How many f5+ seeds are out there on OG?

So this isn’t a call for seeds just a genuine question. I’ve received more than a kind amount of beans here on OG but I really just took all of them as being f1’s unless it states otherwise on their pack like I received the Goji OG BX F2, some Good Medicine F3 etc. all great stuff that I’m thankful for. What made me ask this question is I saw somewhere on another thread that the temple flo from the last box was an f7? So I was curious as to how many beans are out there and IBL

8 Likes

I’ve got an F9 and an F4.

And if the Flo is F7 I’ve got that too.

10 Likes

Thanks for chiming in Foreigner, have you done any projects with the F9? I think the Temple Flo at F7 is my most stable batch of beans rn unless the Sheelavathi as a landrace is also IBL

3 Likes

Projects not so much with the F9 but I grew 2 of them and there was some really good uniformity.

I’m currently working with the F4 for breeding though.

4 Likes

@JAWS got them f gens

4 Likes

Uniformity is the name of the game that deep in so that’s a good thing. Hope those f4’s give you something good

1 Like

Hoss I do remember seeing Jaws list of stable stuff in one of the seed collection threads

2 Likes

Me too. I’m hoping to cross stable to stable but we will see what happens.

3 Likes

Breeding sisters using sts Will give more uniformity too if taken to F6 and beyond?

1 Like

There’s COPA GSD F6.

4 Likes

I believe that’s right as it takes away the random variables from a male, the other option is back crossing for stability after f6? Is that true?

1 Like

I work with autos,so backcross Is not and option for me sadly atm.So what can help stability with autos?Crossing beyond f6 sisters?
@Sodapop

2 Likes

That’s a great question, you might have to take that to one of the auto threads! I’m not familiar with breeding autos

2 Likes

Those must be pretty killer beans with GG4 and SSDD as it’s lineage. I know I said I’m not looking for seeds but I may have to find a way to trade for those one day when I have some beans made.

4 Likes

@Sodapop , the Mephisto Blood Orange Haze i reproduced with STS WAS an F5 when they were sold. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Mephisto seems to only release things over f5, if I remember correct my CDC were f7, Double Grape was f5, and mango smile was f7 as well! I see a lot of folks on Reddit buying Mephisto beans and breeding them through reversal straight out of the pack.

4 Likes

They’re worth doing this with! Meph = small plants but terps for days!

I got a reproduction running right now of Hubbabubbasmelloscope and a single plant cross going with the HBSS x Blood Orange Haze.

The BOH is blinding with a :camera_flash: so I’m extra excited for this cross to actually run as flower! :rofl:

8 Likes

I should’ve been more proactive with mine! I’ll definitely keep that in mind when I get more Mephisto autos. I was a big fan of how well the Mango Smile did as an outdoor plant like even as lollipops I managed about a half Oz off each. They went through a lot too because I popped them right before I got Covid and it sat me down for a few months.

Those sound killer Pigeon, I got some nice crosses from Yeti that I’m saving until I’m a a bit more proficient at growing.

If you speaketh of @Yetigrows STRAWBERRY SHORTCRACKGROW THAT OUT!!! I DID AND IT BLEW OUR MINDS!!!

And I mean both as a very pretty plant and the end resulting flower.

12 Likes