Hash Making Revisited

Don’t mean to make this a general thread but figured I’d ask the experienced people, ya know? I’ve got a full gallon Ziploc bag full of my already squeezed bags I want to put in a crockpot with organic coconut oil so I can make stuff with the coconut oil once it’s infused.

What temp and how long should I let it cook in there at/for?

And something actually relevant to the thread…

13 Likes

I venture a guess minimum of 2 hrs at-a ratio of 2 oz of squished pucks to 2 cups of oil .

2 Likes

no idea about the coconut oil! I do it tincture style where I toss it in there for 3 min in the stainless bowl and use a cake mixer with the whisk on it. Are you making the live rosin yet? hah hah I’m a live rosin junkie now, and there’s so much talk about that being nonsense at the cup, the extractor says live really means “fresh”, as in no degradation of terpenes before processing. He’s right the nomenclature makes no fucking sense.

4 Likes

Kevin’s talk was pretty humorous. The four flavor groups of weed, it was like fuel, earth, fruit and floral. I said he forgot about dog shit. lol! I know he was focusing on commercially viable weed. And he called the industry the “meat grinder” then said california produced 10x more weed than they can sell, that’s lots of warehouses filled with weed!

1 Like

oh yah that was Kevin Jodrey some kind of famous dude or something.

2 Likes

haha ya hes a good "talker "
im sure he has some skills to back it up

2 Likes

hah hah oh yah I take those talks with many grains of salt. The best and most serious one was by Noel from Nectars cannabis extractors. That dude…he knows things. Amazing shit! He was the one that introduced me to diamonds and terp juice, with his custom puffco shit. I’ll remember that day till I die.

2 Likes

oh I forgot my Noel sound bytes! “If you see it muffin top in the oven, that means you’re pulling the vacuum too hard. That’s not good for making shatter.”
“The more you learn about vaping plant waxes and lipids, the less you will want to do it.”
I forgot a really good one! “Keep your product in bulk with a skin of terp juice over the solids, to prevent oxygen from reaching it.”

4 Likes

I really think a lot of it is common sense but we never think of it. we (humans) can’t think of everything. maybe we just need to be shown things in a different light like under a million times power microscope photo :rofl: Also if it smells like BS it probably is BS :grin:

:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

Holy motherfuckers! Slap a Gold medal on this bitch because I did it! The contest is over and I fucking pulled it off. Wow I got a congrats from everyone there on my gnarly ass hash. They said it was like rosin itself, all gooey and melted into a sticky blob. He said “it brings me great joy to announce this winner because he’s just a man, not backed by millions of dollars or a large corporation, Matty!” I was like WTF! Jump up and do my spiel woot woot! I trashed those legal producers and high tech motherfuckers :wink: Becoming…a high tech motherfucker myself.

35 Likes

WOO HOO congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Right on glad you kicked ass and won.

3 Likes

I’ll appear on the web site soon, and it should also have a photo so everyone can see what I entered in the contest. I had a photo of it before, but it looks radically different after… a bit at room temps.

7 Likes

I talked so much shop! and with so many other experts! It was soooo fucking fun! I’m like teaching people as old as my dad how to smash rosin out of freeze dried hash. So many different age groups there! 19-50 and so many are hardcore motherfuckers. Micro cultivators, legal producers and extractors! I was like a kid in candy land… hey can I sniff that? Hey can I dab this? Want to try a dab of mine? OMG hey have you met Gary yet? He’s a brilliant extractor! All the people I met… amazing!

13 Likes

Sounds like it was a good time and meeting others to network with a bonus. Plus the gold metal with all the competition is nothing to sneeze at shows you know how to make quality hash.

3 Likes

Congrats on the win!

2 Likes

Lurker letting oneself be known. Congratulations on the win!!!

2 Likes

Hard work pays off brother. Been a pleasure to watch you perfect your craft. Congrats!

3 Likes

yea what he :point_up: said.
Congrats. Although I’m really not too surprised. Ha losing last year was the best thing to happen to you🤣
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes