Hash Making Revisited

So, seeing all this resin everywhere was making want to give it a go. I don’t have any fancy gear for this so I just used a coffee filter, parchment paper and a hair straightener.
My starting material was pressed hash that I previously made. I had to cheese grater it to break it up lol it was a little difficult to work with. Next time it will be unpressed

19 Likes

Looks excellent you’d never know a hair straightener made that .

3 Likes

I was definitely surprised, I’m assuming that with proper equipment, the yields would get a little better with more pressure and controlled heat

2 Likes

Yah, it definitely looks good for some DIY. The fancy gear can make it effortless! Some of that full melt I’m sure you could press with some clothes irons like jeff makes grilled cheese on american dad.

4 Likes

I will get some more practice and take the plunge to try out the big boy toys lol

5 Likes

Speaking of big boy toys, today I’m going to crush some rosin from the big bud hash that’s been dried in the freezer. It’s my day off, so I’m gonna have some fun!!!

4 Likes

Squish squish! Smash smash! yay! I tell you, it’s way easier to crush freeze dried hash. That fresh hash was a pain in the arse! The water drops would ruin the parchment and make it rip, as well.

12 Likes

I want one of those lol

2 Likes

Coffee filters work? Whats the micron size ? Also does it matter brand wise or unbleached filters ?

3 Likes

They did for me. It’s all I had laying around. They were just the white ones so I assume that they are bleached. Not sure of the micron size of it but the yield would have been better I think if I had proper screens instead of coffee filters. What I did was less then ideal, I was just messing around with what I had.
I definitely plan on playing with this more and slowly picking up the proper gear.

3 Likes

Yah I toyed with coffee filters just to get a feel for the machine. The paper will definitely absorb your rosin heh heh. I got some nylon bags 25 micron from the amazon rain forest. err amazon.
I basically had some dabs while that machine cranked out the rosin for me. Now that I ripped some of it, I declare it’s actually meat breath rosin. hahhah! I’ve got piles of freeze dried hash I don’t even know what it is? or is it a mix? Oh my! takes another dab

4 Likes

dabs, anyone? heh heh
I also have a batch stabilizing in the fridge.

13 Likes

I’ll dab to that! This rosin is stable at room temp.

14 Likes

How long did it take to stabilize?

4 Likes

Not long at all, a couple days out of the fridge and it stabalizes as this crumble texture. I did homogenize it by rolling it into a snake, doubling it on itself, and repeating until it no longer looked marbled.

7 Likes

oo yah, it looks good and creamy! dab dab

4 Likes

14 Likes

What is it made out of?

3 Likes

Good shout JoeCrowe, so lazy of me - apologies all, here you go :raised_hands:
The top pic golden stuff is from a UK made seed, UK Cheese x Blues x Jack Black Auto
The one just pressed and in the press at 186 in a 90m bag is GlueberryOG from DP
The Crystally stuff was from La Rica from Elite seeds, it is a CBD:THC 1:1 train both sitting at circa 10%. Amazing little plant, grew and smoked great - but the terps were tops, I grew another to press the whole lot
Bottom Pic is Mazar Auto from DP

The best DAB for me from this lot was the La Rica by far - the terp profile and the hit with it being CBD THC is a real treat

4 Likes

@JoeCrowe Any idea what the orange threads are? Could these be pistols?

This came from a badly bungled dry sift attempt. Ended up having to supplement dry ice.

5 Likes