Hash Making Revisited

Congrats! 10 char

2 Likes

#Full Spectrum…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love the rat turd! That’s 25 micron.

Meanwhile, I am making that hash batch. I got carried away in the blueberries, picking some weeds and scything out the Comfrey.

7 Likes

73micron & 25micron…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Which screens do you find produce the most/best hash?

1 Like

I’m getting ready to do my 1st real big hash run with around 7 different strains. Trying to figure out the best way to efficiently do this and keep the hash from each different strain separate. any tips?

3 Likes

25-90 for sure…, but 120 can produce big yields for rosin pressing.

1 Like

Looks like good shit! Just had an 8th of sour Tangie live rosin from a source down here and that shit smelled like when you open up a container of tang! I wasn’t really a dab guy for a long time but live rosin has changed my opinion a bunch. Love seeing your work.

6 Likes

Maybe look into picking up a Hashplant variety, I know that papaya and strawnana are good producers for hash and crossed up with a big bud and a Hashplant it should have enough plant matter for great yields.

2 Likes

You just have to do each batch separate, I’m not sure there is a more efficient method. If you spent an entire day and did them back to back you could fit in quite a few batches. Unfortunately the yield testing takes a while. I just do a batch every week or something until they are all done and stored in the freezer.

4 Likes

ok! I’ve got a couple strains to chunk through, but I’ll keep it in mind. The previous crazy producer I had was an AK47 hybrid.

heh heh join the club, live rosin/fresh hash all the way! I’ll keep pumping it!

4 Likes

I had a friend grow the Tutankhamen variant of AK47 and it was very oily so I believe that about AK47 being a good producer.

1 Like

hahhah I got playing computer games and forgot about the hash batch. I was in the final phase of just sitting around though, so it accomplished that! I think this is meat breath, with perhaps a small bit of FLC in there.

15 Likes

I was looking at those expensive harvest right freeze dryers and it makes me wonder can the same results be achieved with a regular chest freezer(or possibly dry ice to reach very low temps?) and a vacuum oven?

1 Like

Just use the freezer, but you have to prep the hash for freeze drying by making it into tiny bits or making it really thin. You need lots of surface area exposed for the ice to sublime in a week.

4 Likes

I say don’t. Make a mongrel hash. 7 batches will take forever.

5 Likes

he wants to test them though. It’s an important step to get rid of the low producers!

4 Likes

Oh well if that’s the goal then carry on.

5 Likes

One could do the jar test to find the best hash producers. It won’t really help isolate the flavors, but will definitely show you which ones dump and which ones won’t.

Pup put 10 grams of fresh frozen material in a jar with ice and shake it up for a couple minutes. Let the trichomes settle to the bottom and compare.

12 Likes

I like that jar test idea thanks!

2 Likes