semi-autos. Excited to see how those turn out for you.

On the Blueberry topic in my garden I have 3 Master Kush x JOTI Blueberry in veg right now. Looking a bit scrappy as they were neglected as seedlings but they are warming up to their new containers now.

To me Blueberry and Kush combine very well and it’s one of those classic combos where neither overpower the other, so I’m excited for these, especially since a different Kush x BB line was my most pure blueberry smelling plant so far

3 Likes

I am mainly curious how the effects of your Coastal Blueberry compared to the Blueberry strains released by other breeders. For me in the end it really is all about the effects.

7 Likes

@ChinookKing

I grew out some Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed Co. last season - popped two (2) beans, and was rewarded with two (2) female plants. As they progressed through the season, I was very impressed by their Aroma, Structure, and Looks - they looked absolutely beautiful, and had an amazing Fresh Blueberry Syrup, baked Blueberry Pie, Artificial Blueberry Preserves Aroma - very strong, very sweet.

As the season progressed, and came Harvest Time - the strains did hold up well to rain & the elements: they still held their Blueberry Aroma and Looks. …Once I took them down to trim, they were an absolute pain-in-the-ass trim profile. So I figure I’ll just work on the best buds for head stash…gave them a short cure of a couple weeks max.

Now comes time for the Smoke Report! …they had an Earthy, No Flavor taste (u can call it smooth or whatever, but the taste was not there). And the Effects: was like smoking “dumb” bud - no euphoria, but rather just a dumb feeling kind of smoke, forgetful, nothing special at all.

I just wanted to share my experience with the Blueberry Muffin Strain - because as we all know, it’s all about the effects. The plants lost the original, fresh Blueberry Aroma after a couple weeks cure. They were a pain to trim, and just didn’t produce any uplifting effects. This strain definitely didn’t make the cut - imo.

I only write my experience, because I’ve had the Peak Seeds Blueberry a couple season’s ago - they were longer flowering - Thai dominant (so they didn’t finish here in New England). And although the buds were premature, it produced a “happy, up high” effect. Taste was a little better too - but they were taken much to early to come to any conclusions about taste. The Aroma - while it wasn’t the “Artificial Blueberry Syrup, Muffin” like the BBM, it was “Fruity, Berry”. Overall looks were similar, but the Peak Seeds Blueberry definitely won the bud competition - the buds were much easier to trim and manicure - very nice looking buds.

I do have some Pure Blueberry (muffin edition) from J.O.T.I. going for this season.

Also, I picked up a bunch of Blueberry strains from other various breeders over the past year - planning to do a Blueberry Journal sometime in the near future. I picked up the Coastal Blueberry from @SHSC-1 at GLG - have heard great things about the strain from other growers. I also picked up some original DJ Short Blueberry-F2 repro. Plus a bunch of other Blueberry Genetics - I kind of went down a Blueberry “rabbit-hole” when I started hunting Blueberry Strains.

8 Likes

I never had any of the 80’s 90’s blueberry, but i did do some of DJ’s F5’s last year. Would never run outdoors again. Pretty high maintenance when it comes to nutrition. Prone to wind damage. Indoor plant for sure. 2 early frosts stopped the bulk dead in its tracks. They ended up finishing all berry, with one being slightly cheesy and gassy. One of the best body highs ive ever had, very mellow. No anxiety even when i go a little overboard. Would love to try a sativa leaning blueberry ive been hearing about

Also. Regarding katsu… He’s a hell of a good dude who interacts with growers on the regular. Stands behind his gear 100%. Im just another asshole on the internet but i hold him in very high regards. Not gonna hate on a breeder for trying to earn a living. Just my $.02

23 Likes

That looks super great! She filled in nice outdoors! Despite the troubles you mentioned.

Good to hear a positive review of the DJ F5. As a lot of what I hear about the newer DJ stuff is mixed.

And thanks for adding some positive Katsu comments to balance my somewhat snide remarks.

Interesting notes on the high. I love a good body high!

Were any of them Blueberry smelling or more like general fruit/berry?

