HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

Haha, finally @blowdout2269 ! J/K it still has the “new thread” smell around here.
Gotta get more blunts passing to remedy that.
Wilkommen!

2 Likes

I was seriously about 4k posts behind everything I’m tracking. I’ve been playing catchup for about seven days now, lol. It’s just been a helluva work week. I got about 700 more to read. It just sucks when you’re outta likes. And then I gotta be “that guy” responding to shit that’s three days old. :rofl:Might read em all before I pass out…hell, who am I kidding? Lol
Glad to be here though! Hope life is treating you well. That light looks great in it’s new home. I’m excited to see what ya can do with her.
Much love bro. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My auntie married a Jones and I have family in kirkby liverpool. Your grandmother made the right decision to leave liverpool wherever you may be. And I’ve made a few bridgelux lights before now. Not sure how many solstrip lamps. Citizen cluo38 and clu048 lamps.

I was here under the name colanoscopy. Did have a UK licence agreement with solstrips.
I make a lot of flood and drain systems etc too mate. CNC milling machines. Lasers etc :joy: mate

If you didn’t guess by the name I’m in Manchester btw

3 Likes

The amount of wisdom in those tongs is unmatched I’m sure!! Nothing but good intentions in those lol

Nice write-up brother :+1::+1:

1 Like

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I grew the Mango Biche x OMG last year, it was really good weed. They got a little tall, but I also vegged them for 60+ days, think they were around 18 or 20 inches when I flipped. I’d imagine that the Mango Biche crossed with the Snow Lotus might be even stretchier. I don’t really care about plants getting tall, but I know some people do haha.

Here the grow report: Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

I dunno anything about that one, but it sounds pretty interesting. I have a pack of that that Pure Land Hashplant, the Congo/Kashmir x 88G13HP, but I dunno when I’m gonna plant any. I’d ordered something else from GLG, but they fucked up and by the time my money got there, they’d sold what I ordered so I picked that pack as a replacement. Kind of irritating, really… haha.

Are you sure that that’s what the genetics of the Soul Axis are? I just looked, Axis is Congo Black x 88G13HP. And usually anything with the word “Soul” in it means that Bodhi used his Goji Pine Soul cut. So it’s probably more like (Congo Black x 88G13HP) x (Nepali OG x Snow Lotus).

3 Likes

Yeah, I have a pack of Soul Axis and it is Axis (Congo Black x 88G13HP) x Snow Lotus, it was a freebie offering a few years ago.

Not sure why he called it Soul Axis though as he does Soul Mate and Soul Food?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. And confusing… haha. Still sounds like a good cross, though. I think I might actually prefer that the Nepali be left out.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Yeah the soul thing threw me off as well, and comes up on other forums when it’s discussed.

2 Likes

Update:
Everybody looks different on top,

But below the surface they are all saying “New shoes!”

So I gave them what they wanted:

The new pots are the biodegradable AC Infinity 1/2 gallon size.
Oh, and the 2 late Oaxacan are doing their thing:

Oaxacans went into a 50/50 BAS Light Recipe/ neutral potting soil, everybody else went in full strength BAS Light. All soil was pretreated with JMS diluted @ 1:20

Edit: One more thing to mention is that I excavated (using a dibbler, which I just learned is the name of the thing :rofl:) the 3 Beyond The Brain seeds, and they’re not showing any sign of opening. I cracked all three between my teeth (individually, not simultaneously :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), and replanted them. I gave those a splash of JMS as well. :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

Omelette du flamoge… :yum: bet you won’t guess where I learned that one. :smirk:

Lol, culinary school? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A couple dumb questions for ya.lol. Does your micro tea work to hit any plant with or just before you add your jms? Those little seedlings are they in garden fabric, if there is such a thing, or is that premade pots? Thanks. Plants look great.

So the JMS (JADAM Microbial Solution) helps to seed the soil with microlife, and also to boost it during growth, so you’ll see me applying it monthly to my pots.
I’ll be attempting this run using only JADAM/KNF amendments; I currently have canna JLF, arugula JLF, and food scrap JLF (that one is way too strong, so I’ll have to dilute it more). I also have JADAM wetting agent, water soluble CaPO4, and water soluble K.

Regarding the pots:

4 Likes

Update!
Everybody is looking healthy and happy, and I’ve been going into the tent every day and doing affirmations out loud to them (yes, seriously; I tell them how beautiful they are, how strong they are, how well they’re growing, how much resin they’re going to produce, etc etc., it’s a total love fest)

So there are 2 distinct Vietnam Bomb phenos. One is growing vertically fast, and presenting deep serrations on semi-elongated leaves.

The other has rounded leaf tips, and gentle, shallow serrations, along with a squat, slower growing structure and very tight node spacing.
@Dirt_Wizard

The Blue Dream x Azure Haze plants are uniform so far @boatbum325

And the '95 Silver Haze x Sowahh are also showing very little variation at this stage. @SkunkHunt101

Oaxacan Gold were, as you know, irregular in their sprouting times, but regardless of stage, they’re looking good. @Upstate

Here’s the most mature one

23 Likes

Yes I always do too, I think my girl gets jealous of how nice I talk to the plants haha. It totally helps in my opinion

4 Likes

Ofcourse it helps! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Looooking gooood.

1 Like

You, me, Natea, and Dr. Emoto get it. :wink:

Thanks my friend. This is my cleanest start so far, and I’m very pleased with it. Biggest difference this time was PREPARATION. I had the soil and inputs that I needed, before I needed them, and I had a full plan of what the grow progression is going to look like (as well as an understanding that the plan may need to be tweaked or completely altered.) before the seeds hit the dirt.
I also researched each of the strains to the very best of my ability and have appropriate tools on hand (synthetic string, LST clips, a cheap seedling tray cloning setup, fully fermented nutrients, etc.).
It really helps me because now I can recognize a need in the tent, and respond in the moment vs. “I need to run to the hydro shop tomorrow” and then it’s 2 days before I can intervene.
Feeling good.
Feeling loose.

10 Likes

That’s really good man. Glad you have piece of mind. Now that i have been running g the same strains for a bit I have a good handle on what they need and how they are and what not. Growing them has seemed to become easier each run. Its nice. I stick with the same stuff every time and it works out well.

3 Likes