HELP! DOG drank Megacrop

Just caught my dog drinking out of the Megacrop water! Not very much, but do I need to rush her to the vet?
She seems fine right now. Can’t get a hold of my vet

1 Like

I don’t think it will be an issue if the dose rate is low. There are some chelated metals but no pesticides or herbicides. What was the EC? How much?

https://www.cuteness.com/article/symptoms-experiences-after-eating-fertilizer

6 Likes

1 Tbsp in 5 gallons water. Caught her while she was drinking. It couldn’t have been that much.

I’m not seeing any symptoms on her dumb ass! She seems fine. She’s a big dog. 70lbs. I’m gonna keep an eye on her. I’m so freaked out!

4 Likes

Probably won’t hurt anything.

1 Like

Yea, small amount, should be just fine. Keep an eye out. That’s about all unless she starts showing atypical behavior.

2 Likes

Thanks! The poison control says mild to moderate toxicity and I was gone for 30 seconds max when I caught her drinking it. OMG! Damn dog is gonna be the death of ME! So far, still nothing 45 mins later

1 Like

She might get one hell of a stomach ache though!

1 Like

Big dog, small dose, with any luck she’ll be fine.

Say, you got a cover for that rez?

3 Likes

I had just mixed it in a bucket and walked back to the garage to put the nutes away, came back and caught her. Couldn’t have been more than 30 seconds. Next time I will lock her out of the backyard while I feed the plants. Ugh!

4 hours later… She is fine. No changes! Thank the Universe!!

4 Likes

Be sure to store the bag in a plastic container too. I don’t know if it has blood or bone meal in it, but if it does then dogs (and other animals) LOVE that stuff.

Edit: Never mind, I see that it doesn’t have either. Probably should still store it in a plastic container just in case.

3 Likes

anything with fish in it drives her and the cat crazy. All my nutes and such have their own place in a cabinet in the garage

:dog2: :heart:

i totally sympathize & think she’ll be ok. thankfully it was MegaCrop & not MiracleGrow… :wink:

:evergreen_tree: :pray: edit: you should ask MegaCrop directly here IMO

3 Likes

I sent them an email. Haven’t heard back

just treat it like any other funk the dog gets into & relax, maybe feed some rice with the next meal or some other gut scrubber. and treatibles. :wink: :cookie:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Update: Jezebel, my crazy pitbull is fine! Boy did she give me a scare! She seems unfazed. Thank dog!

6 Likes

when i was using mega crop i caught my lil pup drinking out of the runoff and i was using 1 and a half tbs to 1 gal. he is fine still no abnormality’s

2 Likes

I bet you see some good growth in him. will you be switching him to flower soon?

5 Likes

He could be an auto :grin:

11 Likes