Hash Making Revisited

Your microscopy work is damn interesting, one day ill have to add one to the work shop,

Thanks again @JoeCrowe, I just ran a batch today, its in the freezer right now drying. Ill be sure not to roll this batch up :sweat_smile:

Will have to add a 90 micron bag to the shopping list

2 Likes

So you no longer use the 73?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yah that’s right, the 73 micron sack just gave me 2 different grades of trash. So I just lump em together now using the 25 sack.

5 Likes

So everything from 220 down to 90 is what you keep?

2 Likes

Definitely!

3 Likes

I dont have a 90, Im using 220,160,120 and 73. The 160 and 120 are bubble bowls that catch finer green crap. Anyone know where to buy a single 90 bag?
I also have a 25 bag, but agree with Joe that it isn’t worth the trouble

2 Likes

Depending on the brand I know original bubble bag sell single bags not sure about other manufacturers.

2 Likes

I found another brand on Amazon. $40 for a single bag. :scream:
Ill check Bubble bag. Thats what mine are.

1 Like

Just checked Original Bubble bag $50 US + shipping. F#$% that!

4 Likes

That’s a bit but at least it matches the rest of your bags . I’d be Leary if you get a off brand name the size of the bag could conflict with the others?

1 Like

I can’t find the post offhand at the moment but I recall part of your micron selection had something to do with working with fresh frozen material versus dried/cured material due to how the trichome sizes vary between the two. Is that correct or am I recalling something unrelated? Thanks!

3 Likes

im about to order, 20 bucks for the bag but 23 in shipping, i have this brand allready for my others, their really nice quality.

6 Likes

Yeah the shipping sucks. $44 all in for a single bag. Im going to stick with my 73 for now.

3 Likes

Maybe put a post up in the used equipment thread I know there’s been a couple people selling used bubble bags in the past .

4 Likes

Thanks. Might do that. All the trichomes over 90 are still getting caught by my 73 anyway. I’m just getting stuff 90 to 73 as well. My hash lately has looked pretty good. So I might just keep doing what Im doing. lol

4 Likes

The shrinkage of the trichomes is fairly insignificant, as I measured it with the microscope using the cap of a single trichome. The stalks shrink huge though. The stalk is half the diameter afterwards! Usually a trichome cap is between 100-180 microns wide.

2 Likes

Almost 24 hours drying! You can clearly see the edges are dry already. I could probably stir the pile to speed it up.

11 Likes

here’s the before and after of a trichome that was fresh and then dried up. Amazing!

13 Likes

Man, I had forgotten about that ability. Extreme time lapse photography at a microscopic level! Check this out! Same hash pile 24 hours later!

14 Likes

Holy shit! You can see the color change already in the trichomes. Amazeballs!

4 Likes