Hash Making Revisited

It’s all in good fun! Now you know my pain right? I told che that I just used a standard bubble process and it was all about the pheno hunt I had done for the tasty bud. He told me that I always put some kind of change to it to crank out the gold. More people are doing it now! I’m seriously waiting for someone here to start scoring some trophies! It’s coming soon! I can feel it in me bones :wink:

3 Likes

I have learned a bunch from your thread personally

6 Likes

The industry secrets contained within… can make you a champion! It’s the process they use to make live extracts, except not at an industrial scale.

4 Likes

Been sick as a dog since Friday. Finally stumbled out to the freezer to see how things are drying. Chocolatina is ready to rip. Some contaminates but I’d expect so being from the greenhouse. All sorts of fun stuff gets blown in there

11 Likes

I usually give it a light press to see if it crumbles and also watch for sizzle on the hit. If it crumbles and doesn’t sizzle it’s dried out.
I press the outdoor into rosin, to filter out the contaminates. That’s what I did on the greenhouse batches.

5 Likes

That’s the plan as soon as my buddy buys me a rosin press haha. Should be in the next couple weeks. I told him I’d make him killer rosin and hash if he buys me the stuff. Was an easy sell.

3 Likes

And yeah it’s still a bit sticky. Tried to push down on a chunk to see if it would crumble and…nah that’s a hashy finger

2 Likes

It looked kind of “cloudy” from here like pillow-like. Usually when it’s dried it looks more like piles of trichome caps.

See the one on the left is dry, and the one on the right still has moisture. It appears sort of fluffy instead of like a pile of round objects.

3 Likes

Also in case anyone ACTUALLY wanted to know, the stabilization tech is like this:
seal it in a jar in the fridge for 30 days, or seal it in a jar on the shelf at 18C for 10 days.

5 Likes

That is for rosin, correct?

3 Likes

freeze dried hash and rosin :slight_smile: Also… I just got back from ripping a bunch of hash balls, and I know why I won the contest. That hash does kick ass. yeee haw! Those other hash balls I made from slurricane don’t cut the chut.
That plant I grow and make hash out of has been with me for 7 years.

6 Likes

Wowzers…like a full seven?
:joy:

2 Likes

I lost my previous one of 17 year to the floods. That sucked, especially since it had this superb hash! It would be interesting to see it go through the modern process.

5 Likes

What does stabilizing do?

2 Likes

You can change it into shiny gold nuggets like this!

4 Likes

each nugget crushes into a powder like this:

I go nuts for it! lol!

6 Likes

Does it increase the quality in any way? Or is it just to make it look golden?

2 Likes

It was actually a requirement of the contest.

2 Likes

From my quick research it seems that it’s most usually done to change the texture, with some individuals saying it enhances the terpenes.

2 Likes

Definitely makes it so it’s not sticky. Probably lost some terps, but the smell was still phenomenal! A Heady wave every time you opened the container to check on it’s progress. After that it’s off to cold storage. They keep all the contest samples in the fridge I think I saw.

2 Likes