Hunting Lucky Dog, Top Dawg, Prolific Coast Seeds, Freeborn Selections, CSI

I usually don’t flower the seed plant. I run clones and they express so different than the seed plant. I think it has to do with the age sexual maturity of the plant.

It’s kind of like Pokémon— gotta get them all.

2 Likes

This is the picture i took during the superbowl last sunday, right after planting the seeds

So it’s 72hours later and like half the seeds are up, sick, what a good feeling, top dawg wins the germination race, both sour diesels and i-80 are almost all up. you see the cinnamon there

forbidden fruit are up too, guerilla fume there’s a couple, lime 1 X jaro almost about to pop their heads above ground, and meow has 0 germination action, next time i’ll let ya’ll know once everything is above ground, but yeah my 2 most expensive packs popped first!

27 Likes

Oh man anything with Lime 1 in it is a winner IME. Really stoked to see this lime jaro cross grown out. Lime Pop Kush with is the Lime 1 line taken to F3 crossed onto the Florida OG is my favorite head stash smoke period. I’ll be following along!

5 Likes

EYE CONTACT

2 Likes

nice! feel free to share pictures and a smoke report hehe, i havn’t looked into it myself, i heard meane gene talk about it on the potcast, someone traded me these seeds (lime 1 x jaro) for one of my (very) special bodhi’s old soul clone, i often pop seeds then later look into what it is made of

2 Likes

So i had bad germination with prolific coast “meow” (4 out of 12) and 4 sour diesel didn’t pop also, so i replanted a couple seed of each, and also replanted in pots that didn’t germinate 6 CSI pine tar kush freebies. Everything else germinated 99.9%

So i’m annoyed with this shit, look at the pack of prolific coast, the seeds are in between two stickers but on the STICKY side parts of the stickers, the seeds are stored on sticker glue… that’s just dumb as shit, straight up, i wasn’t going to say anything until only 4 outta 12 popped, the seeds were stuck (of course) to the glue when i was trying to take 'em out, annoying, worst seed packaging and sadly germination rate

28 Likes

some didn’t germinate so i replanted more of those seeds, if there was none left i planted some pine tar kush IBL from CSI so i got 65 plants! not bad, 10 of these seeds are feminized (s1 are feminized right?) so i should get a workable amount of females of every strain. I flipped to 12/12 today at day 7 so it’s not exactly 12/12 from seed

this is what is up:
sour diesel - 7
i-80 - 11
guerilla fume - 13
meow - 7
forbidden fruit s1 - 7
irene x chem91 s1 - 3
pine tar kush - 5
lime 1 x jaro - 12

34 Likes

I want on the list to purchase cuts when you’re done hunting! Your packs of csi and meangene have me drooling man!

2 Likes

Humidifier dust, is it ok to be on plants and everywhere? i don’t have my carbon filter hooked up yet cause i know that would clog it. you see the white dust on the leaves, that’s humidifier dust and there’s more than it looks like, i even put a water filter in the water line but it’s still dusty as hell

i build a rack inside my tent so now it’s a real clone tent, it’s around 3x5x6 was $300 from uline, not cheap and it seems real sturdy and good quality, i got a LED at the bottom for the moms, and i’m going to put some clone/neon lights on top, recommendations?

17 Likes

day 13 since germination and i’m top dressing earlier than ever, to train the plants to know where the food is going to be, and grow roots up to it, cause all the food they are getting is top dressed. this is buildasoil craft blend, i usually use the dr. earth fertilizers, i don’t even really know why i’m switching it up, it’s been working fine haha

17 Likes

So glad that lime 1 x jaro germed! That truly is a unicorn cross there you have. 2 of his 3 most famous lines crossed together and never released publicly afaik :drooling_face:

5 Likes

yeah man i’ll definetly keep clones of females and pollen from males or a male, i’ll share any keeper cuts too