2 Likes

They started as a general fruity but did finish berry. Well, all but the cheesy/gassy one. The berry was in there but was overpowered

4 Likes

28 daze later from 1st drop… staggered sprouts for a 6 outta 10 success rate. These cards were dealt. Imo, looken lucky… @Chara @Originalweedman Luv playing this deck…

8 Likes

Hell yeah , looking great brother. Mine are 14 days in and all are good . I have 4 that are really standing out… I ll give them 2 more weeks and then its time to sex them … I m so excited to see what we can get with these. I got 14 going .I wanted to start more but been crazy busy with moving and trying to stay on top of my grows in and outside… Yours look good . I I think I had 1 seed that died on me but all of them germinated. I m super impressed seeing these are old asf …

5 Likes

I love the dj early versions . Did u make any seeds ? Great looking buds man…

1 Like

Thanks dude. Wish i had. But if im gonna be honest those plants were damn near clones, which leads me to think its probably fairly consistent across packs. I dont know if it was the blueberry that everyone is looking for in this thread, but it was truly remarkable how similar they were. The first F5’s ive ever done and it kinda blew my mind. Other than the smell of that one they were all the same.

4 Likes

To be honest this is the first time I heard anything good about the F 5 s. The look great . One of your pictures has a resemblance to my 90s DJ Short BB , the underneath’s of the leaves have this crazy purple tint… The BB body high is legendary ,Im looking for that with the Euphoric and blissful kick…I can t wait to breed these f1s together and hunt for that unicorn.

4 Likes

May even find that unicorn this run, never give up faith… :pray:

1 Like

Think @Blue_Star_Seed_Co could get ya pretty close as well, What’s Josh Blue up too these days???

3 Likes

Nose to the grindstone brother. Mayberry is a direct shot at the lip smacking full flavor blueberry pie dessert wine. Some just call it blueberry, or blueberry muffin. But undeniable full flavor blueberry to the last toke.

Ill be dropping my new 4 Blue Stars line in a couple months or less when i get packaging together. I selected 4 Blue Star F2 mothers out of 150 plants and crossed them back to the pinnacle F1 mother individually. I have been working it for a few grows indoorsand outside. I’ve been thru around 180 and am regrowing around 10 or so females for keepers and forward breeding. 4 Blue Stars has dominant blueberry pie winners consistently.
Mothers used,
#82 GDK pheno most like the mother.
#99 High resin, quick finish bb hashplant, honey plum wine
#75 Death Star pheno (skunk/diesel)
#35 nl Blueberry kush pheno

Ive got a killer cut that I released as well. Full flavor blueberry pie dessert wine with a cherry kick to her.

I also made some Vanilluna regs plus outcrosses, and 98 F4 Blueberry fems plus outcrosses. Testing commences in a few months on those.

I just finished up testing and am doing regrows on keepers and growing outside these new blue star crosses to,
Zangria
Zkittles
Schrom
Sherbanger 22
London pound cake
Death Star

I need to sort pics but heres a couple shots i pulled up quickly of the #82 offspring and #35 offspring.

32 Likes

I have had a similar experience with the HSC Blueberry Muffin, despite the name, does not feel like a blueberry strain in terms of effects.

3 Likes

I’ve grown out a few Blueberry strains in my past 25 years.
Some were great, some were just the word Blueberry, but zero smells of it.
I’ve not searched for blueberry anything in years, it just does not grab me.
I recently, culled a pair of ESB’s from FDM, it’s OldTimer1’s original work. Nigerian Skunk x Blueberry.
As I’m preparing the buds, I cannot say, blueberry was the predominate scent.
However after the first week, of being sealed up in a mason jar, as I burped them, and poked my nose into the jar, blueberry scent was front and foremost!
A whiff of skunk and frangipani, can be detected also.
Very delicious!

9 Likes

@webeblzr

It’s usually a good sign when Aromas get stronger into the cure…and FDM is legit, and it shows in the strain you grew. I’ve had similar experiences with good genetics, and strains.

On the opposite - the Humboldt Seed Co. Blueberry Muffin, started out Strong & Nice Blueberry Aromas, only to lose most of it in cure…It’s just one of those strains, that has the name and the looks, and the company is selling millions of beans because of it. And it seems the majority of people who actually grow it out, have the same “lack luster” experience. …of course, even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while… so there are some exceptions.

3 Likes

I actually found some strong Blueberry smells in a BNC Critical XXL last run. I can’t stop smelling the grove bag

1 Like

Exactly what i found when flowering the clone i got of HSC BB Muffin. Smelled fantastic like artificial blueberry in flower, then no fruit smell at all after cure. The high was meh and yield was low. Very disapointing unfortunately.

5 Likes

I love blueberry. I’ve recently managed to score some Blue Dream seeds here in the southern hemisphere. I’d love to lay my hands on some feminised Blueberry Dutch Passion seeds here but they won’t send down under (cough - if some kind Pom wants to help out a fellow please get in touch) I noticed the DP description had changed a lot, I didn’t see any mention of DJ Short.

3 Likes