HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

Lol, culinary school? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A couple dumb questions for ya.lol. Does your micro tea work to hit any plant with or just before you add your jms? Those little seedlings are they in garden fabric, if there is such a thing, or is that premade pots? Thanks. Plants look great.

So the JMS (JADAM Microbial Solution) helps to seed the soil with microlife, and also to boost it during growth, so you’ll see me applying it monthly to my pots.
I’ll be attempting this run using only JADAM/KNF amendments; I currently have canna JLF, arugula JLF, and food scrap JLF (that one is way too strong, so I’ll have to dilute it more). I also have JADAM wetting agent, water soluble CaPO4, and water soluble K.

Regarding the pots:

4 Likes

Update!
Everybody is looking healthy and happy, and I’ve been going into the tent every day and doing affirmations out loud to them (yes, seriously; I tell them how beautiful they are, how strong they are, how well they’re growing, how much resin they’re going to produce, etc etc., it’s a total love fest)

So there are 2 distinct Vietnam Bomb phenos. One is growing vertically fast, and presenting deep serrations on semi-elongated leaves.

The other has rounded leaf tips, and gentle, shallow serrations, along with a squat, slower growing structure and very tight node spacing.
@Dirt_Wizard

The Blue Dream x Azure Haze plants are uniform so far @boatbum325

And the '95 Silver Haze x Sowahh are also showing very little variation at this stage. @SkunkHunt101

Oaxacan Gold were, as you know, irregular in their sprouting times, but regardless of stage, they’re looking good. @Upstate

Here’s the most mature one

23 Likes

Yes I always do too, I think my girl gets jealous of how nice I talk to the plants haha. It totally helps in my opinion

4 Likes

Ofcourse it helps! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Looooking gooood.

1 Like

You, me, Natea, and Dr. Emoto get it. :wink:

Thanks my friend. This is my cleanest start so far, and I’m very pleased with it. Biggest difference this time was PREPARATION. I had the soil and inputs that I needed, before I needed them, and I had a full plan of what the grow progression is going to look like (as well as an understanding that the plan may need to be tweaked or completely altered.) before the seeds hit the dirt.
I also researched each of the strains to the very best of my ability and have appropriate tools on hand (synthetic string, LST clips, a cheap seedling tray cloning setup, fully fermented nutrients, etc.).
It really helps me because now I can recognize a need in the tent, and respond in the moment vs. “I need to run to the hydro shop tomorrow” and then it’s 2 days before I can intervene.
Feeling good.
Feeling loose.

10 Likes

That’s really good man. Glad you have piece of mind. Now that i have been running g the same strains for a bit I have a good handle on what they need and how they are and what not. Growing them has seemed to become easier each run. Its nice. I stick with the same stuff every time and it works out well.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to that as I get these tents dialed in. Right now, it’s all still very fiddly for me. I just haven’t grown enough plants to have that level of comfort…I will soon!

3 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures slow and steady wins the race :slight_smile: and simplicity rules! I got one more :slight_smile: it’s about the Journey not the destination :slight_smile: I have found truth in all these things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wise words.

And let’s not forget the prime directive:

*image courtesy of @ReikoX

14 Likes

Photone app indicates 4950K color temp at the current setting for the @PhlizonGrowLight
Setting is “2”, or the first visible increase in brightness from the “low” setting.
PPFD reads 120 at 36 inches to the leaf surface.
I’ll kick it up a notch and measure it again once the baby Oaxacan get a little bigger.

4 Likes

Gotta love “Spank the Tiger” sauce.

5 Likes

Snapped a fast overview this morning:

Very happy with the third round so far!
I’m going to push the light past 200 PPFD (Increased to 225) for the first time today, but that’s because they are officially vegging, not because they are stretchy or pale…internode spacing has continued to be stacked under the new Phlizon 8-bar.
No appearance by the Beyond the Brain, but that’s actually okay; I have 15 healthy plants.
If you’ve missed it previously, those are
Oaxacan Gold-4
95 Silver Haze x Sowahh-3
Blue Dream x Azure Haze-4
Vietnam Bomb-4

Everybody will be topped once at 6 nodes, down to 3.
I’m going to use a method I learned from @ReikoX to try to determine sex early, by giving everyone 2 days of 12/12 and then returning to 16/8. I’m hoping this saves me some unnecessary up-potting.
Reiko, what plant age do you recommend for that technique?

Edit: these all sprouted within 72 hours of each other (barring the baby Oaxacan), so for the sake of round numbers, today is 2 weeks above ground for everyone.

23 Likes

I usually wait until they have about six nodes then give them 2-3 nights of 12/12. I just flipped these plants back to 18/6 after three nights.

16 Likes

Cool technique I had not heard of that one, have you ever heard starting seeds on 12/12 and then to 18/6 after they show sex? @ReikoX supposedly they don’t have an issue going into veg mode due to being so young. followed someone on IG that swore by that method

Thanks homie, and offhand what’s the window to start seeing sex

1 Like

I’m gonna try this after I chop my flowering tent tomorrow, I have so many plants vegging and not wanting to show sex this round🙁

4 Likes

New shoes day. :mans_shoe:
Everybody is headed toward the 6th node which is when I like to top, so all plants went to 1 gallon containers (not the Oaxaca, don’t worry @Upstate I’m using the brakes).
They’re all moving fast, so this may be a 4-5 week veg, vs. the 6 weeks that I had planned.
The second Oaxacan appears to be under control on the 1/2 gallon, so that one is still vegging until the end of the week. The other 2 are also regular growers, so they have 2 weeks of veg left, but need to be moved to 1/2 gal. containers.
Another change of plan is that I’m going from 1 gallons to 5 gallons without the 3G transplant for the hybrid strains.

26 Likes