11 Likes

Day 17 total

First cool thing since germination, two of the the forbidden fruit s1 reeeek already, i had good forbidden fruit once a few years ago, the smell of one of those plants is dead on the flavor i remember exhaling for the first time and being like “this doesn’t taste like weed this is fruit, forbidden fruit is a fruit you can smoke, not a weed strain?” i didn’t really say that but you know, smells like peach candy, the other one more like big league chew, both loud and bigger than the rest, the i-80 are also big as hell

PCS cold cookies reeks too, but more like sour plant not candy fruit… or cookies lol, anyways the forbidden fruits are s1 and i’m still hoping one of the 2 loud ones is a male, but what are the chances a male from a s1 pops up, 25%? and what are the chances it’ll breed good? 0%?

68 plants, i think next update i’ll have some males and females getting separated

i taped some plastic tarp around my useless fabic pots

28 Likes

Everything looks very happy and your excellent descriptions made me very happy! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Males! i think this is day 20 from germination, day 15 of 12/12 and i got 16 sexed plants, 5 females, 11 males, this is just the males. So for now the sexed plants are under 24/0 to stop flowering so i can take some clones to run

one of the irene kush x chem 91 s1 is a males

i got 3 really big and nice lime 1 x jaro males seems like a waste killing 'em, but i havn’t really found any of the 13 males to smell really strong, nothing really special on the stem rubs, so i’m guessing i need to flower 'em out longer somewhere else so see what’s up but i don’t really have anywhere to really do that, maybe 3 or 4 of them yeah… what do i do?

the 2 sour diesel males i think, maybe, smell stronger, but all the sour diesels are smaller plants

23 Likes

Hey @supershitfuck . If your determined , you can individually enclose each male with a pollen isolation bag of some sort, flower them out( while in bags), collect and evaluate in a separate spot( eg. the garage).
Dry and store the pollen from the males you like, spray the pollen you don’t like with water (to neutralize) and dispose. It’s a lot of work and coordination to keep the pollen seperate. Best of luck with your selections!

10 Likes

They’re looking really healthy! As far as the lime 1 x jaro males… could always let them go into flower then cut them and just stick the tops in water and let them dump somewhere else. Or potentially flower them somewhere else. Once they’re close light cycle isn’t going to matter much so could get them going then move them to a veg space where they wouldn’t be pollinating everything. But, i think you’re totally right re: probably wanting to flower them out to make selections. I’m a freeborn fanboy so of course i’m rooting for some pollen to get taken :joy: but, i also wouldn’t blame you for culling them. Just such a ridiculously rare pack to have I hope they find a way to make a little pollen somehow!

9 Likes

Curious what you would cross the lime jaro with if you had a choice?

Catching up here… Damn man I have to turn on that notification bell for this thread. Wish I had space like this to grow. Everything looks great and I’m really excited to see these all being grown out. Thanks for sharing the info so far as you have already answered a bunch of my questions I had about these strains and you’re only 3 weeks or so into it!

That Prolific Seed package rant made me laugh! That is a very dumb seed package.

Anyway… Looking forward to seeing this all play out. I like you’re style my man.

4 Likes

i was having a bad day haha, i’m trying to wait to see what pops up from those seeds but… lack common sense like this it’s like… what else did you fuck up haha, but i’m going to take all of this back if there’s a really good plant in it!

i live in hollywood man, we don’t have garages (or space) around here haha, but i do have a little hidden shaded yard thing, i could keep 'em there, but if they drop pollen it’s a dick move because there is a bunch of people growing around here. My idea whs to keep like 3 or 4 males total in a cardboard box with a light bulb on 12/12, if i saw males that stand out, but it’s just too early to tell. i kinda have nowhere to put 'em unless i kill most of 'em

ok well i already had my mind made up on keeping ONE lime 1 x jaro male, and if you live around here come grab 'em dude i’ll give you all of 'em

my idea (not plan) was to find a unicorn male(s) and pollinate a branch of each females, and at the end just keep the seeds of the best females

10 Likes