Herbs Now Dryer

The circuit of a dehydrator is probably very similar, but with a higher degree thermostat switch, or some sort of variable one. Replace it with a $7 thermostat that switches at a lower temperature and suddenly the $50 dehydrator is a $200 weed drying chamber. Not saying you necessarily want to go the DIY route but I’m distrustful of companies that do shit like this. Slap a weed name on something and then charge through the nose because weed.

1 Like

It is green though.

1 Like

Appreciate the snarky comments from folks who want attention. Have you ever been in the same room as one? What do you have to contribute? You good? I get it. Change is hard. There’s resistant to change and theres arms folded ‘i know how and thats wrong’ kinda folks. Anything marketed to the Cannabis community includes a markup. What kinda lights you use? Tent? Nutes? You have one of those fancy environment controller thingys? But you wanna save me $300? Foh. If it doesn’t work then it’ll cost you nothing to find out. If it does…

Ordered with the extra trays and carbon filter. Should have a report in 2-3 weeks.

Stay tuned

Be easy

And spark Mad-Izm

7 Likes

My opinon is grow more weed than you smoke and then you dont have to rush the most important part of your grow.

5 Likes

Lots of non adjustable dehydrators have an adjustable thermostat since they cost about the same.

If you see something like this covered in hot glue/silicone, dig the glue out. Turn the inner screw 1/4 turn clockwise and check the temp. (Make sure to find a good arbitrary before /after measuring spot, like where the buds are going to be, not the element itself).

===============================

A non adjustable ($40 Presto) looks like this:

Stock @ 165°F

If Bayarealivingsoil wants to share some temp measurements maybe he can recover some of his community investment through thank you donations. I have no idea what the perfect temps are I only use mine for fruit.

2 Likes

i’ve used it for fruit, tomatos, herbs, but never nugs. don’t see why it wouldn’t be okay.

My legal plant count is 4.

Now, keeping it less than a felony is 49. Different situations require different tools. I dry a lot more than weed at the house, so I’m interested to see how this plays out.

Eta: I’m interested to see if they still sound like an airplane taking off and make everything taste like plastic, green or otherwise.

And since we’re listing things trying to get our money, I want a freeze dryer. I want to put weed and Skittles and everything in there.

6 Likes

Definitely with ya on freeze dryer does some magic with bubble and buds all the same. Skittles are addicting,a buddy wants one bad to,walks into store and one there for sale teasing him. Bit pricey but man I want

4 Likes

If I had $200 and wanted a dehydrator I’d get this one. It goes to 90, which is not low to me, but the herbs now didn’t seem to say what temp their low was actually.

I hope it works out for you. I’ve not had good experience with that style and I’ve used quite a few. (I grew up in a religion where families got together a LOT to can and preserve)

2 Likes

Im all down for new things, and it does have more use than just weed. But Ill stick to a week or 2 hang. I would like to see how this compares though.

Plus if your doing edibles and dont need it to be a perfect dry and cure and just need it presserved for a later time I could see a use.

I’m just set in my ways.

2 Likes

Well said and look forward to the update.:100::beers:

Lol. Gotta feeling more of the same to follow.

Who hurt yall?

3 Likes

^^Communion coming down soon. If the dryer arrives in time gonna do half in machine and half in bathroom.

Peace

8 Likes

This should be cool to see !!! Throw a data logger in there so we can see your numbers during drying for temp RH ect… Cheers !!!

1 Like

Looking beautiful Bay absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like the company to confirm. I got the 80F from this review, which is worth a read.

3 Likes

Yeah i read that a few dsys ago. More marketing than review. I bought one though. Haha

1 Like

I just saw a post by the dryer sheets founder that was swiftly deleted. All I can say is that seeing that post makes me never want to buy one of these. I am glad I saw that. The mods are really thorough here! No need to throw everything else under the bus cuz you’re “selling.” That’s not a good salesperson.

1 Like

I noticed an HerbsNow account is that what you mean? Was the post deleted?

1 Like

Ehh :man_shrugging: for me personally, it’s just more “moving parts” to deal with

I prefer to do as much stuff by hand as I can, to reduce or eliminate “unitask” devices like a trim bowl, or in this case a drying device. Hang drying has never let me down, so far

On that note though, I’d still love to get a wine fridge or something like that, to long-term store my jars

2 Likes