HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

Same plant as a cutting outdoors, where she really shined.

@HeadyBearAdventures I hope you got a cutting!

11 Likes

Purple bagseed. Her stem was so weak she couldn’t stay upright. Solved.

11 Likes

Yep. The aroma is incense, and the unfamiliar I’m calling Old Spice…or maybe bay rum… and stem resin is now becoming visible to the naked eye.

6 Likes

My Vietnam Bomb (Talk of Kabul/Afghan pheno) clone.
She’s beautiful and healthy.

Don’t mind the thrip damage.

11 Likes

Well, I’ll get at least 1 seed from the Oaxacan! :rofl:

20 Likes

Let’s take a look at some buds small we?

First up is the (Hazeman) Blue Dream x Azure Haze that’s been in flower the longest. Untopped.

This next one is also BDxAH, but the plant is super floppy, larfy on the bottom, and kinda has a “98 pound weakling” kinda vibe. Could surprise me, but I’m gonna say she’ll be the lightest yielder. In fact there are 3 of them total, and I really think they all needed a 2 month veg to really produce much.

A couple buds from the same '95Silver Haze x Sowah plant

And some big puff balls on the Afghan leaning Vietnam Bomb:

Last, another Ag HazexSowah lady, and this one has the fattest, meatiest pistils in the tent.

It’s day 50 for most plants in there 43 for a couple of the Blue Dream crosses.
Tagging the seed donors: @Dirt_Wizard @boatbum325 @SkunkHunt101

23 Likes

Hey @SkunkHunt101 do you have any idea which side super-thick pistils would be coming from?
Silver Haze or Sowah?
Edit: she’s also the taller of the two by at least a foot

2 Likes

Have you heard of Johnny Potseed’s post for a solution to Mites, Thrips, and Aphids? It is 100% safe as it uses food-grade ingredients. I will be making a batch this week to use in my IPM.

4 Likes

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Hahaha haha that one got me good.

@SEMOActivist I’m very familiar with it (got the “first post” in that thread actually), but I have no money for the ingredients to make the @JohnnyPotseed recipe.
Gonna have to stick to what I have on hand.
I’m definitely gonna whip up a batch in the future when I have the scratch, the thrips are killing me b/c they make my plants all blotchy, and they’ve made their way into my veg tent now as well.

6 Likes

I read the thread but you know how it is.

5 Likes

The most important post there is the one above mine, so yeah, I get it!

3 Likes

Pictures later (for real!) but I think the. bd x ah are only gonna go 9 weeks, and that’s pushing it.
Amber trichomes in the apical buds are multiplying, but there are still a good amount of clears. Waiting for mostly milky, which I think is 1 week away for the one that’s been in flower the longest, and 2 weeks for the ones that are behind it.
Home stretch on those.

4 Likes

I’m impressed at how long that VB is gonna go if that’s 50-55 days and still no shriveled pistils! I wonder if you’ve hit the fabled “Afghani structure with sativa qualities” mix where it’s gonna go 10-12 weeks and get fukin huge?

2 Likes

Brother, those are marketed as a 56-65 day strain,
and they are going to go another month! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am, just now, seeing the first round of pistils start to brown, but yeah I’m saying 11 weeks. Seems like the “Vietnam”, in Vietnam Bomb, is coming out to play
Again it is ALL OF THEM regardless of phenotype!

5 Likes

This phenomenon absolutely FUCKED me with the Maui Mango Haze plant. It yielded an ounce of mids and flowered for 12 weeks.
These, on the other hand are gonna be a qp each, and I’m praying they bring the heat!:grin::bear::+1:

5 Likes

Settle in my friends, and let’s take a wander through my tents. Obviously my pictures are great and you all need glasses.

The Vietnam Bomb, aka the 2 Towers and the Hobbit

Silver Haze x Sowahh getting a bit floppy, and very shimmery

The older blue dream

And the tent (guest starring @PhlizonGrowLight PH -B8-D 640 W BEAST)

@boatbum325 @SkunkHunt101 @Dirt_Wizard

31 Likes

But Heady Bear! What about the veg tent?
I’m glad you asked!
Sun Ra got a haircut to try to help address the thrips, also treated to an insecticidal soap soaking.

And the Nice Rogue are chugging along

@Rogue

20 Likes

Ayooooo!!! Thanks for the tag. Look at them gooo! Happy days!

I recently read about thrips that they don’t like high humidity, so I’ve been misting my plants several times during light cycle with tap water, seems to slow them down. :+1:
The fluoride in the tapwater should have a detrimental effect on the eggs as well.

1 Like

They’re beauties @Rogue !
They have stood tall and proud since they sprouted. Some of the sturdiest seedling stems I’ve encountered, and just classic looks.
I’m on a mission to encourage the departure of all thrips. Thinking about more nematodes to support the foliar sprays, but yeah, 2 tsp of my simple homemade soap in a gallon of water, applied with a sprayer, seems to help quite a bit.

2 Likes