Hash Making Revisited

If you can get it, 95% (190 proof) ethanol is compatible with nylon. :+1:

6 Likes

From trash trim , I’ve gotten it that white though the Rigid and the machine but I wish I had known more about Joe’s freezer tech then .

5 Likes

ohh yah, you know vegetable oil might work as well. heh heh have to scrub it out afterwards though.

3 Likes

You dried that stuff on the shelf after? It looks good nice and fresh like that! yum!

4 Likes

Old tech lol

11 Likes

pizza boxes, classic!!!

5 Likes

It did work pretty good , it would be dry enough overnight to jar up next morning .
Throw in a couple of the “Do not eat” packs , seal the jar and the terps are still there a year after .

3 Likes

Here’s a scene…

oh no I’m running out of hash so I start making more ice. Then I start digging around in there and find…

freeze dried hash patties! I don’t even remember what kind it is… Probably PCK or some strange mixture!

4 Likes

The irony of you telling me about this @ReikoX, is that I got my sister to bring me 190 proof everclear from Alberta, in order to make tincture inspired by your thread!

Just haven’t got around to it yet!

11 Likes

You know what works well and won’t ruin your bags?

Try cleaning your bags off with vegetable oil and then clean off the oil and trichomes with dish soap. I’ve tried this a few times and it works well.

When you put oil on the screens and rub it around a bit,it lifts the trichomes off and absorbs them,then the soap does the rest.

9 Likes

I could only ever pick this up at the duty-free store I didn’t know it was available in Canada might have to find some friends in Alberta

4 Likes

The trimmers secret to getting resin off your hands too!

5 Likes

been doing Kief (dry ice) thinking about getting a bubble machine - any suggestions ? size of machine 5 gallon ? Guessing some were around $150,00 (+/-) for one ? Thanks

1 Like

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00NLWBWEM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

You will want to change the hose

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dk6T_S_7kQrc&ved=2ahUKEwiFi565_pz8AhXAHjQIHcQRDHYQwqsBegQIBxAF&usg=AOvVaw15XQJsYO_8V-P96Wr9m66Y

4 Likes

Coconut oil works well at cleaning up sticky hands might work well for cleaning the screens in your bubble bags too. Advantage to that you can safely eat it or cook something with it also.

3 Likes

Might I add to the coconut oil a spoon full of brown sugar to get a good scrub as well !

2 Likes

Yeah, any oil will do the trick since those compounds are fat soluble.

2 Likes

Got most of my BubbleBagDude machine modified except the inside hose clamp. I’ll have to get a slightly longer hose clamp for the inside drain.

Part of me really wants to make the shut off valve internal into a 90 into a threaded fitting. The hardest part would be the leaver extension. We are all our own worst critics.

Full port ball flange $7.10
Stainless clamps $1 each x 3
Brass male NPT hose barb 2.30 each x 2
3/4 vinylite hose 1.4 ft was 5.76

$23 upgrade. Just get the internal clamp one size larger.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing can’t wait to mod mine now : )

1 Like

Here’s a few mods that I’ve done to mine

Neoprene blankets, cheap from Amazon and just used a strip of self adhesive velcro to join the ends.
Ice lasts longer , doesn’t sweat as much in the humid months and I don’t hear the wife asking me “What’s that noise?” anymore .

In the pic above you also see the outlet hose mod and ballvalve .
I use elbows and short straight runs .

Another thing that I do is mod the machine itself .
I don’t use wash bags and cleaning these machines does take a bit of effort .

I have since cut open the whole front lip of my machines .
All I have to do now is walk to my compost pile and dump the machine , one more swoosh of water and voila , clean .

17 Likes