humidity is a problem in the tent

I find it’s pointless having a dehumidifier INSIDE a tent unless it’s a monster. The air exchange happens too often. You need it drawing the dehumidified air in from outside. Maybe bro science but I wouldn’t want a dehumidifier in there sucking moisture up from where ever it finds it, just the air.

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea, I’ll give it a try

I have A/C in the room where the tent is

1 Like

Out of likes…but dehumidifier would work, it cools the air also @Germankinggrower1

2 Likes

Crikey, these Germans don’t mess about do they, what a beautiful setup. I think a dehumidifier outside the tent, somewhere close to wherever the air gets drawn in would be good. Plus if you can vent to the outside world rather than back into the room that would save it just going round and round. I’ve run autopots before and found they stay quite wet, never really drying back much, which is fine but I covered the tops of my pots with tinfoil and noticed a drop in the humidity in the tent. Might be worth a try as you’re not top watering with autopots.

3 Likes

I concur with @Igor

1 Like

Do you know what type of aircon you have? There are differences between split systems and evaporative systems that rely on humidity being evaporated to cause cooling. What I’m saying is you may still benefit from a dehumidifier.

1 Like

The trick, someone mentioned in the thread, is to put it outside the tent. They mentioned the dehumidifier puts out heat, which has been a concern for me, as well as since the air turns over in the tent so quickly the humidity in the lung room matters more.

It’s good advice I won’t take because my lung room is my living room and people are always leaving the damn door wide open

2 Likes

You’re right about outside the tent…and I feel you on people leaving the door wide open!!!

1 Like

I Highly recommend you to donsome research on what vapour pressure deficit is and from them do what you consider the best.

Both links will get you the basic knowledge and help you to optimise your environment with minimal to not input, or make you realise that you are over the top.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

This one is even better

It’s a lot easier to control the tent RH if the room it is in is drier…like the others said. No Jedi mind trick needed.

:evergreen_tree:

I’ve stripped plants down to stems with pokes of leaves and they don’t care. Once I defoliated every week to see what would happen in RDWC and ended up with GORILLA FISTS of :popcorn: . Plant grew fine but trim jail was harsh.

Are you venting your AC’s exhaust outdoors?
Are you exhausting outdoors regardless?

I always had a RH% problem until I started venting right outside so the humidity didn’t linger.

2 Likes

That AC looks tiny?! Is there a condenser in there or is it a “swamp cooler”?

:thinking:

I think it’s a dehumidifier, not full blown AC.

its exhaust is made outside, today I received a new dehumidifier for air zesim, how will it be

I also think that the dehumidifier is an air problem