Holy's Garden (Part 2)

Wait…did I miss a posting? I dont recall you posting that you were reversing these, are those nards all up in those pix?

13 Likes

I think they’re actually flower nodes. The God Bud 2.0 I ran a couple years back looked the same way and no balls/nanners there, just some super dense flowers. It’s that or this is gonna be the biggest herm fest I’ve ever seen :rofl:

11 Likes

God Bud 2.0 @GramTorino cut

13 Likes

My fingers are crossed that my eyes have deceived me :sweat_smile: I am hoping for the best, these should be some great plants

5 Likes

Oh holy cr@p :sweat_smile: Yeah, deceiving :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Me too! If they’re indeed balls across the 3 best females I found in a whole packs worth of beans, the whole line is going in the trash. The parents were stable af tho. The male was the same used for the SSDD F2 BX1 and in at least a hundred+ plants I’ve not heard of a single nanner or ball from anyone. The girl went through the standard tests and passed with flying colors, she just wasn’t quite as good as her mom so she got tossed.

16 Likes

Is it a thing when all the cuts you don’t care about, root immediately. And all the ones that caught your eye/you hope root, take forever? :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

“Wolfman’s got nards” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

with TK it definitely is, lol

Irene roots just fine for me though

5 Likes

Every damn time.

7 Likes

I actually haven’t found one that’s hard to clone. Some take longer! I follow a series of “rules” to make sure the clone roots. If any one of the rules is violated, the probability of failure starts to rise. I’ll do dumb shit like only take a single clone no sweat. I call it balls out when you perform an insane task like that.

9 Likes

This is me :joy: only took one clone of each of the TriForce girls. One rooted immediately, even had roots sticking up out of the root riot, meanwhile the other clone doesn’t have anything visible at all. I took two clones of everything else but even in those, the plants I want to root haven’t done much while the other one’s are going gangbusters. Didn’t even use any cloning gel/powder this time at all. Just snipped and stuck in the root riot and into the clone dome.

12 Likes

I am not even sure what the gel really does ? According to the bottle it helps seal it an feed it…

Seems a little redundant though when you have similar ingredients in clone nutes. :thinking: Haven’t noticed much difference skipping it 🤷🏼

5 Likes

Cloning gel and powder typically have hormones in them to promote rooting. Typically IBA.

Generally they just make it work faster, in my experience, and using too much is detrimental. So I just skip it because I’m poor af

9 Likes

Ahh makes sense because I am never in a hurry I don’t even keep track of how long it takes lol :laughing: I only care about success rate and quality :thinking:

3 Likes

I find that a 100% rate is possible to achieve as @JoeCrowe mentioned above

It’s a series of principles that, if violated, will lead to chance of failure

5 Likes

Each time they fail, you have to analyze the failure and determine what caused it. Almost like Occam’s razor the only thing left is success. I tick 'em off. Clean res, check , air bubbles, check, 18C check… etc. The latest one I learned was never clone more than one species of plant in the same container. Peppers and weed was fine but pelargoniums and weed leads to 100% failure.

8 Likes

I clone with plugs but it’s a similar idea. Minimum level of lighting, appropriate level of water and humidity, appropriate temperature ranges, healthy cuttings, less overcrowding.

Like you said, analyze why things fail

5 Likes

I find that smaller, weak cuttings and overcrowding, and neglect, are the main modes of failure.

6 Likes

I’ve never really thought about the root causes, but I would say from the images it was always pathogens. Even with the pelargoniums, there were acariform mites that chewed on the cannabis clones. No matter what triggered it, there was always some kind of pathogen that took out the clone.

8 Likes