Hash Making Revisited

OK, I bet everyone wants to know what those nuggets are like. So , I took one and I cut it in half, so you can see the inside. Then I crushed it into powder-like substance.

7 Likes

I gave the PCK hash a wack with the rolling pin. Shattered into smaller chunks, I’ll probably smash it again.

18 Likes

I got the entry shipped with tracking! It contaminated the entire post office with stink, even though I had it in one layer of impermeable plastic. lol! My hash stunk up the place, it’s a good sign. So I sealed it up quick as I could inside the smell proof postal packaging. They were bewildered as to why I would send 2 stink packages to the same address with separate tracking. Told them I didn’t make up the rules, the LCBo did, and I just have to follow them.

8 Likes

I mean liquor control board. They made up the confusing rules.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about the old style hash and how it had the darker layer on the outside. How is it formed and why and what? ok So I can tell you how it’s formed. Shelf drying the hash leaves a crust on the outside. It takes a few days.
So how can I dry it without forming a patina on it? Freeze drying, quick drying. If you freeze dry then stabilize the hash it won’t discolor. If you take the hash and quick dry it in 45min at 60C it won’t change color.
Leads me to the hypothesis that moisture and time are both elements in this puzzle. The water trapped in the hash over time facilitates the process of discoloration.
Additionally, if you manufacture the hash from pre-dried material it won’t form the patina, but instead it will already be tan. Interesting!

10 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe! Love this thread! I’m curious about how you keep your bubble bags in working order? Mine are getting clogged up with bubble and I’ve been soaking them in iso and scrubbing them in ice water but they are still full of bubble clogging the holes. What do you do to keep your bags working well?

3 Likes

Usually I let the bags sit in the freezer and the bubble in the bottom turns into dust. I crumple up the screen or flick it with my fingers to make the remnants into powder. I rip that while I put the bags into the freezer for another round. If they are super filthy sometimes I’ll go like three rounds before powder stops falling out of the bag. As a rule I store the bags in the freezer, so the stuff in the bottom is mostly powder when I pull them out for the next use. It beats any other method I’ve tried.

14 Likes

“Honey! We need a hash freezer!”

6 Likes

I started out with just a fridge freezer…
I call it the freezer of delights. If you open it, the smell is fantastic!

18 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve got a little nibble of PCK hash solidifying over there. I think at the end of the day, I’ll put a nugget of big bud hash next to it and take a photo. I’m relatively certain they’ll look different :wink:

17 Likes

What is that made from? It looks kind of fuzzy on the edges, is that from plant material or something? Wet or dry? It’s hard to tell.

1 Like

10 Likes

Looks like coke what’s the story on that why’s it so white?

7 Likes

I agree. Looks like it should be snorted. And yes, why is it so white?

4 Likes

lol yah, at this point it could be thca crystals or CBD isolate.

5 Likes

I got a little ash on the hash there, but you can see the difference between the PCK hash and the big bud. The big bud hash is translucent, somehow. They both got the sparkle!!! PCK tastes like heavy metal oranges.

9 Likes

99.9% thc-a

3 Likes

I’ll be making the TK batch today, as long as the phone doesn’t ring in the next hour and a half! Hold my calls! heh heh it’s the weekend, I don’t really expect a call. Starts cleaning the hash bags

3 Likes

Reminds me, I should put a hot wine bottle on some hash and see if that ruins it. I suspect the frenchie temple ball thing destroys the freeze dried hash’s consistency. Turning it into some kind of powder. We’ll see, gimme a sec.

3 Likes