HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

I understand. Be well buddy.

1 Like

Nice to take a break sometimes. I’m going to finish all my seed mailing by january first and then I am also going to take a break from sending seeds for a little while. Enjoy your vacation. With that Oaxaca floating around It’s sure to be a productive one.

4 Likes

Enjoy your adventure, Headybear! Happy holidays!

3 Likes

I bought a toy to help with my IPM/ pest control:

12 Likes

Yea I need one of those, they go on sale so cheap and we have a weedwacker with that battery good move man

1 Like

Thanks homie! Yeah I got one new in box on ebay for 30 bucks, free shipping.
I think it’s going to make spraying so much easier. The beneficial nematodes are still doing a good job of mitigating thrips, but I need to do a daily fogging for a week or so, and the sprayer has so much overspray and the coverage is sporadic.
I just want plants that aren’t speckled!!
You can get one “tool only” for like 20 bucks @Dirt_Wizard

3 Likes

Cross posting some pics of the 5 SunRa f2s I’ve been testing for Greasy.
Yes I still have thrips, and yes I stressed 2 of them out with a poor transplant, but they are BEAUTIES!
Also have a Nice Rogue, the purple bagseed, and a Samsquanch OG X Creme de la Chem auto as well as a Widow Maker auto in there, not pictured. I’ll get some shots of those tomorrow!

23 Likes

Man, those clips…if I knew how to add a gif it would be of some guy saying “genius, genius, genius!”

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::nerd_face::smile:

2 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard I’ve smoked a couple dried, uncured Vietnam Bomb buds, not sure which pheno they came from, because I found them under my trim station. Tried some yesterday, and again this evening, and I need to test further because it’s WEIRD!
I don’t feel super stoned after smoking it, but then I pass the fuck out, hard! It happened yesterday around 7 p.m., and tonight around 6, and I’m not particularly tired. I never ever fall asleep that early, so it definitely feels like it’s the weed.
I’m going to be very curious how this smokes after the cure, and what the various phenos are like, but so far, this ain’t no daytime bud!

7 Likes

There it is! :joy:

2 Likes

Okie doke, first impressions of the '95 Silver Haze x Sowahh @SkunkHunt101
This sample got over-dried, and represents my experience after an initial 1 month cure.
Even with only a short cure we have some nice flavors and aromas. Lemon and orange notes forward, with just a touch of diesel fuel on the back. My roommate took a hit and said "Whoa, this tastes really good! Taste is more intense than aroma so far, with a pretty full mouth feel, and the desire to smack the lips. Flavors are pretty much the same as the smell.
This is creeper herb; I smoke a bowl and then keep doing whatever I was doing. I don’t notice the stone creep in until all of a sudden I go “Whaaa? I’m fucking high!”
I feel the effects behind my eyes with a gentle, pleasant intracranial pressure. Body feels a little drunk, but not couch locked. I can just zone out real easy, and my thoughts come through in slow mo. The mind wanders.
Eyes get a little drier than usual, and after the initial stonier onset, there’s a sense of electrical activity kind of ping ponging around my brain. Still stoned though.
I like this quite a bit, but I should’ve waited until I was off work. :crazy_face::rofl::grin:
Much love skunkhunt101, this is some good herb!

10 Likes

Love some good creeper but man it’ll kick in at inoppertune time sometimes.

5 Likes

Preaching the truth!

3 Likes

Yeah… I found that out with blending Jew Gold 1974 + Queen Mother Sativa and then going to the grocery store…

It’s a 5 min drive… and when almost at the store my brain: “Dude, why are you in a video game?”

I’m used to it with panic and anxiety attacks so I just end up going right into controlled breathing methods (WHof) and refocus myself… though I hate when it needs to happen moving at 60km/h driving standard in traffic. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Wim Hof? I’ve got a cold plunge in my backyard that I love. We alternate hot tub and cold plunge several times, ending on cold.

3 Likes

Yep! :metal:

No dice on the cold plunge. Spending 5-6 years as a competitive swimmer I’m done with cold water :rofl:

Though I have a sauna and when we used it in the winter we’d do the hot + rolling around in the snow. It’s tooo much $$$$ to run so it’s now a storage room until I address update it.

4 Likes

I didn’t swim for years after I stopped competing. I swam from the time I was 8 until I was 16, but at that level I was in the water 3 hours a day, and I didn’t have any other life except school. After I stopped, I was like “WTF do you mean you do this for fun and relaxation?!”

4 Likes

dude the parallels between us is freaking me out!. I did 8-15, I broke down sobbing uncontrollably on the ride to signing up for what would have been the 6th year. Same 3 hours a day (am and pm) + Saturdays…

I was broken and already dealing with both physical and mental overload from being put into a “gifted program” from grade 3…

Yep. Not even a concept for me anymore. I’m in water it’s trauma and flashbacks. There’s bone conducting headphones now so you can do a 1500 without being alone with your thoughts for however long it took you… the dark shit that played out in my head combined with perpetually drowning while performing physical excursion really made the WHof method easy to learn and equally autopilot.

My folks couldn’t handle my ADHD so they kept me in after school sports programs to burn me out; which never worked until swimming… which to be fair thinking about it in my 40’s I wasn’t burned out from just the physical exertion… but primarly from the sheer lonelyness being a participant that had no friends in the club, was bullied by my peers because I didn’t fit in with the overall group.

Provincials in Thunder Bay at the age of 12 was so depressing I didn’t talk the entire week and had to hang out with the chaperone the entire time because of the bullying.

Granted this shit makes you stronger and the moment I see anyone getting bullied I end up right there even though they may be complete strangers.

All hero’s are bullies, just with morals aligned with those that call them a hero. :ok

8 Likes

Agreed. If we meet it might cause a rift in space-time

Life so many things in my life, I equated being good at something to wanting to do it.
Then when I had done it for so long, and still felt unhappy I thought something was wrong with me.
And yeah, bullies. I don’t want to get into it, but I can relate.
Maybe sometime we’ll get the chance to chop it up in person where my ADHD doesn’t say “Stop typing and go do something else!”

3 Likes