Hash Making Revisited

:smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

ok you can see the difference here between the already-freeze dried and the soon-to-be freeze dried. White means good, darker means there’s still some water ice.

16 Likes

In the next couple of weeks, I’ll be cranking kilos of weed into bubble hash. I’ve probably cranked hundreds of kilos in my life. hah hah I used to cut down my entire crop and make hash. Those were the days, workin’ for the Green Cross. These days you have to seek out the medical patients yourself, making it more difficult. I got the sponsor group to do that for me now - word of mouth is very potent advertising.

11 Likes

Incredible. I guess when the demand is there and you’re perfecting your craft, you gotta have quantity. This is all very fun to observe.

5 Likes

I cleaned all the crap off my press with some iso. I had scratched most of it off, but there was a coating of gunk still that was like wax.

1 Like

hey hey hey! The rosin in the freezer did cure up like that. Only took 6 months. I’m looking forward to ripping it! mmmmm!

8 Likes

ok! New lesson… it doesn’t take much pressure to squish rosin from freeze dried hash. I turned the machine down to minimum pressure, and it works great! Pressed a couple grams of hash into a few blobs of rosin. 64C, 180S power level 1. I’ll cure this and try it! I’ll probably try a bit when it’s fresh, but that makes my teeth feel waxy. lol

20 Likes

Aside from terp profile and maybe consistency changes, have you observed a difference in the way it melts or vaporizes after the cure?

3 Likes

It definitely vapes better after the cure. I’m not sure what the oily substance is in the rosin, but it gets left behind when it’s not cured. I assume it evaporates or something? Cured on the left and fresh on the right. I had to go back to the lab and get super baked… for science.

22 Likes

:laughing: doing the good work in the name of science. Love it. Man, it’s been a trip following your old thread and this one. Personally, I was enamored by the older stuff you were making that you were air drying. The stuff that looked like really old school Lebanese or Moroccan. Not saying it was better by any means, but just brought back many good memories. The stuff your making now looks like it could have killed Elvis….well….that and a strong pharmaceutical cocktail, but you’re picking up what I’m putting down.:v:t2:

4 Likes

lol yah I know, the old stuff was nice. Sadly, it couldn’t keep up with today’s times! The modern connoisseur wants the latest high tech shit. I suppose that’s what I am now, the modern connoisseur with high tech shit. It’s a good thing, I’m at peace with it :wink:

8 Likes

In my experience curing has more to do with stability than anything else. I prefer fresh pressed myself.

I never notice a difference in residue between cured and fresh pressed hash rosin. I do notice flower rosin tends to be more waxy and leave more residue on my nail.

9 Likes

You don’t find the fresh pressed rosin leaves like a waxy coating on your teeth?

3 Likes

ohh I did hot knife those instead of using the lithium bong, perhaps that did it.

4 Likes

Well for shits and giggles I went to the fridge and got out the aged rosin. I think the fresh stuff does have more smell to it. Next stage I have to dry out the fresh stuff and give it another sniff heh heh. Mind you the older batch does have meat breath and big bud mixed rosin. Probably shouldn’t have done that. Eventually I’ll fridge cure another batch of big bud, then I can compare the different kinds.

2 Likes

After acceleration, I just put this in the freezer. How long should it be in there :smiley:

23 Likes

About a week in the freezer should do it.

11 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

You’ll be a freeze dried/live rosin expert pretty soon! mmm looks good.

5 Likes

kind of a terrible picture, but the cure is happening. I think the fresh rosin does have more flavor. I’m going to keep sampling my stash and make sure! heh heh. I got my old ass rosin out for sampling as well. I think vaping it in the lithium bong keeps my teeth from getting waxy lol! I Thiiiiiiiiiiink! Which means I gotta make sure :wink:

12 Likes