How'd you get your username?

Just ask me about Buddhism!! :slightly_smiling_face: :smiley:!!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

and lets not forget his fearless leader Major-General Sir Isaac Brock.

He was promoted to major general, and became responsible for defending Upper Canada against the United States. While many in Canada and Britain believed war could be averted, Brock began to ready the army and militia for what was to come. When the War of 1812 broke out, the populace was prepared, and quick victories at Fort Mackinac and Detroit defeated American invasion efforts.

Brockā€™s actions, particularly his success at Detroit, earned him accolades including knighthood in the Order of the Bath and the sobriquet ā€œThe Hero of Upper Canadaā€

I am out likes but wanted to thank yā€™all for thatā€¦
@CanuckistanPete @Foreigner @Ris

Oh Snap! Hold Up wait a minuteā€¦ I am in the United Statesā€¦:wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been to Detroit and itā€™s nice to see Canadaā€™s handiwork in person :+1:

2 Likes

I have been to Detroitistan tooā€¦ I was not so impressed, more depressed.

2 Likes

Yeah man one of the scariest places Iā€™ve been is bombed out Detroit. Suburbs are lovely though.

1 Like

Used to hang out a lot with some people down there. One time a friend drove us to a downtown bar. We all drank lots and took a cab back home. Went back to retrieve the car the next day and someone had thrown a cinderblock through the windshield.

2 Likes

thatā€™s what the icon is for, iā€™m not really a catā€¦maybe.

lucky it was there at all. i have some friends in some not-so-nice areas in detroit and thereabouts.

4 Likes

Although it was him who got the accolades, it was the first nations peoples that helped him who saved Canada from falling into the hands of the US when hw was getting his arse kicked.

6 Likes

We all know the song of 1812.
Lol
It didnā€™t quite happen that way. Those were actually some rough times back then. Even around DC area it was nothing but swamps and mosquitoes. Canada could have had a lot more land if they wanted to and that wouldā€™ve been the time to do it. I think the one American general was sick or something. They couldnā€™t get their act together.

Hemp has always been a tag for me. When people would talk about dank, at shows. I would throw up a sign that said, I want hemp. Plus, it was my favorite dogs name.

@Ris
On the first OverGrow I was @Atmosphear because I Pheared Air pollution. Still Do.
Now I am Heliosphear Because I phear the star at the center of our Solar System.

8 Likes

I was gonna correct your spelling then it suddenly dawned on me thatā€™s how you spell your username :rofl:
Phear not I realised before I made a twat of myself. :v:

4 Likes

Hm. Sounds a lot like some Tom Brown stuff going on hereā€¦ :nerd_face:

1 Like

Simply put. ā€¦ Iā€™m new to growing herb and I continue to maintain a ā€œbeginnersā€ approach to growing so that I can maybe one day help simply the process for prospective/would-be growers.

1 Like

I was not aware of this person before looking up their story online just now. I might have to check out his books. See if the philosophies align.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been to Tomā€™s school a couple times back in the 90ā€™s.
Some of his story isā€¦ problematic.

But I have watched him spot mouse tracks in wet soil in the leaf litter. I didnā€™t believe it until I got down and saw it.
His tracking skill is almost superhuman. Itā€™s freaky to watch in action.

I was never great at the tracking aspect of his schools.
Iā€™ve always been a plant nerd, wild edibles, medicinals, primitive tool making, etcā€¦

4 Likes

My tracking is not exactly the same type of tracking. But I do a little bit of that for hunting, and I did a vision quest when I was young.

3 Likes

When I first joining canna forums back in 04 or so I wanted a separate handle for them, had been buying bags from a Jamaican guy for awhile and he was always saying that locals in Jamaica referred to Jamaica as their ā€œyardā€ so I combined that with Hugh Masekelaā€™s song ā€œGrazing in the Grassā€ and came up with yardgrazer. Also I have a habit of thinking things up while super high, thinking they sound like an awesome idea, and just going with itā€¦

5 Likes

Id have done something along those lines but, CripplingDebt&SocialSituations was too long.

4 Likes

I just like my weed a little stinky.

4 Likes