Hash Making Revisited

Problem is he only used dried weed and that’s a no-no. He also used alcohol to clean his bags, and that’s a no-no as well. I’m a high tech motherfucker.

9 Likes

Dried weed is brittle and adds more plant material right?
Also thanks I did a baby run of yours and reikos techs!

4 Likes

So, what are you going to set your sights on next year?
I’ll bet you could blow Dave’s Master Extracts out of the live Resin category :wink:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

lol, live rosin is next. I’m going to make up a batch that brings a tear to your eye.
At the table I had dinner at, there was an old dude named Jimmy, he tapped his finger on the Dave’s master extracts Merchandise and said “This could be your name on there”

8 Likes

has it become crumbly yet? It’s dry when it crumbles into powder if you touch it in the freezer. Looks really good!

2 Likes

He is absolutely right… if that is what you want.
I’m pretty sure ‘Dave’ is going to paying close attention to you no matter what you do now. :wink:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Nope! I didn’t use my sieve because it was such a small batch of cannabis there wasn’t a point. I also feel like I put to much product and ice not enough water.

1 Like

Dang man! What a showing!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Now I don’t feel so bad. Mine looks like 2nd place. Lol. You just have amazingly golden goodness my friend…

1 Like

What DO you clean the bags with? I figured alcohol, glad I’ve done nothing other than rinse rinse rinse

1 Like

Big congrats on the win.

I’m going to have to read this a few times over, but hoping to soon give this a try. This is what I hope to be the preferred way for me to take my meds.

Amazing work. I’m cleaning up my room this week just to get my press setup.

Can you recommend some bags to put the kief in?

1 Like

yah, secret is to put the bags in the freezer to clean them. Once the hash material is frozen in the bag you kind of hit it with your fingers or crumple the screen. The hash crumbles away and you can smoke it.

7 Likes

I make sure to put enough water to cover the buds and ice when I dunk it under initially. After that it’s kind of a froth of crap. You just need enough water so the water doesn’t flow out of the bucket when the ice and buds are incorporated as well. That part is kind of an art. I give it 15cm or about 6 inches of head space for the addition of ice and buds. hah hah now it’s a science.

5 Likes

you’re pressing the kief, and want to know what micron size bag it goes in?

1 Like

Great… Guess I gotta plug in the big chest freezer because lord knows my freezer upstairs is stuffed. LOL. Good idea though, kinda like a DOH! why didn’t I think of that?

2 Likes

I had trouble getting all the hash out of the bag by scraping at the screen with a spoon, so I thought I could freeze the hash and crumble it like shards of glass. After 60 seconds or less I would take it out and smash the thin ice hash out of it. Soon, I was just dumping out a squeezed ball, letting the bag dry then freezing it for a week. Crumbling up the bag residue and smoking it.

5 Likes

Looking for suggestions on which brand of bag to put my kief in to press.

1 Like

oh I think my bags are supreme rosin, 25 micron.

2 Likes

thanks for this :grin:
my 5 bag set did not come with a 90micron bag but i found one on aliexpress for $12ca. so next time I will use only the 220, 90 and 25 I think. I do have one concern of making hash of this quality is that it’s really hard to work with when it’s done. Haha more first world problem :dash::dash::v:

2 Likes

yah make sure it’s frozen at all times or else it melts and gets really sticky. On youtube vids they are using dried weed and getting returns at 73 microns. I’m using fresh buds and getting returns at 90 micron. All I know, if I used 73 micron, I’d be ripping garbage hash. I should probably consider eliminating the 73 bag.

2 Likes