Holy's Garden (Part 2)

Bodhi over here selling crosses with elites for $40 a pack looks a hell of a lot better.

Granted Fletcher is doing work over there, generally not one-off crosses.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not particularly interested in that method because I found part of autistic burnout is ignoring my true dreams of enjoying myself / my passions and mixing in hustling for money is stressful and fucks with the overall ā€œvisionā€

But I understand why some of these dudes are total sellouts

Disrespectful to the communityā€¦ yes and no. Iā€™ve talked about how my overall issue is with Financialization and capitalism, not ā€œrespecting the plantā€

Why should I respect a plant more than the homeless people in my country

1 Like

And yes I respect fletcher putting work in, at least he iterates not just like pollen chucking

1 Like

I do find it disrespectful to overcharge people money to cash in on their FOMO lately with how the economy is doing lately

As I learned more about the community I felt like itā€™s wrong to try and upsell people on hype pollen chucks. Itā€™s part of why Iā€™ve never sold any beans as a label, I didnā€™t wanna do a quick reversal to bank myself on consumer ignorance

But my housing is safe, I get government assistance, I have a family to help me (not depend on me)

I canā€™t speak for others who donā€™t have the same life

2 Likes

Exactly.

Iā€™m not in it for the money either. No one should have to pay for my beans. Shipping is one thing, but Itā€™s why I label all my packs as ā€˜Not For Saleā€™ right on them. You donā€™t want them, give them to someone who does, donā€™t sell them. If anyone should be making money off my direct work it should be me :rofl: and iā€™m passing on that for the plant and the people. To get the genetics out there.

11 Likes

I agree

I learned a lot about how only a few people make it

Not cool to take food or money off someoneā€™s table in general

Like Iā€™m not gonna worry about people like karma or jbeezy, I know the lifestyle they have and so forth (canna scene is basically the Witcher ballroom)

But a lot of our friends are barely making it or getting the credit they deserve. I never liked that, a lot of them are cool dudes!

That lemon tree guy got fucked big time

1 Like

I would expect itā€™s from over watering. More specifically not letting the soil dry out enough.

Some varieties canā€™t handle sitting in water for very long and prefer to be on the drier side. Highland Afghanistan is notoriously dry so that would explain why you saw it with those before.

Infection just takes advantage of already dying roots like a person with open wound can have an infection progress to loose a limb and eventually die.

Same way you can treat the raging infection with fungicide to slow it down, but you also have to dry them out to allow the roots to thrive.

3 Likes

Would this apply to a tres dawg relative too?

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s my thought as well. I have a jungle type setup over here, not a desert :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Probably mislabeled. Iā€™ve only gotten real OG from a dispensary in oregon once.

Any of the OGs with recognizable names like sfv, tahoe, larry, platinum, etc,
are all fakes that have all been blatantly mislabeled.

The only time I had real OG in an oregon dispensary was a specific batch labeled ā€œOriginal OG.ā€ The buds were tiny compared to everything else in stock, so the batch was around for like a month because no one else was buying it. They acknowledged they called it original OG to show that this one was actually real og, but never stocked it again because of the poor sales.

I havenā€™t been buying dispensary bud in about 3-4 years. but basically when rec legalization started all the OGs in dispensaries were fake, and that totally killed the local market for OG by ruining the reputation of the OG name.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s been so hard for me to find any genuine cuts out here.

Same thing happened with blue dream, it was all mislabeled fakes, that killed the reputation, now itā€™s rarely seen and when you do see it, the cut is fake.

Itā€™s been almost ten years since I left the bay area and lost access to all the cuts I used to grow.

Now the real Tahoe OG and Blue Dream are both back in my garden finally. just need to quarantine, test, and clone them out.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s why I try and recommend specific vendors that get legit feedback

Kinda disappointed in the rarebuyer tk thing

Itā€™s why Iā€™m also like rolling my eyes when people complain when they see the price tagā€¦ like damn dawg do you want the right plant or not?

4 Likes

Also incredible averse at this point to any sour diesel that starts with ā€œajsā€

1 Like

:joy: lol I find that the hardest thing to balance growing mixed clones you can sometimes have big difference in roots and water uptake. Nutrients are easy to balance if you donā€™t try to push it too hard, but water you would have to predict before transplanting. :grin:

I often end up with OG plants that are still heavy while hybrids like Piescream wilt. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yet another reason I wanna breed plants. Tailor them to my needs hehe in effects and growing style etc

Youā€™re telling me! And a friend too. He spent the $$ to get it to me, if not to get the cut himself. And then the time put in to grow it. All just to get a different plant thatā€™s not as good :cry: I mean itā€™s not a bad plant in her own right. Itā€™s just not that other one.

3 Likes

It really sucks cause heā€™s like one of the few clone vendors Iā€™d trust to recommend to others

And now itā€™s likeā€¦ better stick to recommending Joe while disclosing to be on your best behavior, lol

2 Likes

Really frustrating that every clone vendor seems to cut corners at some point

1 Like

Alright, triforce 5 and 6 and the c5ss f4 #2 are in flower now. Forgot to actually set the timer to ā€˜timerā€™ mode and not just ā€˜onā€™ :joy:.

I pulled out the tk and ssdd for now and put them into the 2x2 for further veg before flip. Figure a week or so. Sooner for the tk most likely.

I got the 2gal tall fabric pots and damn if they arenā€™t tall! :joy:
I uppotted the mamilks, turbo start, but woke up this morning to them bone dry and wilting so I had to water over the top of them. See if they look better tonight or if im gonna have to run them from clone instead :thinking:

11 Likes

Same here!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been running the 3 gallon talls with the littler octos. In flower I can get two days without leaf drop. I do use the plastic ones over the top in the summer to help keep down the tents humidity. In the winter I run without the plastic one over.

3 Likes