Hash Making Revisited

For sure. I have one of those nug smasher og.
I have to learn how to go easier with it. Like someone said above, if you apply too much pressure, the oil turns dark. It’s been a struggle trying to figure out how hard to press.

10 Likes

In addition, I use only 64C as the pressing temperature. You could try a lower temp.

5 Likes

1 used 180 degrees. I’ll try the 147.
How do I wash it? Just run water through it?

1 Like

wash the hash?

1 Like

Very interesting. I like what I have read so far. Have so many questions. But I need to learn more first.

2 Likes

Just asking. I read some where a guy was talking about rinsing it for color. I don’t know.

2 Likes

well for sure if it’s just chlorophyll, that’s water soluble and can be washed out. Small plant fibers aren’t water soluble though!

5 Likes

here’s some photos from the contest!

main area where I heard some talks. The best one was about extracting! There was an alright KNF talk as well, which drifted into lunatic areas at times.

there’s the film crew.

music stage. Phew ripped some concentrates, Alien OG.

5 Likes

lol I know my photography made it look like the place is completely empty. That's not true though I just made sure nobody was in the photos when I took em. Oh except on the music stage, I can see a girl there. I think there's a couple more days left! It's nutty so many people showed up... insane! As buddy said, "I remember when this was just some friends sitting around smoking weed!"
6 Likes

What is this about? A festival? Looks fun

1 Like

Yah this is the event I go to every year to have my concentrates judged! I posted all about it last year as well.

4 Likes

Yea I miss the smoking part. I love laughing.

1 Like

Your hash stuff? If so cool. I know this is off beat a little. I would go to this one every year. The fudge man had the best. No way. Sorry don’t know a lot about anyone here. I go bye what you say and post. I had a few budzzz here hook me up. I have that where I’m at. This is new to me. Grow rooms no. I have been in a few big one. For different things. From setting up to working. Been years ago with some stuff. I’m happy that your and others here have such a great life. @ReikoX and @lefthandseeds and some others. I know you like you know me. :joy:

1 Like

yah I submitted some freeze dried hash for the competition! The competition is important because it lets you really know where your concentrates stack up vs other peoples. Then you do the information exchange! It’s like a trade show. I told them “it’s all about the love, man!” and they’re like “yah you’re right it is!” lol! Ahh you know, this event is the most fun I had all year… talking shop! Not many places you can go for that. Extractor dude says “hey, they can read my SOP and think they can replace me, but I’m an artist, and they know that now.” It’s true, nothing replaces experience, especially when you are using a vacuum oven.

6 Likes

What I have read. You know your stuff. I have seen you around. Never seen your page until now. I’m not sure what to do about this. Hash like you make l have been around it. Seen it done in my ways. I can’t do it. Funny. I’m simple. I have enjoyed being here. I worry I out stayed my visit. Sometimes you got to go home.

1 Like

you never made a batch of hash out of frozen green buds?

No tell me how

1 Like

Looks sick! Enjoy yourself @JoeCrowe and try to remember some of it so you can share with us :joy:. Beautiful place to spend the weekend.

1 Like

cut the buds down into a zip lock bag and put it in the freezer. When it’s frozen, make bubble hash using some bags. The secret is it has to be fresh green buds.

5 Likes

The best part is, it’s just up the road from my house. Been swimming in that lake since I was a kid!

1 Like