Hash Making Revisited

Naw, it just turned into goo, like I was using my hand to melt it.

14 Likes

I think this is going to be another sticky batch! We’ll see soon enough, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

well the TK failed the test. That’s ok, I had suspected it would based on the images I took! In order for there to be winners, there has to be losers as well.

14 Likes

Here’s the animal turd hash in the bottom of the bag. That green will turn brown!

10 Likes

Same hash, gooey/pliable before bottle tech, tan powder after. :thinking:

8 Likes

Yah that’s strange, does it slowly melt down into a puddle if you leave that ball laying around?

1 Like

I must admit I do love the flavor! Unfortunately, the melt isn’t that good, and the yield blows.

8 Likes

@JoeCrowe no, it was like taffy, not sticky at all, kinda waxy and hard after rolled into a ball. Has a nice flavor and high though, will be nice to have around while the search continues. Made some nice flowers too.

1 Like

I’ve cranked out hash batches where I tossed it straight into the garbage. Ever cranked out black small lump that didn’t melt?
@GPaw called my grow the hashplant thunderdome, and that’s definitely what it is. So many strains I toss them in the garbage based on the hash yields I can get. It’s a numbers game! So if I can grow a crop that produces 125grams of hash, I prefer that to a crop that grows 25 grams of hash. I learned that a while back. If I was growing 6 week plants with not as much hash yield, I was going broke, but if I grew 8 week plants with double the hash yield… I was sailing. I’m starting to think that only 10% of strains are worth growing.

7 Likes

Few questions…

What are you favorite hash producing strains. Please be specific if they were from cut or seed

Have you ever messed with BHO? I would be taking that 25 bag stuff and filling a tube and run it BHO?

If you have done BHO why do or don’t you use it anymore?

Good luck in the contest and bonus points for sharing this wealth of knowledge

4 Likes

I am using big bud from AMS, I grew from seed. Second in command is meat breath which was a clone only. Prior to 2017 I grew AK47 hybrid from seed it was an excellent producer.
Volatile organics are actually banned here, but I do have the rosin press. I would consider dissolving the 25 into a tincture, but I usually give it away to my friends.

5 Likes

Really? In a way I suppose it makes sense. If not done correctly you can harm yourself making it and everyone who would use it.

Also supper interesting big bud has been around forever. So with all the gmo,fritter, Skittles, rainbows shooting unicorns out there that’s been your go too.

4 Likes

My long term project is this:
I am going to get two super producers of hash and cross pollinate them then grow the offspring and see how the trichome count is. I mean it’s an inheritable trait… so can I personally select a super hash producer?

8 Likes

Oh, and when I say super hash producer I mean like the big bud. The meat breath doesn’t even cut the chut in comparison. So it’s off the list. I need gnarly super mega producers! With the end product being the ultimate hash producer. If it’s even possible.

4 Likes

10 Likes

is that an image of making hash or something?

1 Like

:sunglasses::+1: it’s the #Vortex

3 Likes

OWMH!

10 Likes

So what strain is it made out of? I’ll probably be making a new batch tomorrow!

4 Likes

Forgot to mention my hash made it to the competition! I’ll be rockin’ out at the unicorn! lol! I’ll have to make some rosin as well.

16 Likes