How many f5+ seeds are out there on OG?

That’s the exact one! Strawberry short crack and Neutron Grape!!

1 Like

I wonder what would happen if you tissue cultured an auto mom - if it stalls the timeline while it is in culture maybe you could actually BC from an F gen or two later. Maybe an auto could be strung along almost indefinitely?

3 Likes

i have a pack of Oil Spill F5s packed away somewhere. i don’t know where i got them from though. i would love to breed with them but i have too much planned already.

4 Likes

I hope you can get to them one day! I haven’t had the pleasure of smoking or growing Oil Spill but I’ve seen all of the great stuff out there about Mandelbrot’s Oil Spill.

1 Like

I keep looking at mephisto because they only work with autos and Fastbuds,I am interested in how they breed autos since you can’t really backcross except for this:sample the Pollen from the reversed Female,pollinate and store the rest,when you grow the F1 you “backcross” with Pollen stored from the “mom”.What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Oh man ! Please do! An increase even! That’s a gem right there I was looking for for a long time. Nice

4 Likes

I have a TON of stuff above f5, several we’ve worked ourselves (my old crew or me and my mentor) I try and take things I really like into the f4 realm for stability , uniformity sake. Especially to utilize for breeding. After that it’s usually just to keep ‘em fresh or try and coax out a certain trait/phenotypical expression

7 Likes

And you are correct about Mephisto, started as a few dudes on a farm just killing it on the autos they created…. Then they set to make autos “not shit” and have definitely succeeded. They are literally bred to breed with they say. I really need to start throwing autos in the mix

4 Likes

Top shelf I think I saw a short list of some of what you’re holding in a thread somewhere! I’m not surprised you and your crew got it like that lol, I gotta agree I hope we see an increase on that oil spill as well and that Mephisto autos are worth getting into

1 Like

Do you think there’s any reason other than stability and hybrid vigor for taking something to f10? Or an advanced BX? I’m hoping to get into breeding seriously once I get my grow skills under me

2 Likes

Sometimes they are looking for a crazy outlier trait, or a specific trait, terp that may even be recessive etc. or just increasing as stuff gets old. I’ve always wondered if the old stuff was ever even kept track of like that? Or is it possible some real old strains are already like f10 when discovered or rediscovered and so are actually like f15 or so by now…. If I ever find, create my gem , my magnum opus I hope to be able to take it way out there just to explore further and see what happens as we delve into 10x etc. does it always just stay almost identical and continue to tighten up, or does it break out and throw crazy recessives later and possibly that freaky frost monster etc. ?

2 Likes

After reading your post in the memories thread earlier I now know your age…… I love it! I started really getting into my passion around the exact same age! And nothing was similar back then, it’s a whole new ballgame and a breeders world! Skies the limit @Sodapop and I can see your passion, you’ll get there and then some. Always around too if you ever need help or advice, don’t hesitate to hmu

2 Likes

You can still back cross with auto’s… or am I missing something?

1 Like

It’s out there if you look around. I have an f10, but it sucks to grow. F3 is good for growing imo. It’s easy to reinvigorate via hybridization. I have a few old heirlooms I’ve been thinking about outcrossing and then backcrossing to liven them up a bit.

6 Likes

Only if you keep pollen from the previous generation, yeah

4 Likes

I’m only looking for them to breed tbh! I’m just trying to get a handle on where people do things because breeding is my eventual intention

2 Likes

So I was right with that,I Need to store the reversed mom Pollen to back cross autos!

3 Likes

I bred a Red GSC to the 5th. A lot of work!

4 Likes

Your amazing seed run!

I have some F6 sour bubble that is very uniform and shows no loss of vigour, F6 is about where I like them for making hybrids.

3 Likes