Holy's Garden (Part 2)

I was thinking about this last night and just wanted to add that I really agree with this take.

6 Likes

Thanks I hope so too! There was 13 beans in the container and theyā€™re all wet now. See how many sprout.
Up then down, sleepy ending, is good enough for me :slight_smile: Just need something for end of the night really. If they donā€™t turn out Iā€™ll try and see about my last pack of Herijuana, and if that doesnā€™t work, then iā€™ll soak those sour bubble ix. Hopefully nighttime herb by Christmas :joy:

Interesting on the sfv/tk x urkle being nighttime weed :thinking: Both the SFV and TK keep me up tho :sweat_smile: I donā€™t really care for Urkle but itā€™s been so long since Iā€™ve had it I find it hard to remember anythingā€¦ memorable about it :thinking:

I should be getting @hoss8455 Impure Kush #5 cut today that is the LAPK x Italian Beef, maybe thatā€™ll do it all by itself :thinking:

9 Likes

In the meantime, some DZ info

And some 86 UW HP info:

10 Likes

Ordered another 2 boxes of these Lylee self watering pots
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGPCTHSB
Will put me at 12 total. See if I can put them to use.

@Jetdro are you still putting the netcup in the fabric bag for these like the legit octoā€™s, or are using wicks?

I also 3d printed a 12 port water distributor for possibly doing top-feeds but I havenā€™t gotten around to messing with it yet :thinking: I like my lazy bottom feeding :joy:

9 Likes

I need to try bottom feeding again. I got paranoid for a few months there cause of hlvd. Still am, really.

2 Likes

No joke! Had HLVD 2 or 3 times now and started over from scratch each time :see_no_evil:

Thatā€™s why everything is in their own individual bottom feeding trays now made out of meal kit tupperware :joy: Clone-onlyā€™s in their own separate trays in an entirely different room/area. Not taking in anything thatā€™s not tested and anything even slightly looking funny is going in the trash. Bleach everywhere :joy:

9 Likes

Iā€™m low key paranoid I actually have it in my garden. But then i remind myself, I had a whole pest issue and then that i sprayed down every plant 5x with double dose spinosad which made them look like shit. And i stopped feeding because the soil is hot so some plants are suffering inequal ratios or whatever in the soil. When I look at the tops or healthy plants, it looks normal. So itā€™s like, itā€™s probably just stress and poor health.

But Iā€™m still paranoid because, you knowā€¦

2 Likes

Ah yeahā€¦ and depending on the pest, they can spread it themselves. Like the Silverleaf Whiteflyā€™s I had, they feed off the plant juices so if they travel from one infected cut to a clean one, bam, both infected :confused:

To be fair though, the zigzag stem symptom doesnā€™t seem entirely specific to HLVD. Seen a few plants with extreme zigzag but then tested clean :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. Peach and root aphids, I believe, along with bottom watering devastated my garden last year.

I was gonna say, zig zag stems are prominent on some plants especially OGs

3 Likes

Itā€™s why I stopped growing outdoor, because thatā€™s where the peach aphids came from. Weird looking buggers. I realized Iā€™d have to cut and process it outdoors even if I avoided bringing pests in by proximity. It was just a no go being on my porch deck thing.

2 Likes

Overall my plan is just to keep on trucking. Hands on experience and discussing these cultivars and issues online with fellow enthusiasts has done a lot. Got seeds to pop for decades even if I need to do a reset.

3 Likes

Hey. I just ordered some of those the other day because i seen schmarmpits grow using them. I ordered the white ones becauase they were cheaper.

3 Likes

Out of likes but hell yeah! Tag me please if you get em going before I do. Definitely seem like an easy way to go ^^

2 Likes

Nothing i have ever done before. Im assuming im just going to take a fabric pot and cut a hole in the bottom for the net pot thingy. Trying to figure out a way to leave for a few days and not stress about my plants.

