How many f5+ seeds are out there on OG?

Thanks for the lesson Mithridate

2 Likes

Many people make cases against inbred lines. I will remain silent as I’ve never tested but I’ll drool over another man’s f6 and up. Why? To get to f3 is to clean up the sexual purity a bit. Meaning no fems have been used for 3 generations. The use of fems in breeding is a no no in my book. Many strains get hermie tags because fems were used in recent lineage. If bred 3 times in regular seeds the hermie will become only upon stressing. And if you go all the way to IBL it should pass stress tests with flying colors. I learned this to be true.

3 Likes

Good seeds are good seeds. And you word is what counts. Not everyone is going to like all great strains but some need to brag about the experience to verify that a strain is top shelf.

2 Likes

Nice stash of seeds.

3 Likes

Maybe instead of fillial generations it’s better to think in terms of heterozygous/homozygous for a given trait of interest. I.e does your plant reliably produce a particular terp profile or structural habit or yield or resistance to something, a particular effect etc.

6 Likes

I agree, it’s not a good measure of anything for the kind of reproduction in cannabis. It makes more sense for a plant like a tomato where even in open pollination, plants are predominantly inbreeding still and only <30% of the seeds it makes will be using the genetics of another plant. F generations can be very different between that and an open pollination of cannabis, which through flower structure and split sexual expressions naturally resists that kind of bottlenecking.

It is difficult not to degrade cannabis through extensive inbreeding. I often try to reduce selective pressure when inbreeding for this reason by including more plants in each generation. It’s hard to get the numbers to inbreed very well.

7 Likes

Looking forward to the GSD F6. Is this the SSDD male that Bodhi lost?

Thanks

3 Likes

not sure about that @Dirt_Wizard may be the one to ask? he helped me out when i had questions about Copa strains.

@BeagleZ just finished some gsd here is some of his post.

[quote=“BeagleZ, post:168, topic:103022”]
Everyone is bulking up really really nicely. Bud formation and structure on all are great.
The GSD#2 foxtailed more than the others but she seems to be filling herself in now as well.

PhotoDump…3af93b4af4b8bed359b055eedda04f20f358cde2_2_514x500
[/quote]e145d6f6eb677926253462d9c2719bfd4b05f362_2_414x500 cd7d4685c7b782d555d10718f58cb29e88e7d68f_2_535x500

it is a great strain for extraction also :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Yeah it looks frosty well if you ever have an excess of seeds lmk lol

1 Like

Yes it’s worked from the GG4 x SSDD freebie from 2018 that Bodhi released

5 Likes

Thanks kind growmie

3 Likes

thanks for that info, good to know!

1 Like

Heaters there. Get those things going.

2 Likes

Funny the reason I replied was Oil Spill and you’re talking magnum opus, which Mandelbrot has a strain named Magnum Opus. I wish more were growing that stuff out on here or that I wasn’t broke and could order some myself. Haha

1 Like

I’m right there with you Pat lol but as soon as I do I’ll be grabbing it! Unless a kind OG’er blesses me first

1 Like

I have Long Valley Royal Kush going right now. Selected down from 40+ seeds.
Didn’t make any seed with them yet as I want to choose the best of the 5 ladies that I kept. I also kept 20 or so pollen packs each from both a heavy yield male and a super strong smelling and extremely frosty male. The frosty male was so impressive I have revegged him which is something I almost never do.
Long valley Royal was the basis for the subsequent release of Oil Spill and then came Magnum Opus. All based on the same genetics as the foundations.
I’ll be working this line for a while I’m thinking. The females are gonna be killer smoke I just know it. Fast flowering times as well and they will finish between week 8 and 9. They have already swallowed up the pistils and aren;t producing new ones so they are getting close to harvest time and it is day 50 of 12/12 today.

5 Likes

It is also in Royal Procession which many people are growing.

2 Likes

yup.
It’s in the Royal Procession given out in the contests by @darkillusion
I will be popping some of those as soon as Nov 1 gets here. I plan to find a nice female to hit with my frosty long valley royal male :wink: Those seeds will end up in the free seeds thread at some point .

I also used Long Valley Royal Kush as the male in my cross with P98 Bubba Kush(verdant green S1) a couple years ago and released it to GLG as Bubba Royale. I’m really surprised to see a pack or two still availlable of those. The plants from those seeds were very well received.

I have another P98 Bubba Kush S1 , again from Verdant Green’s releases and I hit her with Long Valley Royal Kush again but this time with an extremely awesome frosty male.
Bubba Royale 2.0 I guess it could be called. Excited to dive into those seeds this winter

8 Likes

Sounds awesome!! I’ve been watching your grow for sure. Can’t wait to see what you select and how you like the smoke from the females. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for that lineage lesson, it’s interesting to learn about all these strains that are new to me but hold a piece of importance to the strain scene in other places!

1 Like