Hash Making Revisited

Found the same thing. LOVED how quick clean up was with the bag, but yield sucked. Haven’t used it since.

3 Likes

Loved how my first fresh frozen turned out. Followed Joe’s process freeze drying also. But still plan on doing all the dry trim I have around. Figure if I am spoiled by the fresh frozen, have lots of friends that love hash!!

6 Likes

Love to see how you do it and just consider the ammount of green matter you need for such nice yelds.

About that yellow crumble has I mentioned earlyer, it is just grinder siff pressed on a hand press and that is it, made myselft a little from what I had and that was the result.

But now I need at least 1month to be back making my hash so…

I usually put all small twigs from the buds I smoke in a jar and when I harvest just dump those bits into the bubble bag with all the green stuff from buds manicure. If I have more than one plants geting ready I just freeze fresh trimmings in a zip bag until I have all the green stuff to work.

I still need to learn a lot, I don’t like to store hash in the freezer, need to ger it stored some other way, so next time I might try the hot bottle method and make me some hash balls.

2 Likes

I may try to put together a more fancy and complete “how-to” video like @JoeCrowe did. Video production is my career so maybe this will be a fun personal project

6 Likes

Might try out this bad boy I just wish the end was metal and not plastic. See how it compares to the egg beater…or maybe I’ll just shell out for a machine so I can not worry about burning out my cheap drill any further

4 Likes

I have one of those. Used it once and put it away. Not a fan. Pulverizes the plant material

2 Likes

The volatile organics will evaporate over time. I keep my kilos of whatever, in the freezer at all times. They say the best storage method is no oxygen sealed in mylar at -25C.

3 Likes

heh heh you could probaBly make a decent video, I have watched so many of them and they fill your head full of strange nonsense. It’s painful. You can use whatever attachment you want, but make sure it’s food grade. Don’t want something nasty in there.

2 Likes

By the way, my travel pipe is going to be here tomorrow I think! So That’s gonna be fun!

1 Like

So does the egg beater if you don’t have self control. I’m interested because it has no openings for the material to wrap around. Other than the main shaft.

2 Likes

The material shouldn’t have anything big enough to get caught in the beater. No leaves and no sticks!

11 Likes

Yeah it shouldn’t but I prepared like 15 grocery bags of material and fresh froze it a couple months ago before I knew exactly how it needed to be broken down…now I get to figure out how to make it work the way it is or I’ll have to pull out bags and sit there further processing frozen material that is thawing in my hands…and I’m not doing that

2 Likes

ahh some bullet biting… What I do in that case is I make the batch but I add extra time to cut through or rip apart the large bits. After a frustrating first mix, the second one has nothing left to get wound around it heh heh. When the ball of plant material is huge on the mixer, you just rip it apart. After several times of doing that, you will have destroyed everything that can get stuck.

2 Likes

Luckily at this point I’ve done a small test run on all the plants so not every bag will even be used. Some of them are traaaassshhh hashplants. The ones that’s are coming out great though maybe I will break it down further right from the freezer into the bucket…we’ll see how lazy I am

1 Like

Are you gonna start running them through the thunderdome?

2 Likes

So I’m starting this up! Dedicated to @ifish, always pushing the boundaries!
The three plates are for my three different trials. Fridge, freezer, and shelf. There’s another trial I was interested in and that was high temps, 60C style. Buuuut I know that’ll burn me turps! High temps are never your friend, as the volatile organics are just that. Volatile.
I’m going to be making one batch and then doing three things with it, because I have to have controls over the variables. If I make three batches from three different kinds, then we’re in the meaningless data zone. Too much noise!

13 Likes

Here we go , love it : )

Tagging a few buddies
@jetdro @Papalag @Snydgrow @George

6 Likes

Ok tagging in

1 Like

Is that a freeze dryer or a regular garage chest job? I have the latter and do not want to fork out on the former :joy:

3 Likes

Regular freezer! It was my own twist on the process that made it so you don’t need to fork out 5K for a freeze dryer. Make sure the hash is specially prepared for freeze drying though. It follows the same rules!

4 Likes