How much do you smoke a day?

I am a bong ripper, STILL, even though it pains my lungs so…I prolly smoke about an eighth every other day but when I have a harvest, which Im working on number 2 now, then its as much as I can…I just LOVE taking my 18 inch glass bong rips and FEEL the expansion and frankly deteriorating of my breathing mechanisms!

6 Likes

I live to grow, I love to drink and I adore other people’s money!

19 Likes

…and THAT’S how one does it! I LOVE it!

1 Like

I gave up smoking all day, every day, over 40 years ago. I realized that tolerance can induce a vicious cycle of chasing the high, and consuming more ganja does not really help because it soon becomes self defeating.
Also. if you get high in the morning (or at work), what do you do after the day is done and it’s time to relax?..if you have been high all day then seek to get higher in the evening it becomes somewhat counter productive in the long run to keep ratcheting up your dosage.
In order for me to consistently get as high as I want, I generally only smoke in the evenings. And I take a few tolerance breaks during the year and quit for 5 to 7 days at a time. Diversity of smoke stash is also helpful in attaining the delightful high that I seek.
I am fortunate, in that, I only use cannabis for recreational purposes (I only smoke flowers). I also drink alcohol occasionally and smoke a fine cigar now and then. I have no interest in any other intoxicants whatsoever.

So my consumption of ganja is probably always less than a gram a day.
I only use a pipe, usually my trusty corncob.

So my basic outlook is simple.
The less you smoke, the higher you will get.

But of course, I can only speak to what works for me.

22 Likes

I’m loving all these replies. Some really great stories. And @Pedro_Bann I absolutely New you were a man for the people’s money after your second reply lol :joy: :joy::joy: I love the drink as well. Maybe to much :beers:

@Shadey damn right lock your shit up. Hahaha

Such large variations in what everyone is smoking. One thing to be sure of is that no matter what, big or small amounts used marijuana has a beautifully, unique experience for each individual user. This is why we love this plant.

8 Likes

I can’t not smoke is my problem and now with those carts it just makes it easier. I am unfortunately in that vicious circle.

3 Likes

@randrobertson522 I smoked a lot of bongs as a young lad and I realized I was harming myself. I remember, before switching to joints 10 years ago, taking a very deep breath and it hurting. Now paper from Rollie’s isn’t great but it’s the way you smoke a joint that I feel is more beneficial to the body. Some people inhale slightly, some only into the cheeks, some super deep but it gives you that variable/option instead of smashing every hit deep into the lungs.

8 Likes

Theres something about smoking joints that I really enjoy. Maybe its the ritual. Breaking it down rolling it smoking it. I dont know. Nothing gets me as “high” as smoking a joint. I have a digital volcano. I had pipes and bongs. I have pens and hand held vaporizers. None of them get me where I want.

9 Likes

Hmmmm as much as I can :relaxed:

4 Likes

@PoppaPuff We are cut from the same cloth my friend :v:

2 Likes

maybe that is the problem I am having then. I have made canna-oil and it doesn’t seem to affect me so much as others that have tried it. I do smoke with it, that may be my problem. I did not realize that you should not smoke and do edibles. Now when you say edibles, do you mean cookies and shit like that or does that include using the butter in every day cooking as well. I will use the butter in my Grrits (I always thought that was funny) Here is the supposed story:
Billy Carter on behalf of the President, served a brunch to a group of Heads of State (Japanese, Australians, French, Africans, etc…) back in the mid '70s. At this brunch, In one of the containers was this off white substance that no one there had ever seen before. The Delegation started conversing with one another about what each thought it must be, or their thoughts on the dish. The Japanese delegate made a statement about it being snow from our Mt. Fuji. The French delegate asked if he should eat it or make things with it. About this time, Billy Carter apparently got ticked, stood up from the table and said - This is southern tradition I wanted to share with you, it’s called grits, grits, G-R-R-I-T-S, you put a little butter and salt and pepper on it and it’s real good. And don’t let anyone give you hominy or Cream of Wheat, those are just imitations - . At which point the French delegate said - Why would anyone want to imitate dis - . Then the Chinese delegate simply quoted Confucius and made a statement about Confucius being a very wise man. At which point point Billy Carter filling a little disgruntled after all the comments made about his selection for brunch said - Well, if Confucius lived so long ago, how do you know he was such a wise man? Whit out a hesitation the Chinese delegate slightly nodded his head and stated - Well, He Never Eat G-R-R-I-T-S.

hope you enjoyed that little story,

Regards,

mike28086

6 Likes

I hear you on this, it’s exactly the problem that occurs. Before you know it you are smashing down a quarter a day, never getting stoned and waking up every morning feeling like someone has taken to your lungs with a wire brush.

