HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

The two tall V. Bombs have pretty radically different bud structure:

19 Likes

Note for future reference:
Vietnam Bomb spear pheno is an N hog.
Yellowing at 10 weeks, but not senescence.
Fed her half strength JLF (arugula, Dandelion, cannabis) and she greened up a little.
Adding more to the build a bloom solution today.
When I grow her again, more nitrogen in the soil to start with, and/or continue low dose N well into flowering.

8 Likes

8 Likes

For real! 3 plants, 3 phenos!

1 Like

Hi I’m Swami, yes I crossed 4 separate landrace strains and didn’t bother to try to stabilize them at all before releasing them.
Pheno hunters dream

2 Likes

What people say is that he’s got access to some good genetics but doesn’t exactly have the most careful breeding practices. It seems like he works some lines a decent amount but most of the stable ones came to him that way and he chucks a lot without necessarily testing.

1 Like

Honestly, it looks like all 3 phenos are gonna be fire if they ever decide to frost up!
Structure is insane, bud development is massive, so I’m not mad about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I mean I cloned ALL THREE!

3 Likes

Well, it looks like the ladies I was gonna cut tomorrow are gonna go another week. Still too many clear trichs to call them ripe. They’ve started to yellow, but they still have life in em.

5 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard Swami just dropped his 2024 list for sale at the beginning of November, and I’m so curious about the BOEL Oaxaca x Cherry Bomb!
Knowing about his breeding style, I can’t imagine what I’d pull out if that!

3 Likes

He usually seems to do good sales around the holidays and tax time, I think I got my little collection all at 3pk/$100? I gave some away due to frustration with some early grows of his vs other seeds but kept some of the better sounding ones, you’re giving me hope here for the rest of those Vietnam Bomb seeds. I’ve also got his Nigerian Sunshine, M33 x R2NL2, and some NL5Hz thing with Gregs genetics

3 Likes

I really think there are gems in this line. The plants are magnificent and strong (they are easily my favorite plants in the tent), it’s just that there is zero consistency to the breeding. I’m not going to be the one to do this, but I bet someone could just take Swami seeds, find keepers, stabilize the lines, and have an elite collection. He basically does pollen chucks, which means the genetics are kind of an open source starting point
Bqsed on this experience, if the smoke test resonates with me, I would 100% take another chance with Swami seeds.

3 Likes

Pheno 1

Pheno 2 image

4 Likes

That is fucking perfect! :rofl::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The topped BD X AH have spaghetti noodle stems.
One top broke her stem, so I tossed it in a paper bag for an early bud.
Quick trimmed (and i missed and excised some bud as you can see):

17 Likes

Hey Heady it’s time baby! This is that three for $100 deal I was talking about:

5 Likes

Damn, there is definitely some stuff I want to explore… gotta see if I can scrounge up a hundo

2 Likes

I got ten on it that’s what’s in my Venmo right now if you want it big homie, I know you’ll do something interesting with them and I’m not buying seeds with $10 anywhere

2 Likes

What a gem ! Respect @Dirt_Wizard :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

You’re a gentleman and a scholar!

1 Like

2 years on the best forum to be found on the internet!!

16 Likes