Honest Opinions please

i don’t think you can get too much light inside as long as you’re not burning them. but i’ve never ran autos before.

1 Like

I agree with @sfzombie13 . Bruce Bugbee says that you can pound cannabis with as much light as you can make ( even seedlings) and they will laugh at you. But watch the temperature.

2 Likes

My biggest concern is if I add the new light and jump to 550w total, im gonna end up killing my plant that I have spent 28 days getting to where its at. I have decent airflow so i dont THINK heat should be too much of a concern.

Dr. Bugbee says that IF you have ALL of the other environmental factors adjusted correctly. It’s an important qualifier.

5 Likes

Well, I think the only fact that I might not have or be able to cover is CO2. I have a DIY CO2 Generator, but I doubt its putting out a ton of CO2. Its basically a Sugar wash Fermenting in the tent( I make wine,beer, and mead) and the by product of fermentation is CO2. Plus if the things I have read are right, the ambient CO2 where im growing should be higher than the rest of the house anyway since its in a basement, and both the furnace and Hot water heater are down here, plus CO2 being heavier than air tends to sink to the basement anyway.

1 Like

worth a read.

2 Likes

vinegar and baking soda in a bottle, covered with a balloon with a hole in it, gives off co2 on the cheap. i’d think it would be ok to put up to 1000w in that area as long as it doesn’t get too hot, but that’s just a thought with nothing to back it up. i definitely would not worry about 550w. i would also get a second opinion before ruining my run though.

2 Likes

~150w per square foot. Are you serious when you say you think that would be fine in a less than 3x3 space?

2 Likes

Well, If I put both lights in I will be at 79.83 watts per square foot so not really close to 150w, but would that be too much? my space is 2ft7in x 2ft8in so close to 3x3 but not quite lol

I was referring to his 1000watts comment.
Yes, I believe 550 is too much as well, but have at it if you want to try. Maybe it’ll work and produce like crazy

3 Likes

So do you think if i put both in it would be safer to run them at 75% power? 50%Power? I kind want both in just so i have blanket coverage of the whole tent. 75% power would be 412.5 watts. 50 % would be 275w. What would you do if you were me?

I’d shoot for 30-35ish watts per Sq ft. 40 would be pretty high imo but I’m sure people do it. @Crafty_Flame what do you think? Just for reference I’m running ~730 watts in a 5x5. For flower.

2 Likes

So you would run just the 400w light at about 60% power which would give about 35w per sq ft? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont want to screw this up, plus, I have ADHD and I am likely on the autism specturm, some times i have to ask the same thing three or four ways before it really clicks in my head on how it works.

2 Likes

I’d probably go closer to 300, but ya. What’s your current lights on temps? What do you have for air extraction?

1 Like

So 400w light at 75% power? that would hit 300w in the tent.

Current lights on temp is around 79 to 82 (If the moniter is accurate) and for air exchange I have a 6in vent fan blowing out and a 4in vent fan blowing in(i screwed up and ordered the wrong size on the second vent fan cause i already had the 6in fan)

This is whats monitering the temp and humidity(its what i could afford)

It’s going to get warmer with more watts, I wouldn’t want to be much higher than 83 or so.

3 Likes

I could be wrong on the temp tho, I dont have the best most accurate things for measuring I will say it does not feel hot or overly warm at all when I open the tent

i’ve done it before with a 1000w hps, but not leds. i suppose it would be close to the same, as long as the temps are cool enough. i was fortunate to have a hell of a cooler on my light mounted outside the box. come to think of it the box was 40"x40"x48" so slightly bigger than 3’x3’ but if it was 80" tall it was close to the same cubic footage. that’s why i put the part in there about the second opinion. i am still of the opinion that as long as the temps are right you can’t get too much light, unless you’re getting more than the sun puts out. i’d think you would run out of space to mount them before getting too many. maybe referring to lights by wattage is the wrong thing to do. not like they match up well watt for watt comparing hid lighting to leds anyway. confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

2 Likes

It would be a complete waste to run that type of wattage with LED, in that small of a space, especially when he’s already in the high 70s low 80s with 150 watts already.

1 Like