HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

Quick write-up because I’m treating my soil with JMS (JADAM Microbial Solution) tomorrow!

Easy peasy-

1. Chop up a starchy veg, like a potato :potato: (I used a
    sweet potato because it’s what I had, and it
    works the same)

1. Steam or boil that motherfucker until it’s soft.

2. Put some fresh compost or leaf mold in a mesh
    bag, and add in the potato.

1. Hang the bag in a bucket of chlorine-free water
    and squish the potato to mush.

In the Arizona heat, I anticipate I’ll have a clear ring by morning, meaning it’s at its microbial peak.
I’ll dilute it 1:20, and apply it to my new bags of BAS Light Recipe.
The compost provides a microbial seed population, the potato is a simple sugar (food), the water is a habitat. Boom. :boom: Concentrated soil microbiota.
Edit: It is very important to use an ancient pair of grill tongs to hang the bag. It won’t work otherwise. I learned it from @BeagleZ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Outta likes.

It’s good to see that you had the appropriate level of supervision. Safety first!

1 Like

Lol, she’s extremely helpful, regardless the task.

I’ll be watching this bordel de cannabis!

3 Likes

How much are you asking brother? I’m in the running for a new light. This would require shipping to england though. Subbed for this ride anyway.
Je vais me percher et fumer ici pendant toute la durée

1 Like

You are most welcome here, my friend!

Well, since I stumbled on a Bspec for 99 bucks, I’m keeping the Rspec so I have both cycles covered! Also, yes, the shipping would be absurd.
Bienvenue à bord!

2 Likes

It’s a sign I must make a new bridgelux light then I think. Was considering making one as a feature for the budcast at some point. The next 6 weeks we are between wales and manchester so not setting the tent back up yet anyway.

Nice score on the Bspec btw :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My grandmother immigrated here from Liverpool. Farrell’s and Jones’ on that side of my family.

Have you built one (a bridgelux lamp) previously?

1 Like

Ok, I made it! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Haha, finally @blowdout2269 ! J/K it still has the “new thread” smell around here.
Gotta get more blunts passing to remedy that.
Wilkommen!

2 Likes

I was seriously about 4k posts behind everything I’m tracking. I’ve been playing catchup for about seven days now, lol. It’s just been a helluva work week. I got about 700 more to read. It just sucks when you’re outta likes. And then I gotta be “that guy” responding to shit that’s three days old. :rofl:Might read em all before I pass out…hell, who am I kidding? Lol
Glad to be here though! Hope life is treating you well. That light looks great in it’s new home. I’m excited to see what ya can do with her.
Much love bro. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My auntie married a Jones and I have family in kirkby liverpool. Your grandmother made the right decision to leave liverpool wherever you may be. And I’ve made a few bridgelux lights before now. Not sure how many solstrip lamps. Citizen cluo38 and clu048 lamps.

I was here under the name colanoscopy. Did have a UK licence agreement with solstrips.
I make a lot of flood and drain systems etc too mate. CNC milling machines. Lasers etc :joy: mate

If you didn’t guess by the name I’m in Manchester btw

3 Likes

The amount of wisdom in those tongs is unmatched I’m sure!! Nothing but good intentions in those lol

Nice write-up brother :+1::+1:

1 Like

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I grew the Mango Biche x OMG last year, it was really good weed. They got a little tall, but I also vegged them for 60+ days, think they were around 18 or 20 inches when I flipped. I’d imagine that the Mango Biche crossed with the Snow Lotus might be even stretchier. I don’t really care about plants getting tall, but I know some people do haha.

Here the grow report: Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

I dunno anything about that one, but it sounds pretty interesting. I have a pack of that that Pure Land Hashplant, the Congo/Kashmir x 88G13HP, but I dunno when I’m gonna plant any. I’d ordered something else from GLG, but they fucked up and by the time my money got there, they’d sold what I ordered so I picked that pack as a replacement. Kind of irritating, really… haha.

Are you sure that that’s what the genetics of the Soul Axis are? I just looked, Axis is Congo Black x 88G13HP. And usually anything with the word “Soul” in it means that Bodhi used his Goji Pine Soul cut. So it’s probably more like (Congo Black x 88G13HP) x (Nepali OG x Snow Lotus).

3 Likes

Yeah, I have a pack of Soul Axis and it is Axis (Congo Black x 88G13HP) x Snow Lotus, it was a freebie offering a few years ago.

Not sure why he called it Soul Axis though as he does Soul Mate and Soul Food?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. And confusing… haha. Still sounds like a good cross, though. I think I might actually prefer that the Nepali be left out.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Yeah the soul thing threw me off as well, and comes up on other forums when it’s discussed.

2 Likes

Update:
Everybody looks different on top,

But below the surface they are all saying “New shoes!”

So I gave them what they wanted:

The new pots are the biodegradable AC Infinity 1/2 gallon size.
Oh, and the 2 late Oaxacan are doing their thing:

Oaxacans went into a 50/50 BAS Light Recipe/ neutral potting soil, everybody else went in full strength BAS Light. All soil was pretreated with JMS diluted @ 1:20

Edit: One more thing to mention is that I excavated (using a dibbler, which I just learned is the name of the thing :rofl:) the 3 Beyond The Brain seeds, and they’re not showing any sign of opening. I cracked all three between my teeth (individually, not simultaneously :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), and replanted them. I gave those a splash of JMS as well. :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

Omelette du flamoge… :yum: bet you won’t guess where I learned that one. :smirk: