Hash Making Revisited

I think it’s dry now, I mean it certainly looks like it! I have one more batch of hash to make and it’s FLC-BX1. So what I am going to do, is freeze dry it then press the FLC. I want to see if the wet dog is a combo of water and the cheese smell. Cheese always smells like some kind of damp basement anyways lol!

6 Likes

Lol!!! I know the exact taste your describing right now. Every time I get something like that my fiancé says “taste like my grandmas basement.”

1 Like

I think the number is a good one. The c99 should yield pretty well on a gram by gram basis in terms of hash.

7 Likes

I had a strange thought, I wonder if… in veg the little flower thing there at the node would have a trichome count that reflects the hash yield. Then you could get an estimate before even starting flower. How’s that for a nuts idea?

4 Likes

You’re the second person today I’ve seen mention looking at trichs on the pre-flowers to estimate production rates, so I’d say not that nuts. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did they have a microscopic counting system to make it happen?

3 Likes

I think it was just a loupe, but don’t really remember… I’m sure you’ll have it down to a science in no time, though. :wink:

3 Likes

@JoeCrowe have you ever tested your bubble kief for THC %?

I am curious what kief tests out to before further processing. I understand there are a lot of variables, just trying to get a ballpark idea.

2 Likes

Yah, I seem to remember that the stuff tested at 75%. Been a long time since I tested it, though. That was back in the compassion club days, like a decade ago.

3 Likes

I was gonna make the final batch of hash today… and I might still. But I have to go in and get my booster for the covid. My uncle said the booster is what finally kills you, and I told him to go to hell with his stupid bullshit conspiracy theories. Puh-leeze! He got all fucked up in real life because he won’t get the vaccine because it’s all a conspiracy. The easy answer is to just get vaccinated and that will solve all his problems. He claimed he would rather die… and of course we all know what happened to Meatloaf. They’re the same age.

6 Likes

Oh that was good times, I hit the mass vaccination center it was conveyor style! Since I was CV patient, I got to choose if I wanted the moderna this time. I knew from reading and listening to legit info that it had been proven moderna was more effective at preventing covid shit. So I got me somma that! I’ll definitely try and make the hash tonight, but no promises! Could get stiff muscles instead hah hah!

5 Likes

I’m considering getting some of Oregoncbdseed’s triploid cannabis to make some CBD/CBG/CBDV/CBGV pressed bubble hash from. I’ve listened to their breeder on Shaping Fire episode 66. What was your experience with the CBG hash? I’m thinking the triploid varieties they’ve come out with will dump some serious legal medicine. Plus would be super cool to grow some of those triploid beast plants.

1 Like

I liked the CBG hash for reasons unknown! I took it and pressed it into rosin. The yields were crap though. It had a mild minty pine flavor. The processing and outcomes were just like any other plant, no difference to the texture or something.

3 Likes

Sounds tasty.

2 Likes

hey hey hey! This is FLC-BX1, hah and it smells like wet dog.

9 Likes

This batch entirely cleaned out the freezer! The next batch going in is going to be C99. That little plant is going to finish probably 2 weeks or more before the others. Sweet!

4 Likes

wow I did a really deep dive this time, because the color is definitely different from the other batches. Don’t you want to know why?

6 Likes

The trichomes are a different color. That’s why.

11 Likes

it matches the color of the swamp water, in this case.

10 Likes

drying away! Hopefully I made the chunks small enough to dry. They are admittedly fairly large and I did rip them open with the exacto. We’ll see what happens in a week!

7 Likes