HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

Grow log note:

AgHazexSow, Vietnam Bomb, and 1 BDxAH have been flowering for 55 days. (~8 weeks)
2 more BDxAH are at 48 days (~7 weeks)
The Oaxacan:
Arachno 78 days (~11weeks)

Sun Ra 41 days veg (~6weeks)
Nice Rogue 23 days veg (~3 weeks)

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve pointed it out in a picture yet, even though I talk about it regularly: Circled in blue is the Afghan leaning Vietnam Bomb, the other two VBs are the two plants holding spears in the back! :bear:🫨

19 Likes

I see you like those fabric pouches. Just trying them out.

3 Likes

Yep! I plant everything in them!
Peppers, tropicals, cannabis, everything!

2 Likes

I never had much luck with those peat pots. You use different sizes?

I do not. I think mine are the 3 inch bags, but they might be 4. They’re about a half pint.
I never used the peat pots myself, but I can see how they could be a pain.
I let the roots grow an inch or two out bottom of the bag and then they go to 1 gallon pots (SpringPots) and live there until transplant to 5 gallon Grassroots Living Soil Pots for their final home.
I do love airpots, but they require extra watering, and they take up more space than a traditional pot.

2 Likes

Looking fantastic @HeadyBearAdventures dont mind me

2 Likes

Welcome, my new growmie!
I was just about to post this picture that embodies my other seed buying addiction:

13 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures that place is super cool, also the little town is home to Laura ingel wilder! Well she lived there, buried there so is her daughter.

5 Likes

Another Baker Creek fan here! I’ve grown a number of their tomatoes, chiles, basils, etc. https://rareseeds.com

7 Likes

Hell yeah! I look at the catalog because I like flipping through it by hand, but since I’m zone 9b, I gotta go online to make sure stuff is hardy

5 Likes

I can see how much you had to fight the vining on that VB! The thin sharply sawtoothed leaves also are pretty great, that looks super Viet or Thai to me

Paging @MAHAKALA @StocktonT @Upstate @lefthandseeds doctors whats your opinion on this patient we are presented with today?

3 Likes

I like the look of that Vietnam :bomb: :smirk:

4 Likes

Imagine if I left her untopped…I shudder at the thought.

1 Like

Yup. I’m pickin up what you’re puttin down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Edit: that said, I found this picture of Bodhi’s Acapulco Gold and it looks pretty bang on…maybe it’s the Central American side poking through.

My plant:

13 Likes

How do you find that light for heat output?
I had a suspicion it might be running hot…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

You would be correct. I actually ran the tent partially open all summer because the temps would get too high.
I could have cranked the 6 in. Ac infinity higher, but negative pressure kills my footprint

2 Likes

Is that in a 4x4? You run an HLG rspec too, right? I have to leave mine partly open too, or dim the light way down.

The 4x5 is running a Phlizon 640W bar light.
The light is excellent except for a few things like the thumb screws to attach the light bars (they’re just s pain), and the heat production.
I do have both an HLG 300 RSpec and the 300 BSpec as well, and yes, they’re little space heaters, but I run them ultra low because they’re in a 2x4 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m with lefthandseeds. I’m liking the tall stretchies best. Surely some Indica In this short one. Looks more pakistani to me with those pronounced elongated calyxes, but I see that swami carries an afghan pakistan cross too.

4 Likes