Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

Yes, I found blueberry from seed :point_down:

2 Likes

Very nice heard alot about the famous Fraser valley blueberry way back. Nice to see you’ve kept it going amongst all these new hybrids.

1 Like

got to know this you tuber from LA old school grower family years ago his Tata wanted to show his ladies off. in the process they began to dig up his vault yes dig up hidden in a chicken coup and a vid of them opening the vault long story short i have some from the box worked for years trying to get a few of those seeds. just to try germination on them, he did not want to send to Canada many years later Tata said yes he does not remember for sure how old the seeds are 90’s for sure as some of his grower friends got rolled up and he buried them you may get him and some flower but never his seeds. these seeds are a blueberry x sensi star come what may.

4 Likes

That reminds me of the REAL DEAL Blueberry we had 20 years ago.

1 Like

Yeah. We ran a couple of the F5’s indoors and they were decent, but nothing like the stuff of old. I think the magic happened when Dutch Passion got a hold of it in the 90’s. According to these forums DP lost the magic some years back. I’d love to re-connect with my old friend to find out exactly who they got the seeds from in Amsterdam back then.

1 Like

I actually did just this year, The DJ short blueberry f5s I bought has one lady thats very blueberry in early flower. We will see if it ends that way after cure but so far I’m really excited about it. I heard literally nothing good about them but I guess I got lucky. Also have a couple coastal blueberry from @SHSC-1 that are pretty blueberry smelling already.

3 Likes

Do you remember a 80/early 90s NYC blueberry clone and could you identify it? Its sold as the 'hype NY cut before diesel hit"

Honestly I never messed with blueberry myself but wouldn’t shy away from an oldie.

Gowing a Strayfox “Blueberry x Hells Angels OG” and getting a strong “Trainwreck” smell from it at week 3 or so of flower. I know there’s similar parental lineage with the Thai/Afghan I want to say and it is a cross but anyone experience that smell with blueberry early flower?

2 Likes

I’m sitting on some HSC Blueberry Muffin male crosses. . … Which one sounds better to you guys?

Fuji Apple Cookie (Fuji OG x Animal Cookie) x Blueberry Muffin aka “FAB MC”
GG4 (Dark Heart clone) x Blueberry Muffin
Vanilla Frosting (Dark Heart clone) x Blueberry Muffin

I keep forgetting about these. . …

2 Likes

Damn idk…the 2nd one…maybe the 1st one

1 Like

I grew a Blueberry from a fem seed, it was a freebie from Canuk Seeds.

It was amazing!

Every time I opened my tent I was hit with the exact smell of the inside of a Blueberry. As it’s cured its turned into almost a Blueberry liqueur.

Happily I kept a cutting and have a mother plant of her now :grin:

(in the back)

Growing her out, she was a fairly short girl that spread out nicely and stacked up really well.

The now-mom is branching every inch or so, and a very strong grower.

8 Likes

I just know the ones I had from 00-05 in the Midwest. I’d say it was more of a stretch Indica. The DJ Short F5 reminded me of it, but the blueberry taste and smell was a lot lighter. My DJ Short pheno leaned Sativa.

1 Like

That GG4 cross … is how I’d go

3 Likes

The Coastal Blueberry is Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant X Dr Atomic Blueberry Northern Lights… BX1 F3. I would like to do another back cross to the mother cut at some point but I am pretty happy with the current seed lot and have a few thousand beans of it on ice.
Out of the 11 in my greenhouse, 5 just ooze the fresh ripe squashed blueberry aromas on really sticky stem rubs… they are just turning to flower it looks like. I went away for 6 days and was blown away by the growth even though it was mostly cloudy and rainy here while i was gone.

9 Likes

That sounds like a nice mix of genetics there. Can’t go wrong with blueberry, nl, and hashplant together. Please share when they get going good

2 Likes

Jordan Of The Islands Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition). She’ll get the chop soon as I have an out of town trip coming up.

20 Likes

hmmm that looks great @BarefootAndBlazed
Jordan has good stuff too

1 Like

FEMALE: ???

MALE: ???

REMEMBER TRIPLE LEAF ??? After topping - Fired up 3 Shoots, but then back to a more normal leaf pattern

7 Likes

Ive heard from a few different people doing interviews, think DJ short even mentions it in an interview on the potcast, but Dutch passion got a cut originally from DJ short to bring it to the European market but there was some drama that arose between them.

2 Likes

Dutch Passion bought like $100,000 in seeds from DJ to start selling to the European market. They started off as a partnership with the agreement that they would work together. As long as Dutch Passion didn’t reproduce anything themselves. DJ was supposed to be the supplier and DP was the European distributor. At some point DJ figured out DP started producing their own seeds. Blueberry, Blue Velvet, and Flo were also sold from another company owned by Dutch Passion called Siddhartha seeds. The icing on the cake for DJ was when Dutch Passion started selling their own feminized Blueberry seeds at the highest price point of any other variety they sold.

10 Likes