8 Likes

Thats some useful info and I need to improve my delivery method because otherwise Ill be with emphysema before long!

2 Likes

Great insight! And DEFINITELY worth admitting the science behind what you say is true. No getting around it. Tolerance does develop and pollute the process! As much as I can comprehend that concept, though, I’ve been my.whole life feeling as though there’s something wrong with me because I keep feeling the need to intoxicate myself…its a vicious cycle but one that I’m hoping this wonderful plant can help with because at the end of MY day, if I’m overindulging with cannabis thats FAR better than what I’ve been prone to overdo in the past!
I think that there is a balance that a lot of you on this site have acheived and its a BIG draw for me to hear about it because it makes the impossible more possible…
Thanks for that!

4 Likes

We are just wired that way bro. Some of us are seekers of stimulus, adventure and risk. About 10% of the population in fact. Turns out, that any society NEEDS a certain percentage of the population to be like this or else they just sit on their arses and never try anything, new, risky or exiting. Interestingly the greater the environmental rewards for risk the greater the % of the population will display this attribute. So where the surrounding environment is lush and dense and just over the hill could be utopia then the % of thrill seeking risk takers is higher. So fight the war, fuck the norm. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Words of Wisdom, brother, words of wisdom! I like your use of the word “we”! such a simply INVOLVING use of it…I am trying to be wiser and with a daughter giving me the ten second clock, all I can say is switch the negative for the positive,for instance, I LOVE to make sounds and have just taught myself enough on the guitar with the gear assembled, to make noises instead of killing brain cells…? does that jive? if instead of injecting narcotics into my bloodstream I learn that Ty Segall riff I have been NOT getting out of me head!?

3 Likes

I still love that…“seekers of stimulus” Brilliant!

3 Likes

Totally with you man. The thing about smoking that floats my boat the most is to sit and play my guitar and make music for hours. Not all of it is musical and I am sure as shit never going to be a rock star, but man I am going to enjoy it just as much as if I were. :laughing: I have an addictive personality since forever. Narcotics and gambling would be the end of me, I’d fold like a cheap suit and it would be all over. I know myself enough to know that much, so have always somehow managed to keep my distance and stick with the weed, friends, family, music and mostly good times. Sweet sister morphine… real sexy but just as dangerous.
Sit and play songs on the guitar with the kids/crew and they will NEVER forget it, that’s how you make memories IMHO.

6 Likes

did you mean stimulus or stimulants? either could apply here.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said that better myself. I havent had the problem of gambling, prolly cuz I never have much money, :wink:, however, I’ve had issues with other non drug type addictions and MAN! those can really play havok on a life! I TOO play music, though prolly as you I never know if it sounds good to others or not. Also though, I dont NEED it to sound good to others cuz it FEELS good to me to play and any habit that promotes wellbeing is very coveted by me. So I totally get what ur saying! I also fight the opiate goddess of destruction, but at the moment have narcotic replacement stuff going on, if you catch my meaning. One day Id LOVE to no longer hafta worry about being somewhere everyday just to feel ok! Buts its brought stability and with that my venture into growing this RAD plant and being able to connect with people from all over the world, Im in Northern California myself, and I think this is the compliment I needed to add to my healthy habits and hobbies. BTW, Ive been broke but had problems with guitar and amp rig, the amp stopped working but was fortunately a tube issue and once i upgraded the 2 preamp and 1 power tube, it sings nicely, its a Vox AC4C1, btw, but my guitar has some problem with the bridge pickup not working. Im hoping that too is an easier fix, still my point is that this tinkering with changing the tubes, which on my little 4 watt amp was easy peezy after the help of a YouTube video, anyways, its created this additional hobby of DIYing your own shit and the pride that comes along with it.
Thanks for listening…

3 Likes