3 Likes

I take extreme precautions growing outdoors I always take a shower right after throw my cloths in the washer and donā€™t go near my tents for awhile after have been lucky so far :crossed_fingers: would hate to being aphids or mites or white flys that are all outdoor here :sweat_smile: in my opinion white flies are worse then spider mites they where ruthless my first outdoor season

7 Likes

Yeah I think the urkle brings the sleepy component and mellows the heady high from tk/sfv. This pheno was definitely urkle dominant, small little slow growing plant. Itā€™s delicious too - purple candy with a garlicy hoppy finish.

That might do it as well if that pheno leans towards LAPK - I find it to be suuuper stoney and sleepy. Very tasty and stinky too.

8 Likes

Urkle is definitely a sleeper, for sureā€¦ pretty consistently sleepy even when it isnā€™t fully amber. I havenā€™t found many consistently sleepy strainsā€¦ the ones that initially seem to make me sleepy give me energy after the first few days of smoking them :sweat_smile: I love my LAPK, but its not sleepy at all most daysā€¦ it will occasionally make me tired, but only occasionally. MAC 1 is a lot like bubba, I can wake and bake and smoke here all day long with no tiredness at all no matter how much I smoke. Bobgrows 90ā€™s kush is one that consistently makes me sleepy, itā€™s pretty good at thatā€¦ but its not an immediate tiredness. My girl and I have some wedding cake and Ice cream cake that can be smoked all day long (like TK) without any tiredness, but if we smoke them and then smoke something else (chem or kush), that will knock us the heck outā€¦ but only if we smoke a different strain, they are all up highs otherwise.

I hope you find one that works for ya!
:v:

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s my guess too. Set it up just like an octo. I know I read the posts from Jetdro and Schmarmpit but I canā€™t remember now what they did :joy: And definitely my plan too! Wife wants to go on a few trips this year and I need a way to be gone. I have the flood and drain butā€¦ momā€™s and stuff tooā€¦ Seemed like the best route.

Ah gotcha. That definitely makes sense :slight_smile:

Yeah this is kind of my issue too. And things that probably shouldnā€™t be sleepy can knock me out, and things that otherā€™s say are sleepy for them, keep me awake. Like thereā€™s a pheno in the C5SensiStar and the NorthStar that are 100% KO weed for me. Grows and smells like haze but knockout. Maybe itā€™s the SensiStar pheno :man_shrugging: but the other phenos are daytime weed.

I wondered on the LAPK. Iā€™m not aware if Iā€™ve ever had that one or not so wasnā€™t sure on the effects. I did get the Impure Kush #5 cut so I should find out before too long ^^

That Matt Berger Bubba Kush though gives me energy for a solid hour after smoking it. If Iā€™m sleepy I can smoke that and itā€™ll pick me up.

MAC1 generally does make me kinda tired or unfocused the times Iā€™ve had it. Like, I would prefer to not have it be the only herb I have at work to smoke on, if at all. Chilling at home or something though, sure. Especially since for me, the effects from it doesnā€™t last very long, but combined with the God Bud 2.0 I know is night time herb, figured maybe itā€™d work? idk, not gonna find out anytime soon now :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome to the club @BuckBreeder and @HolyAngel! They really do kickass for the price. The only reason I didnā€™t go for the white ones was concern about algae. Same reason I went with black tubing and fixtures and res. But the plastic is so thick I doubt it would be an issue.

2 gal is about the biggest fabric pot that will fit the base. Maybe a tall 3gal. I just cut an X in the bottom middle of the fabric pot so the net pot would snuggly push through.

8 Likes

Very nice! I went with the brown for the same reason. Figured itā€™d cut down on possible algae and less visibly dirty in general.

2gal fabric pot is huge! :joy: Iā€™ve been running 1/4 and 1/2 gallon pots for the last couple years now :sweat_smile: i donā€™t even know if i have any 1 gallons :thinking: Iā€™ll see if i can play around with them this weekend :+1:

5 Likes